Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Shut up you idiots!

How can anyone say that Grant should be sacked after 3 months? He has inherited a squad that would struggle to beat Barnet''s under 12''s reserve side! Players like Robinson, Hughes, Thorne, McVeigh, etc, etc have no right to be in a championship squad.

So do not blame the innocent party in this. PG is making the most of very little talent available to him. If in a years time we are in this position, then by all means, start pointing the finger in his direction. Yes, he has, and will, make mistakes, as all managers do at the beginning and throughout their careers.

But until them, stop blaming PG. If you really do blame him for this, then I''m afraid you are a very dim person.

you are the idiot pal, if you dont realise a new manager should bring some improvement if only for a honeymoon period, this guy has done nout if anything we are worse.He knew the talent here and must have been confident he could turn it round. he has done plenty of rabbiting and nout else.

he was a cheap option and as usual the city fans stand for it, the fans ambition seem to match the boards, thats a big fat zero, south, thought he was bigger than the club, so did chase, they have gone down to fan power. get rid of these pompous prats of a board and excuse for a manager and stop making excuses for them or we will be in div 1, its happened to bigger clubs than ours.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

you are the idiot pal, if you dont realise a new manager should bring some improvement if only for a honeymoon period, this guy has done nout if anything we are worse.He knew the talent here and must have been confident he could turn it round. he has done plenty of rabbiting and nout else.

he was a cheap option and as usual the city fans stand for it, the fans ambition seem to match the boards, thats a big fat zero, south, thought he was bigger than the club, so did chase, they have gone down to fan power. get rid of these pompous prats of a board and excuse for a manager and stop making excuses for them or we will be in div 1, its happened to bigger clubs than ours.

[/quote]

Come on then Ricky,

You take over as manager and turn Carl Robinson, Andy hughes and Donkey Doherty into players who will fire us into the play offs. Yes, as VOTTA said he has made some mistakes, but how anyone can want him out before he has brought in his players and got rid of the crap is beyond me. We wont have a decent squad till next season, thats if Grant has reasoanble money too spend. So lay off the guy, if we start next season badly then yes we may have too look at him but certainly no earlier.

Its so obvious, any other manager would have turned Doherty into cannavaro, hughes and robinson into lampard and gerrard and turned Peter Thorne into an in prime pele.

[/quote]

and what if Grants successor makes the same impact with the same group of players?

The players are rubbish.. Peter Grant cant turn them into world beaters when they are not good enough can he?

jas :)

I agree that we can''t be lambasting Peter Grant yet. In  my opinion he messed up against Southend by not replacing Robinson sooner so Safri didn''t have the time to impact the game. Worthingtons signings have been truly awful. Hughes should be played as defender, i just don''t want to see him in our midfield. In defence I feel he will get the fans backing. Robinson has played a few good games but for the majority has been shocking, doesn''t have the guts for the fight. A lightweight squad with so much deadwood is a major concern. I will judge MR Grant half way through next season.

But he has to play Safri and make sure Robinson and Hughes do not play in our midfield again as they are both so shocking its untrue.

For all those who are politically correct and don''t like us having a go at our own players, just look at our league position and tell me that those two are fit to grace our midfield. Hughes is defensive cover for both full back postions.

so why bother to sack worthy in the first place if nobody could do better, stupid argument. O''neil has taken villa forward in the short term, as has laws at wednesday, pardew at charlton, who could not win a game, we have not even seen short term improvement we are utter crap. if we got a manager with a bit of experience in the first place instead of a two bobber we would have done better, but all carry on heads in the sand see who is right, blimey some of the doughnuts on here still think we can get in the play offs. Some of the players we are linked with dont encourage me either, maybe i am a div but i expect my team to be winners, weird fellah aint i.

[quote user="ricky knight"]so why bother to sack worthy in the first place if nobody could do better, stupid argument. O''neil has taken villa forward in the short term, as has laws at wednesday, pardew at charlton, who could not win a game, we have not even seen short term improvement we are utter crap. if we got a manager with a bit of experience in the first place instead of a two bobber we would have done better, but all carry on heads in the sand see who is right, blimey some of the doughnuts on here still think we can get in the play offs. Some of the players we are linked with dont encourage me either, maybe i am a div but i expect my team to be winners, weird fellah aint i.[/quote]

I don''t know about weird, but certainly very angry. You need to seek help before you explode. Pardew has played two, drawing one and winning one in the last minute. We beat Birmingham and Cardiff when Grant came in. We beat Ipswich away in Hamilton''s first match and look how that turned out. I don''t think the first few games are the true test of a manager''s ability, particularly of a first time manager.

