Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Shut up you idiots!

Agreed, Grant could only work with that he had but however limited the talent of each player one thing Grant HAS not done is get limited ability players performing with commitment. THAT IS HIS FAULT so sack him now before we are relegated.

i agree. we cant blame grant for this mess. what worries me though is the fact that he actually thinks robinson hughs and etuhu are good players. i hope he can sort it out soon preferably before we are relegated

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck"]

Ok.......So we judge Grant on the players he brings in...despite the fact that many of us feel he is not up to the job. Fair enough...he''s here now and likely to be so for a long time based on the past performances of this Board. We literally have no choice do we?

So...PG gets the last worthwhile money that this club is likely to stump up for years (due to all manner of prudent measures)....and then we judge him on what happens.

Great....so we''re only going to find that out when we''re broke and in League One.....Fair enough I suppose.......

[/quote]

Very fair and valid points Cluck...

The really worrying thing is...  That the majority of these people who say Grant should be given time to build his own squad and the current set of players he has at his disposal are useless are the same people who it took about 2 years to realise that this ame squad of players were useless under Worthy when clearly anybody with the slightest ounce of football knowledge could see that we were utter c**p only two or three games in to last season...

These are the same people that voted Donkerty player of the season (and possibly even more unbelieveable - Flemming player of the season the year we were promoted)...

These are the same people that thought a team with Donkerty, Louis Jean, Jarrett, Andy Hughes & Co as first choice names on the wekly team sheet was going to storm to the Championship...

Sorry...  you have to laugh don''t you???   

[/quote]

No Smudger, this is not true!!!!!

I was one of the 1st people on this board to realise what utter rubbish Nigel had bought in, and I also was one of the first people to start calling for him to go. Donkerty is rubbish- I would never ever ever vote for him as player of the year.

99% of the people who sit around me think that PG should be given a fair chance- and I can tell you now that they aren''t the biggest fans of the donkey-deadwood players either.

[quote user="kwrtw2006"]

[quote]yea you are blxxdy right i am angry i have supported city through thick and thin for 40 yrs as i have said before when we were 4th bottom of the old 2nd division, i went home and away, cost me alot of dough and a marriage pal. this lot are a disgrace. the board, manager, players and you new wave, everything is alright pxxxpot fans.

the club is supposed to be the supporters, i remember putting dough in to buy gerry howshall years ago, we were part of the club. Now we are just muppets who turn up every

week like divvies, while this board make us into a laughing stock and appoint a geezer who could not arrange orgy in a brothel.

[/quote]

Er, Ricky, I think you should direct your anger at your ''failed marriage'' more than at our current manager. Quite what that''s got to do with NCFC I don''t know, but you can''t seriously think a football club cost you a marriage?!!

Crikey, PG''s had about 5 minutes in charge, what exactly would you have done differently eh? Apart from the obvious ''drop the midfield'' blah blah blah stuff. Your posts are some of the least reasoned or inventive that i have ever read, get a grip & maybe get some anger management too.........!

[/quote]

the marriage thing was a tongue in cheek remark. to answer some of you people, yes this squad is crap but my point is surely a new manager we are pinning our hopes on should give them some sort of lift, i dont see it, tell me what i am missing. The palace game is the first one we have created a few chances, check the stats since this guy has taken over, our shots at goal and on target are none existant from players trying to impress in new manager, wheres the motivation skills.

yes i am angry not with this forum but with the way the club is being handled, the small club mentality, the cheap options, the BS and spin, where the dough has gone remember we sold more million pound players then anyone at else, a few years back.  

BTW just because some of us have to you radical views does not mean NCFC are not the love of our life, its called difference of opinion, as i have said time will tell, i hope to god i am wrong.

Well we will have to agree to differ on our opinion of Mr Grant then won''t we? 

Whether we like it or not we are stuck with him now anyway...  the worrying thing is that with the little money the board will allow the manager to spend we need somebody of Martin O''Neill''s calibre to turn things around (and even then it would be doubtful if he could halt the slide and achieve much)...

Nothing is going to change at this football club until there is a massive shake up in the boardroom... and when that happens any new investors are likely to want to bring a new manager of their own in anyway...  so in my opinion all the talk about Grant is pretty irrelevant...

I think Grant and the board will both realise that they are living on borrowed time come the closing of the transfer window on 31st January anyway!!!