Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Congratulations!

To the Board, manager and players of Norwich City FC, after 50 years plus of continued active support, this current set up has all but destroyed my faith in the club.

We have a manager who today has said (Pink Un) that he doesn''t intend replacing The Donk, or sign a new central defender, priceless!. One national newspaper described Docherty as ''lumbering''.

That same newspaper has us down as being involved in a relegation ''dogfight'', I kid you not!. The cook has all but vanished, and rumour abounds that Earnie has been sold.

The Tamworth cup game could well be a national televised humiliation for us, and still Peter Nero Grant fiddles while city burns. Tell me this isn''t the worst City side ever to grace Carrow Road.

Its doubtful that I''ll give up supporting City though, its in the blood isn''t it?, but while the current set up is in charge, I certainly WON''T be giving them anymore of my dwindling cash resourses to the club.

My fish and aquariums will now have first call on any of my money thats let over. And I never thought I''d hear myself say that!.

So, congratulations Delia and Co, you''ve managed to do what Chase couldn''t, that is, almost destroy my love of MY club.

That must make you feel so proud, well done!.

Wiz - Your point r.e. Doherty. I wonder whether Doherty is being praised as a way of trying to keep his spirits boosted whilst everyone is blaming him for at least one goal on Saturday. Doherty definitely needs replacing but may not be the top priority for Grant during this window. If he knows that all his money will be spent on midfield and attack, then he may be relying on Doherty until the summer and so he''s boosting his confidence by praising his general form in public, particularly if he''s one of the players that Grant has identified as one of those who needs a pat on the back rather than a kick up the arse. May all be rubbish, but it makes sense to me.

What angers me most of all is that there appears to be absolutely no drive to end the spiral downwards, no urgency, no concern from anybody within the club. The usual platitudes from players and manager, the usual spin from Doncaster and Munby, but no concrete action. This board is now totally discredited. As someone stated elsewhere, if the cooks culinary reputation came under threat from the restaurant, heads would roll and money would be forthcoming. for the football fans, any old crock of sh*t will do. Norwich city is rotting from the head down. The ghastly luvvie-duvvie, middle class, middle aged or older broadly female image it portrays is not condusive to winning attitudes, aggressive drive on the field of play, self respect or pride in the club.  Its more like the WI. Little wonder the players perform without a care for the result. My faith in the club will be instantly restored when someone introduces some balls into the place, and starts knocking some heads together. then maybe, we can all once again savour such delights as winning a local derby - or at least turning up for one.  

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]Will you please stop posting now.[/quote]

I''ll second that motion....

and if we put 8 past Tamworth Wiz will be saying how Grant has got it spot on and is the best manager to Grace the game since bob Paisley.

jas :)

quadrupled, give the guy a chance to get his own team in change things about get some support from the players. look on the brightside, ferguson was suppose to be just a naff scottish manager... though that might be being a little over-optermistic

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

The Tamworth cup game could well be a national televised humiliation for us, and still Peter Nero Grant fiddles while city burns. Tell me this isn''t the worst City side ever to grace Carrow Road.

Its doubtful that I''ll give up supporting City though, its in the blood isn''t it?, but while the current set up is in charge, I certainly WON''T be giving them anymore of my dwindling cash resourses to the club.

[/quote]So its in the blood is it Wizard?Presumably you will be making the trip to Tamworth like myself then?Whats that you say? No?See, you are typical of 90% of the most bile-filled moaners on here - wheras those of us who actually attend games tend to be a bit more philosophical and certainly more realistic.Enjoy your Saturday afternoon moaning in front of the telly with your pipe and slippers. Leave the support to the supporters eh?

No offence Wiz but please shut up! The amount of similar posts to these are unreal, whether it be for attention or you have an undying passion to criticise everything about this club I do not know, but I for one am getting tired of hearing this!

Grant has been stuck with the same deadwood as Worthington had, he is not a miracle maker. Delia and Co have given him a good budget for this month, what more can they do?

