Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Quit the 'sack grant' rubbish!

Please, its so annoying for every damn soul on this forum (or atleast the majority).

People saying he''s a waster, he doesnt know what he''s doing. Thats never mentioned when we''re playing well or winning...

None of us particularly know what he''s like. I know this is also brought up time and time again, but look at the midfield and defence. Sorry, but he has an inconsistent Safri, lazy etuhu, and a ''permently inconsistent'' robinson.

Despite how many want him sacked, the board would not be willing to pay out the contract at this point anyway. Generally, its a waste of time pointing it out, because it doesnt really have any impact rather than the encouragement to start a topic such as this one.

I can understand everyones frustrations, but when its repeated time and time again, poorly, it bugs me, and im sure others.

when have we PLAYED WELL AND WON under Grant, a few very lucky 1-0 dodgy results. Oh well we played really well yesterday, according to some on here, oh yea and lost 3-1, that should keep him in the job for another year.

What do you suggest we do then Ricky? Blow our money on sacking Grant although he''s inherited a depleated squad and hasn''t had a chance to make it his own? I often wish people like you would p*** off and support Chelsea or Man Utd. You all bleat like a load of sheep to get rid of Worthy, it happens, and now you want rid of the replacement after less than three months in the job. Actually give him a chance to sort the squad out and get rid of the deadwood himself before you jump on his back.

[quote user="Safri15"]What do you suggest we do then Ricky? Blow our money on sacking Grant although he''s inherited a depleated squad and hasn''t had a chance to make it his own? I often wish people like you would p*** off and support Chelsea or Man Utd. You all bleat like a load of sheep to get rid of Worthy, it happens, and now you want rid of the replacement after less than three months in the job. Actually give him a chance to sort the squad out and get rid of the deadwood himself before you jump on his back.
[/quote]

Just like the real Safri - when he turns up he makes a difference Wink [;)].

I share your sentiments. I don''t care where we finish this season as long as we don''t get relegated. The main point is to stop the rot and make progress ready for next season. If Grant can fare well in January, pick players he wants to have here between Feb and May and not who he got left with, then he can shape us however he wants for 07-08. If he fails then, that''s the time to start barracking. Until then though, he needs a chance.

consistently rubbish more like it....the word useless has alot going for it aswell

[quote user="Safri15"]What do you suggest we do then Ricky? Blow our money on sacking Grant although he''s inherited a depleated squad and hasn''t had a chance to make it his own? I often wish people like you would p*** off and support Chelsea or Man Utd. You all bleat like a load of sheep to get rid of Worthy, it happens, and now you want rid of the replacement after less than three months in the job. Actually give him a chance to sort the squad out and get rid of the deadwood himself before you jump on his back.
[/quote]

been there done it mate, supported spurs till i moved to norwich 40 years ago, and have been a city fan since, my guess, you are a new young supporter otherwise you would remember even in bad times we were all on the same hymn sheet.

sacking would be a better and cheaper option than div 1, have you seen some of the muppets this man admires, celtic reserves, bournemouth, motherwell, god help us.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

been there done it mate, supported spurs till i moved to norwich 40 years ago, and have been a city fan since, my guess, you are a new young supporter otherwise you would remember even in bad times we were all on the same hymn sheet.

sacking would be a better and cheaper option than div 1, have you seen some of the muppets this man admires, celtic reserves, bournemouth, motherwell, god help us.

[/quote]

Or perhaps in "the good old days" a forum like this wasn''t available so you assumed that everyone thought the same way you did then. Now differing viewpoints are put forward and everyone who doesn''t share yours has to be wrong, don''t they?

And before you start I''ve been a season ticket holder for over 20 years.

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or perhaps in "the good old days" a forum like this wasn''t available so you assumed that everyone thought the same way you did then. Now differing viewpoints are put forward and everyone who doesn''t share yours has to be wrong, don''t they?

And before you start I''ve been a season ticket holder for over 20 years.