The jury is still out on PG at the moment, because he hasnt had the chance to bring in his own players. However my fear is that he will get rid of the decent players - Safri, Jarvis, Earnie - and continue to play the rubbish that he''s got - Robinson, Hughes & Thorne! Dublin looks good with Shackell in defence so why not play him there and put Jarvis upfront with Earnie? All this crap about how young he is or how lazy he is, doesnt mean alot when you''ve got the uncommited Thorne on the bench, I know who I''d rather see play.  Hughes has looked slightly better in defence but I wouldnt want to drop either of the full backs for him. PG talks very highly of these players and seems keen to have them in the team, even if it means changing a winning team! Surely he can see that they are not good enough. We need some midfielders that can score goals.

If PG brings in some decent new midfielders and gets rid of the crap we''ve got then I will start to believe he is the man for the job!

yea you are blxxdy right i am angry i have supported city through thick and thin for 40 yrs as i have said before when we were 4th bottom of the old 2nd division, i went home and away, cost me alot of dough and a marriage pal. this lot are a disgrace. the board, manager, players and you new wave, everything is alright pxxxpot fans.

the club is supposed to be the supporters, i remember putting dough in to buy gerry howshall years ago, we were part of the club. Now we are just muppets who turn up every

week like divvies, while this board make us into a laughing stock and appoint a geezer who could not arrange orgy in a brothel.

There is no benefit at all in sacking Grant right now.

Firstly, it would cost approx £1.8m (if he is on the same salary as NW) to terminate his contract which would erase any transfer kitty.

Secondly, if we did sack PG now, it would take the best part of another month before we appointed a new manager (assuming that those asking for PG to go do not want Hunter as manager). That would mean the new manager has no time to bring in new players, which is the ONLY THING EVERYONE IS AGREED we need to do!

If many people had got their way and persuaded Curbishly to become manager, would they be asking for him to be sacked if we had achieved the same results as PG? Curbs is having a difficult time at WHU, especially after yesterdays result.

As I have previouslyu said, we need to build a TEAM. We need players to give 100% in every game. We need players who are hungry for success and are out to prove a point. We do not need "a name" who lives on their reputation and is not prepared to fight.

Constantly shouting that we should sack anyone and everyone helps no one. We all want success for the club, but constant name calling and abuse will not get the success we all crave.

[quote user="Canary02"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]so why bother to sack worthy in the first place if nobody could do better, stupid argument. O''neil has taken villa forward in the short term, as has laws at wednesday, pardew at charlton, who could not win a game, we have not even seen short term improvement we are utter crap. if we got a manager with a bit of experience in the first place instead of a two bobber we would have done better, but all carry on heads in the sand see who is right, blimey some of the doughnuts on here still think we can get in the play offs. Some of the players we are linked with dont encourage me either, maybe i am a div but i expect my team to be winners, weird fellah aint i.[/quote]

I don''t know about weird, but certainly very angry. You need to seek help before you explode. Pardew has played two, drawing one and winning one in the last minute. We beat Birmingham and Cardiff when Grant came in. We beat Ipswich away in Hamilton''s first match and look how that turned out. I don''t think the first few games are the true test of a manager''s ability, particularly of a first time manager.

[/quote]

and pardew would have had 6 pts if not for rank bad officials, also do you not see the difference in charltons players attitude, from when Reed was in charge.thats what i am talking about, yes our squad might be limited, but its the one you all thought would get us in the playoffs in august. motivation is a big part of management, this fellah aint got it, we are a rabble.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

and pardew would have had 6 pts if not for rank bad officials, also do you not see the difference in charltons players attitude, from when Reed was in charge.thats what i am talking about, yes our squad might be limited, but its the one you all thought would get us in the playoffs in august. motivation is a big part of management, this fellah aint got it, we are a rabble.

[/quote]

the fact that last seasons FA cup finalists lost 6-0 to a bunch of free transfers and less than 1 million transfers yesterday isnt Curbishly fault then?

2 of readings 1st team used to play amateur football in Ireland.

but then West Ham should Sack Curbishly for such a terrible Result! shocking defending! having players who dont care in the squad... i hear Les Reeds available!

as for the difference in Players attitudes... so what? Charlton are at the toilet end of the league.. what a differencePardew is making!!!! sack him!

or do all these managers, as indeed Peter Grant, need time Ricky?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

the fact that last seasons FA cup finalists lost 6-0 to a bunch of free transfers and less than 1 million transfers yesterday isnt Curbishly fault then?

2 of readings 1st team used to play amateur football in Ireland.

but then West Ham should Sack Curbishly for such a terrible Result! shocking defending! having players who dont care in the squad... i hear Les Reeds available!

as for the difference in Players attitudes... so what? Charlton are at the toilet end of the league.. what a differencePardew is making!!!! sack him!

or do all these managers, as indeed Peter Grant, need time Ricky?