Success doesn''t happen overnight, get used to it and get your head out of the 2004/2005 season.

[quote user="Canary02"]Wiz - Your point r.e. Doherty. I wonder whether Doherty is being praised as a way of trying to keep his spirits boosted whilst everyone is blaming him for at least one goal on Saturday. Doherty definitely needs replacing but may not be the top priority for Grant during this window. If he knows that all his money will be spent on midfield and attack, then he may be relying on Doherty until the summer and so he''s boosting his confidence by praising his general form in public, particularly if he''s one of the players that Grant has identified as one of those who needs a pat on the back rather than a kick up the arse. May all be rubbish, but it makes sense to me.[/quote]

Doherty was at fault totally for the second goal, but overall he made fewer mistakes than others. However, it won''t be seen that way on here. Players make mistakes all over the pitch but if you lose the ball in the way Doherty did for the second goal then it''s an avoidable mistake, an unforced error if you like. Grant was right to single that mistake out and he was also right in saying apart from that Doc did ok.

The player who was at fault for the first goal and who has been at fault for countless goals this season is Gallacher. Palace won three headers in the 6 yard box and he was nowhere near any of them. He is not strong enough to challenge. He is a good shot stopper, but so is any other goalkeeper with a pro contract.

Defensive mistakes of the kind we saw yesterday are a real sickener when we dominated most of the game and should have won comfortably!

[quote]My fish and aquariums will now have first call on any of my money thats let over. And I never thought I''d hear myself say that![/quote]http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/modules/newbb/index.phpI look forward to your first post detailing the demise of your various fish, why they''re not as good as they used to be, and that the big ones in the middle don''t seem to be moving as much as they used to or should, and how the balance of the fish has been upset by that lazy one or the one who can''t pass anything - never good in a confined space - before you announce in a flouncy dramatic fashion that you''re giving it all up to watch Norwich again.

[quote user="Herb"]

So its in the blood is it Wizard?
Presumably you will be making the trip to Tamworth like myself then?
Whats that you say? No?

[/quote]

As well you know Herb, for health reasons, I can''t make away games, thats why you tried to use it against me. I expected little else from you! 

And don''t come that ''better supporter than you'' routine either, by your own admission a while back, you admitted I''ve had a season ticket far longer than you have, does that make me better than you?, yes it would seem so, using your criteria it does!.

And to the gang of 4: Like the well known films, its'' Carry On Posting'' from me.

Enjoy!. 

PS. I don''t smoke either.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and if we put 8 past Tamworth Wiz will be saying how Grant has got it spot on and is the best manager to Grace the game since bob Paisley.

jas :)

[/quote]

Lets wait and see shall we jas?. Even if we scored 48, you won''t here that c*ap from me, okay?.

Herb, Dicky and friends: Usual posters, usual one line put downs, Jeez, have you nothing new to add!.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]My fish and aquariums will now have first call on any of my money thats let over. And I never thought I''d hear myself say that![/quote]

http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/modules/newbb/index.php

I look forward to your first post detailing the demise of your various fish, why they''re not as good as they used to be, and that the big ones in the middle don''t seem to be moving as much as they used to or should, and how the balance of the fish has been upset by that lazy one or the one who can''t pass anything - never good in a confined space - before you announce in a flouncy dramatic fashion that you''re giving it all up to watch Norwich again.
[/quote]

BBB:

As its me who''s in charge of MY tanks, I don''t have any problems with Fish, plants etc, I know what I''m doing.....................thats the bloody point!

As well you know Herb, for health reasons, I can''t make away games, thats why you tried to use it against me. I expected little else from you! 

[/quote]You may have mentioned it before, but I''m not the CIA, I don''t have a personal file on you.I like the bold lettering though...makes me feel special [:P]

[quote user="Herb"]

So its in the blood is it Wizard?
Presumably you will be making the trip to Tamworth like myself then?
Whats that you say? No?