[/quote]

no mate when we were in the barclay in the good old days, everyone knew everyone, we did not need forums, or spin doctors, feeding us crap, we lived and breathed ncfc and new when we were being tucked up, ncfc was a way of life not hour and a half on a saturday with had pies and bovril not prawn sarnies, we even had our own team in the sunday league mate. i make my points you argue, same as i do pal, its called a forum, for debate, know what i mean and i believe Grant and the current board are muppets. you disagree, i have said time will tell who is right.

what a load of rubbish. Peter Grant is clueless and those that have attended matches this season would see this. the man has no idea and the "it''s not his squad" is total waffle .The man new exactly what squad he had to work with when he signed a nice juicy contract. If he can''t motivate the players he has then he has to go.SACK GRANT NOW

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]how can you be permanently inconsistent ?[/quote]

You cant. It was a poor idea of mines for it to mean he was a load of crap and still is in a subtle way.

Ah well i tried.

Ricky - you are more of a muppet that I thought - how can you support one team one minute, then move here and change teams?! Even if it was to support NCFC, it shows how loyal you were. not. And yes, I''ve been a season ticket holder for over 20 years, blah blah, entitled to my opinion too blah blah, but statements like you made here re: Spurs just make me want to scream.

Are you Ipswich in disguise...........?

[quote user="kwrtw2006"]

Ricky - you are more of a muppet that I thought - how can you support one team one minute, then move here and change teams?! Even if it was to support NCFC, it shows how loyal you were. not. And yes, I''ve been a season ticket holder for over 20 years, blah blah, entitled to my opinion too blah blah, but statements like you made here re: Spurs just make me want to scream.

Are you Ipswich in disguise...........?

[/quote]

you are richard head mate, i was born in norwich left as a babe in arms and came back, i had to put up with spurs, but thats besides the point, support the team where you live, i live in norwich and have supported city twice as long as you doughnut, ipswich in disguise mate, you dont know jack, i have done more games and miles with city, than you have thought of. bet you sit in the main stand, odds on.

[/quote]

Would you agree that Grant was a mupet if he got rid of you in the transfer window Safri???

That is of course assuming that anybody out there would be willing to pay much more than a fiver for you!!!

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Safri15"]What do you suggest we do then Ricky? Blow our money on sacking Grant although he''s inherited a depleated squad and hasn''t had a chance to make it his own? I often wish people like you would p*** off and support Chelsea or Man Utd. You all bleat like a load of sheep to get rid of Worthy, it happens, and now you want rid of the replacement after less than three months in the job. Actually give him a chance to sort the squad out and get rid of the deadwood himself before you jump on his back. [/quote]

[/quote]Your Guess would be wrong, I''m 20 and have had a season ticket since I was 7. I can remember Megson, Rioch, Hamilton etc.. etc.. and the crap 12000 fans had to endure every single week. However, I can''t see him doing much worse than some of the muppets Worthington admired and brought in. Anyhow, how can you possibly judge a player before we''ve even signed him and he''s played for us? Guessing you watch Celtic reserves regularly eh? Besides, who says he''s even trying to sign these players? As my earlier post stated, give the man a chance to sign some players and see what happens. In all honesty, you haven''t got much choice anyhow.

[quote user="Safri15"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your Guess would be wrong, I''m 20 and have had a season ticket since I was 7. I can remember Megson, Rioch, Hamilton etc.. etc.. and the crap 12000 fans had to endure every single week. However, I can''t see him doing much worse than some of the muppets Worthington admired and brought in. Anyhow, how can you possibly judge a player before we''ve even signed him and he''s played for us? Guessing you watch Celtic reserves regularly eh?

Besides, who says he''s even trying to sign these players? As my earlier post stated, give the man a chance to sign some players and see what happens. In all honesty, you haven''t got much choice anyhow.
[/quote]

so i was right you are a youngster, i was not a worthington lover, but a play-off final we should have won, and promotion to premier has been forgotten, just like the labour party still blame the tories for everything.

