Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Grant the exceptional manager

Is only looking for players on these shores.....  What a plonker this man is - and a clone of the idiot Worthington.

George Burley does alright looking abroad.

Peter Grant is a lesser Workrate manager - Just like Worthington - with a big mouth.  Great.

You can buy some real tripe from abroad.

List below.

Develd

Fugglestad

De Waard

Anselin

De Blassis

Ottosson

Segura

Sorry my spelling may well be crap, but wasnt most of the above here when Grant played? Maybe this is what put him off.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Is only looking for players on these shores.....  What a plonker this man is - and a clone of the idiot Worthington.

George Burley does alright looking abroad.

Peter Grant is a lesser Workrate manager - Just like Worthington - with a big mouth.  Great.

[/quote]

But players from overseas often take months (maybe even a year) to settle in and show us their best form.

If that happens you''ll be on here claiming they''re the worst player ever to wear the yellow and green.

He can''t win really can he?

Matteo Sereni

Martin Reuser

Finidi George?

They hardly set the world on fire, and swiftly helped Ipshit to relegation the following year.

While Segura, Diop, De waard, derveld and co got norwich to the premiership didnt they !

Listen Guys I understand our scouts are a total joke, but as has been proven this affects home players as well as those from abroad.  I hear the "they need time to settle" argument, but lots of good players come over and make an immediate impact, you have to know who to sign:

Here are a few examples

Pascal Chimbonda
Grzegorz Rasiak
Inigo Idiakiz
Bartosz Bialkowski  
John Viafara
Rudi Skacel
Alexander Ostlund
Pele
Michael Svensson

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

You can buy some real tripe from abroad.

List below.

Develd

Fugglestad

De Waard

Anselin

De Blassis

Ottosson

Segura

Sorry my spelling may well be crap, but wasnt most of the above here when Grant played? Maybe this is what put him off.

[/quote]

Fuglestadt and De Blasiis were actually half decent players... agree about the rest though..

De Blasiis Passing was exceptional! we could do with him in the midfield now!

jas :)

I don''t think CJF read the full article. Just the headline.

Grants Justification for this is spot on. Overseas players are not worth the risk in our current position.

His comments also tell us that he would be more than willing to look abroad if we develop a settled side. Sensible I''d say.

We''ve bought plenty of crap non-foreign players as well - in fact the list is so long it put me off making it!

The point is that you cut your options in half if you exclude good players for a spurious reason like where they were born. If they''re good enough get them here, if not don''t.

You''re right CJF, the man is a plonker.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

I don''t think CJF read the full article. Just the headline.

[/quote]As always.  Confused [8-)]

[quote user="Roasted Guniea Pig"]Grant is the manager, if he doesn''t want to look abroad then he doesn''t have to! Plenty of home grown talent here in the British Isles.[/quote]most of it seems to be in scotland according to grantSACK GRANT NOW