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s funny - I''m sure I remember you [Wiz] making cheap gags in respect of Heather Mills'' disability recently?

Meanwhile, I think Herb''s post was more about him making an informed opinion (i.e. not hysterical, inconsistent, childish outbursts) rather than him making cheap mileage out of your medical condition.

Leeds Yellow:

You wrote:

That''s funny - I''m sure I remember you [Wiz] making cheap gags in respect of Heather Mills'' disability recently?

I see the world differently from MY wheelchair mate, a wheelchair I''m stuck in 24/7 through muscular dystrophy, so I feel I can crack jokes about disability from the recieving end if you like.

Next!.

The supporters are half the trouble , its people like Herb , Dicky and Blah Blah who blindly and stupidly backed the Irishman for far to long that have got us in the mess we are now.

[quote user="LeedsYellow"]

See my previous post Wiz.  In particular the bit about hysterical, inconsistent, childish outbursts.

[/quote]

You queried Leeds...........................I answered!

[quote user="ncfc1"]The supporters are half the trouble , its people like Herb , Dicky and Blah Blah who blindly and stupidly backed the Irishman for far to long that have got us in the mess we are now.[/quote]I don''t remember being consulted on Mr Worthingtons'' position by anybody important.  Keep doing your bit for togetherness in the fan-base, won''t you ? [:|]

[quote user="LeedsYellow"]

See my previous post Wiz.  In particular the bit about hysterical, inconsistent, childish outbursts.

[/quote]

Leeds Yellow: I forgot to add that its my informed opinion that we are................................c*ap!. And thats based on recent

performances and results. 

Or did they just not happen in your world?.

Oh dear....has the little "bully boy" pack decided that they can no longer legitimately defend this crap squad....so they decide to start packing on a fellow poster?.....again.......

Get a life squeakies....Wiz was a "regular supporter" before most of you could wipe your own backsides (or before even you had a backside to wipe).....but I guess just like "sex" with this generation.........you''ve discovered it all first......You then are the first "TRUE" supporters....and we''ve just been keeping it warm for you?

Very predictable.......Very cowardly.........Infact much like our team right now............

Wiz - my earlier post was in response and amazement to the ludicrous post when you said the following:

"As well you know Herb, for health reasons, I can''t make away games, thats why you tried to use it against me. I expected little else from you!"

Of course I''m also disappointed with recent results and performances - however; as I do not get to as many games as I would like (living in Leeds and working in London), I enjoy reading this message board and taking interest in comments made by fans who either a) regularly go to games and/or b) seem to hold reasonably far, balanced and consistent views on the performances of the team and our manager.

With respect, your posts do not usually meet with the afore mentioned criteria.

Whilst I usually ignore your posts, I found the comment above so ridiculous and purile that I felt I must respond.  I already regret having done so and shall resolve not to get drawn-in any further with your childish and trivial debate.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]Will you please stop posting now.[/quote]another grown up post. try answering some of the points made by wiz. personally he makes a good case.SACK GRANT NOW

ncfc1 wrote:

The supporters are half the trouble , its people like Herb , Dicky and Blah Blah who blindly and stupidly backed the Irishman for far to long that have got us in the mess we are now.

And supporters like ronbol, 1st wiz and Ricky N who want PG sacked are the other half of the problem!!!

Suddenly the reasoning behind the Wizards bitterness toward the Norwich/ Pink'' Un/ the world is abundantly clear.  Surprised you went for the sympathy vote though.And before you reply............ WE all give you the same one line replies because ALL of YOUR threads say the same overworded cr*p over and over and over again.  You really need to find new ways to blaspheme this clubI think you have by now given your opinion on every NCFC scenario so maybe you leaving the club for pastures new is a good idea.And just to clarify, it isn''t YOUR Club, although that single statement has summed how you will be remembered here...... delusions of granduer indeed