[/quote]

what are you talking about pal, Grants babbling makes more sense, keep taking the tablets sunshine, although they obviously aint working.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who is "You all"? I don''t remember making any predictions. Or are we all now "Keep the Faith''ers" or "Grant Out Before He''s Had A Chance To Sign Anyone''ers".

yea you are blxxdy right i am angry i have supported city through thick and thin for 40 yrs as i have said before when we were 4th bottom of the old 2nd division, i went home and away, cost me alot of dough and a marriage pal.

[/quote]

Jesus has this turned into the website for The Jeremy Kyle Show since this morning!

i remember putting dough in to buy gerry howshall years ago, we were part of the club.

[/quote]

I remember that too, I was a right youngster at the time and didn''t question anything from the club. But looking back, didn''t you feel a little "ripped off" at what you got for your money??

Aside from the abusive part, I largely agree with what you are saying (ie. you can''t make a silk purse out of a sow''s ear).But

you forget to recognise that Nigel Worthington wasn''t sacked by the

board for signing players like Hughes, Robinson, Thorne, or keeping the

likes of McVeigh. Otherwise Worthington would have been sacked during

last season, or at the end, when the board realised what dross Nigel

had spent their cash on. Worthington was sacked mid-season because the board felt

this current group of players (including Hughes & co) should have been

performing at a higher standard than they were. So

the point I am making is that if the board expected Worthington to be

doing better with this group of players, then Grant can be

judged by the same criteria. So far, Grant has done no better.But

like I said, I personally agree the manager should be judged by the players he

brings in, not just how well he can get the current crop to perform.

But that doesn''t mean I personally won''t judge Grant until then. His

decision to drop Safri was just one occasion among many that have led

fans to question his credibility as a manager.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Aside from the abusive part, I largely agree with what you are saying (ie. you can''t make a silk purse out of a sow''s ear).

But you forget to recognise that Nigel Worthington wasn''t sacked by the board for signing players like Hughes, Robinson, Thorne, or keeping the likes of McVeigh. Otherwise Worthington would have been sacked during last season, or at the end, when the board realised what dross Nigel had spent their cash on. Worthington was sacked mid-season because the board felt this current group of players (including Hughes & co) should have been performing at a higher standard than they were.

So the point I am making is that if the board expected Worthington to be doing better with this group of players, then Grant can be judged by the same criteria. So far, Grant has done no better.

But like I said, I personally agree the manager should be judged by the players he brings in, not just how well he can get the current crop to perform. But that doesn''t mean I personally won''t judge Grant until then. His decision to drop Safri was just one occasion among many that have led fans to question his credibility as a manager.

[/quote]

I agree Pyro, but where are the funds coming from for Grant to replace and rebuild the squad? Who have we in our current squad (apart from the obvious 1 or maybe 2) that would have any other clubs bangin'' on our boardroom door for?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricky knight"]

i remember putting dough in to buy gerry howshall years ago, we were part of the club.

[/quote]

I remember that too, I was a right youngster at the time and didn''t question anything from the club. But looking back, didn''t you feel a little "ripped off" at what you got for your money??

[/quote]

no because thats where were at at the time but now i expect alot more than a gerry howshall equivalent, if you know what i mean.

Ok.......So we judge Grant on the players he brings in...despite the fact that many of us feel he is not up to the job. Fair enough...he''s here now and likely to be so for a long time based on the past performances of this Board. We literally have no choice do we?

So...PG gets the last worthwhile money that this club is likely to stump up for years (due to all manner of prudent measures)....and then we judge him on what happens.

Great....so we''re only going to find that out when we''re broke and in League One.....Fair enough I suppose.......

[quote]yea you are blxxdy right i am angry i have supported city through thick and thin for 40 yrs as i have said before when we were 4th bottom of the old 2nd division, i went home and away, cost me alot of dough and a marriage pal. this lot are a disgrace. the board, manager, players and you new wave, everything is alright pxxxpot fans.

the club is supposed to be the supporters, i remember putting dough in to buy gerry howshall years ago, we were part of the club. Now we are just muppets who turn up every

week like divvies, while this board make us into a laughing stock and appoint a geezer who could not arrange orgy in a brothel.

[/quote]

Er, Ricky, I think you should direct your anger at your ''failed marriage'' more than at our current manager. Quite what that''s got to do with NCFC I don''t know, but you can''t seriously think a football club cost you a marriage?!!