As for Celtic i have always had a soft spot for being of irish decent and my work taking me up scotland alot and pals being Celtic mad, i get all the goss and info, right or wrong

my pals tell me the two players mentioned should be avoided, anyway my point is ambition, should we not be looking at the eastwoods of this world, Derby are, funny how there finances have perked up, we are looking at jock reserves and 200 grand players.

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]i wish you fickle fans would just not turn up to games, you''re part of the problem[/quote]I wish fans would turn up with ambition instead of putting up with the rubbish that is on display at carrow road these days. still you can''t have everything in life!

Well, personally ricky, i dont care what your pals have to say. They seem to be okay and would definately be an asset imo.

[quote user="hogesar"]Well, personally ricky, i dont care what your pals have to say. They seem to be okay and would definately be an asset imo.[/quote]

seen them in action have you, if you have i will bow to your experience. i still feel we should be aiming higher but there you go.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Safri15"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Safri15"]What do you suggest we do then Ricky? Blow our money on sacking Grant although he''s inherited a depleated squad and hasn''t had a chance to make it his own? I often wish people like you would p*** off and support Chelsea or Man Utd. You all bleat like a load of sheep to get rid of Worthy, it happens, and now you want rid of the replacement after less than three months in the job. Actually give him a chance to sort the squad out and get rid of the deadwood himself before you jump on his back. [/quote]

[/quote]Your Guess would be wrong, I''m 20 and have had a season ticket since I was 7. I can remember Megson, Rioch, Hamilton etc.. etc.. and the crap 12000 fans had to endure every single week. However, I can''t see him doing much worse than some of the muppets Worthington admired and brought in. Anyhow, how can you possibly judge a player before we''ve even signed him and he''s played for us? Guessing you watch Celtic reserves regularly eh? Besides, who says he''s even trying to sign these players? As my earlier post stated, give the man a chance to sign some players and see what happens. In all honesty, you haven''t got much choice anyhow. [/quote]

so i was right you are a youngster, i was not a worthington lover, but a play-off final we should have won, and promotion to premier has been forgotten, just like the labour party still blame the tories for everything.

As for Celtic i have always had a soft spot for being of irish decent and my work taking me up scotland alot and pals being Celtic mad, i get all the goss and info, right or wrong

my pals tell me the two players mentioned should be avoided, anyway my point is ambition, should we not be looking at the eastwoods of this world, Derby are, funny how there finances have perked up, we are looking at jock reserves and 200 grand players.

[/quote]

Er, you were right? You guessed I was a "new young supporter" - a season ticket holder for 13 years is hardly new is it?Anyway, I see your point about ambition, but this club has never shown any ambition, and while Delia and Doomcaster in charge, I can''t see it changing. The only way this club will ever be able to show some ambition is if we''re taken over by someone with very, very deep pockets.

[quote user="Safri15"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Safri15"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your Guess would be wrong, I''m 20 and have had a season ticket since I was 7. I can remember Megson, Rioch, Hamilton etc.. etc.. and the crap 12000 fans had to endure every single week. However, I can''t see him doing much worse than some of the muppets Worthington admired and brought in. Anyhow, how can you possibly judge a player before we''ve even signed him and he''s played for us? Guessing you watch Celtic reserves regularly eh?

Besides, who says he''s even trying to sign these players? As my earlier post stated, give the man a chance to sign some players and see what happens. In all honesty, you haven''t got much choice anyhow.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Er, you were right? You guessed I was a "new young supporter" - a season ticket holder for 13 years is hardly new is it?

Anyway, I see your point about ambition, but this club has never shown any ambition, and while Delia and Doomcaster in charge, I can''t see it changing. The only way this club will ever be able to show some ambition is if we''re taken over by someone with very, very deep pockets.

[/quote]

So basically we agree, to a man of my age and years watching city you are a young supporter even in season ticket holding years.

you agree about the boards ambition, thats my point, Grant might be a lovely fellah but he is again this boards level of ambition and has done nothing to make me see why he was signed on such a long contract, surely if he is so hot and worthy a simle improvement would not be too much to ask for.