Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

bye bye earnie

think its the end for earnie, he must be gutted to keep carrying this club on his own. if anyone, even accrington came in for him, i wouldnt blame him if he left would you?

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]he''s probably already learned what a waster Peter Grant is................... so he''ll jump ship while he can
[/quote]

Because clearly you know.

I know Ernie’s goal scoring record speaks for him this season but I would have thought that any Prem scouts who have watched him over the last three games might have concluded that he is not Prem material. He will be up against far better defenders in the Prem and his first touch does let him down at times.

[quote user="Chunky Canary"]

I know Ernie’s goal scoring record speaks for him this season but I would have thought that any Prem scouts who have watched him over the last three games might have concluded that he is not Prem material. He will be up against far better defenders in the Prem and his first touch does let him down at times.

[/quote]

Yeah...  12 goals in 24 Premiership games for a struggling West Brom outfit...  clearly not Premiership class is he???

Earnie is class... Both Harry Redknapp and Mark Hughes aren''t fools...  With a quality striker to play alongside and a decent team around him plus either of those two managers as a nemesis Earnie would score bags of goals...

Yet there is still talk from people on here of selling Earnie for £3mil or £4mil....  Unbelieveable!!!

Smudger, I wish that you and people like you would read posts properly. I specifically referred to Earnie’s performance over the last three games (this was before Crystal Palace).Even after that game I noticed that some posters rated him 5.5. I am aware that my thoughts may well be termed heretical with many of city supporters but I am not yet convinced that he is Prem class. My point was that any Prem club scouts who watched him over those three games might also not be been convinced. Yes, his record at WBA was good but I did not notice the stampede of Prem clubs chasing his services when we signed him. Why was that do you think? After all, Brian Robson had his doubts and maybe he was right. Perhaps the fizzy league is Ernie’s forte. I could well be wrong and that a big bid will be forthcoming from a Prem club. If it does then either you or I will be proved right. Time will tell.

[quote user="Chunky Canary"]

Smudger, I wish that you and people like you would read posts properly. I specifically referred to Earnie’s performance over the last three games (this was before Crystal Palace).Even after that game I noticed that some posters rated him 5.5. I am aware that my thoughts may well be termed heretical with many of city supporters but I am not yet convinced that he is Prem class. My point was that any Prem club scouts who watched him over those three games might also not be been convinced. Yes, his record at WBA was good but I did not notice the stampede of Prem clubs chasing his services when we signed him. Why was that do you think? After all, Brian Robson had his doubts and maybe he was right. Perhaps the fizzy league is Ernie’s forte. I could well be wrong and that a big bid will be forthcoming from a Prem club. If it does then either you or I will be proved right. Time will tell.

[/quote]

How can you even attempt to judge any player on two or three games though (unless they are as c**p as Jasnon Jarrett of course)?

Earnie''s goal record speaks for itself at Championship, Premiership and International level...

Obviously Robson had other issues with the little fella because what kind of fool drops their leading goalscoreer?  Maybe if Robson had of shown more faith in Earnie then he would still of been in employment (he always has been a c**p manager anyway).

I am sure it won''t be long until a decent manager like Hughes or Redknapp give Earnie his chance... and I am also sure that whoever signs him will be a lucky guy and that Earnie will repay their faith with bags of goals and a ticket to Europe...

However, like you say only time will tell!!!