Sign in to follow this  
allways travelling

Dont become a selling club

Just been reading a few things on the norwich site with referance to earnshaw with granty saying everyone has there price.On this occasion i feeel that should be incorrect to lose earny woukd be disastrouse as like ashton everytime we get someone wholooks really promising and 17 goals already in the bag.He is priceless at the moment we sell him and our future goes down the pan after losing ashton this will be one player to many in my eyes.

[quote user="allways travelling"]Just been reading a few things on the norwich site with referance to earnshaw with granty saying everyone has there price.On this occasion i feeel that should be incorrect to lose earny woukd be disastrouse as like ashton everytime we get someone wholooks really promising and 17 goals already in the bag.He is priceless at the moment we sell him and our future goes down the pan after losing ashton this will be one player to many in my eyes.[/quote]

I have supported the club for 40 years and they always have been a selling club. The first I remember was Ron Davies to Southampton. Can anyone older remember when we didnt sell our most valuable forwards?

As Grant says, there are only 3 or 4 clubs in this country who aren''t selling clubs - Arsenal - Part of ITVMan Utd - Owned by the GlazersChelskov - Owned by a part time bond villainLiverpool - Owned I think by the Littlewoods catalogue people, unless they''ve been bought out while I wasn''t looking.If a big offer comes in, he will go.  If a Premiership club want him that badly, he will want to go. If he does go, his sale will give us enough money for a replacement, maybe even a couple of signings to balance the squad up a little, so signing him was a win - win situation really.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]As Grant says, there are only 3 or 4 clubs in this country who aren''t selling clubs -

Arsenal - Part of ITV
Man Utd - Owned by the Glazers
Chelskov - Owned by a part time bond villain
Liverpool - Owned I think by the Littlewoods catalogue people, unless they''ve been bought out while I wasn''t looking.

If a big offer comes in, he will go.  If a Premiership club want him that badly, he will want to go. If he does go, his sale will give us enough money for a replacement, maybe even a couple of signings to balance the squad up a little, so signing him was a win - win situation really.

[/quote]keeping him is always going to be a win win situation as well as he will always maintain his value untill older.plus we will always have the chance with a twenty to thirty proven goalscorer of going back to the premn .Why sell and hope we can get another proven goalscorer.

Post-Bosman ruling, the decision rests with the player.  We all saw what happened when Ashton became disillusioned with Championship football.  I don''t think Earnshaw would ever "go slow" like Ashton did, or indeed go on strike like Van Hoojdonk did at Forest, but a responsible employer lets an employee go if that employee gets an offer they can''t refuse.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]As Grant says, there are only 3 or 4 clubs in this country who aren''t selling clubs -

Arsenal - Part of ITV
Man Utd - Owned by the Glazers
Chelskov - Owned by a part time bond villain
Liverpool - Owned I think by the Littlewoods catalogue people, unless they''ve been bought out while I wasn''t looking.

If a big offer comes in, he will go.  If a Premiership club want him that badly, he will want to go. If he does go, his sale will give us enough money for a replacement, maybe even a couple of signings to balance the squad up a little, so signing him was a win - win situation really.

[/quote]

More like Grant will get £3.5million for a replacement while the board pockets any profit!!!

[quote user="USAcanary"]

At one time we held the record for selling the most 1 million+ players than any other team in football.

[/quote]

And I bet at that time we had never paid 1 million for a player. It''s always been that way, even in the succesful times.

''Don''t became a selling club'' what a naive person with that comment. Norwich have always been  a selling club and will always be a selling club. Just look at the current ex city players still performing WELL in the Championship.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="USAcanary"]

At one time we held the record for selling the most 1 million+ players than any other team in football.

[/quote]

And I bet at that time we had never paid 1 million for a player. It''s always been that way, even in the succesful times.

[/quote]

From memory, which isn''t good at the best of times, we sold our fisrt million pound player in the early 80''s and signed our fist in around 94/95 (Jon Newsome?)  and tha was our record fee paid until we signed Deano for £3 million.