Crikey, PG''s had about 5 minutes in charge, what exactly would you have done differently eh? Apart from the obvious ''drop the midfield'' blah blah blah stuff. Your posts are some of the least reasoned or inventive that i have ever read, get a grip & maybe get some anger management too.........!

Ermm...you seem to contradict yourself. You say "We are utter crap" - Directly implying the players, maybe the board etc aswell.

But then you say "if we got a manager with a bit of experience" instead...blah blah blah..."we would have done better" .

So lety me get this straight. It is all the managers fault that the players are utter crap, despite the fact he wasnt here when they first arrived. Or are you saying that Utter crap should be in the top 6? I dont understand you. As people have mentioned, you dont make much sense.

Ricky!!! once you have achieved your objective.  Whoom do you propose to put in their places, plus, who are they?  Presumably they are rich enough to purchase the shares that should become available, then there is the question of ownwership, and responsibility for the loan, supposing that the bank that the loan has been negotiated with do not approve of the proposed new owners.  Possibly they will wan''t their money back straight away, meaning that to buy the club will cost twice as much to the new owners,  Or do you have a direct line to the previous owners of Leeds UTD

[quote user="Cluck"]

Ok.......So we judge Grant on the players he brings in...despite the fact that many of us feel he is not up to the job. Fair enough...he''s here now and likely to be so for a long time based on the past performances of this Board. We literally have no choice do we?

So...PG gets the last worthwhile money that this club is likely to stump up for years (due to all manner of prudent measures)....and then we judge him on what happens.

Great....so we''re only going to find that out when we''re broke and in League One.....Fair enough I suppose.......

[/quote]

Very fair and valid points Cluck...

The really worrying thing is...  That the majority of these people who say Grant should be given time to build his own squad and the current set of players he has at his disposal are useless are the same people who it took about 2 years to realise that this ame squad of players were useless under Worthy when clearly anybody with the slightest ounce of football knowledge could see that we were utter c**p only two or three games in to last season...

These are the same people that voted Donkerty player of the season (and possibly even more unbelieveable - Flemming player of the season the year we were promoted)...

These are the same people that thought a team with Donkerty, Louis Jean, Jarrett, Andy Hughes & Co as first choice names on the wekly team sheet was going to storm to the Championship...

Sorry...  you have to laugh don''t you???   

[quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Very fair and valid points Cluck...

The really worrying thing is...  That the majority of these people who say Grant should be given time to build his own squad and the current set of players he has at his disposal are useless are the same people who it took about 2 years to realise that this ame squad of players were useless under Worthy when clearly anybody with the slightest ounce of football knowledge could see that we were utter c**p only two or three games in to last season...

These are the same people that voted Donkerty player of the season (and possibly even more unbelieveable - Flemming player of the season the year we were promoted)...

These are the same people that thought a team with Donkerty, Louis Jean, Jarrett, Andy Hughes & Co as first choice names on the wekly team sheet was going to storm to the Championship...

Sorry...  you have to laugh don''t you???   

Cluck, the outcome you allude is but one possibility of the way things could go (and I for one hope you are wrong). Do not get me wrong if the board have backed the wrong man then NCFC broke and playing in League 1 is a real possibility, but it is also possible that PG could turn things around once he has had the opportunity to get rid of the deadwood and bring in players of his own. The "fear" for all of us has to be the fact that only time will tell if the board have called it right......and Cluck if you have called it right I will be the first to apologise to you and to buy you a pint (assuming you drink that is!!)

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

no because thats where were at at the time but now i expect alot more than a gerry howshall equivalent, if you know what i mean.

[/quote]

I sort of get what you mean.

I remember Howshall injured a lot. He was a bit like MLJ or Neil Emblem for injuries in my memory. We paid WBA £25,000 for him which was a lot of money for Norwich in those days. A month earlier we had paid the same club £10,000 for a certain Kenny Foggo!

Let''s hope we only get the Foggo''s in this transfer window! [;)]

You must admit the reported ''targets'' are a little worrying. Doesn''t bode well for ''football'' at Carrow Road. If you want a team of cloggers then fine, It''ll take a bit more flair to get me back.Lets start with set pieces, attacking and defending. Nothing has changed. Shackell continues to leave the Donkey exposed with his headless chicken positioning, the big confrontation with Huckerby has resulted in no change whatsoever, Hughes and Robbo continue to get preference over Safri in a 442 (what is THAT about??). Scottish folk songs for the run out was a bad start too....He''s supposed to have kept a keener interest in the kids than Worthy did (well as a new manager he''s had to) but has soon realised the well is dry there.....Nope, not a promising start.....

Any club with any ambition should not & would not employ an unexperienced manager and give him a 3 year contract!

The board have fooked up,it''s as simple as that!