Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

I believe Grant has no serious money to spend..

But unfortunately many of you on here judging from the contents of your posts have swallowed the latest "spin" from Carrow Road.

What makes me beleive that the board are firing off yet more spin for the gullible Norwich City supporters to swallow?

Well there are a number of things.

1. Grant came out in the press and media on the eve of the transfer window announcing that he was very happy with the amount of money he has been given by the board to spend this transfer window.

Now if you are in the market for a car would you go walking into a second hand car lot shouting off that you have got plenty of money to spend?

2. We are £19 million in debt so why on earth would our board give Grant the £2million pounds that many of you on here seem to think he has? Players won''t be leaving that is for sure. Many fans seem to beleive that we will have a clear out and pay off players like Thorne and McVeigh. Dream on!

3. Hux and Neil Adams have both stated that they don''t think January will be the saviour that many fans are hoping for. They both know that money is tight. What does Adams know? i hear you cry. Well he knows more than you and me because he is involved with the club and he will no doubt here things just as he always predicted that Ashton would be leaving last January.

I may be very cynical but i wouldn''t even be surprised if the board have told Grant to be public about the players he is "interested in", as they know that Worthington got a lot of stick about his apparent lack of action on the transfer front.

Grant statement of pleasure regarding the funds he has been given the board are probably just more spin that Grant has been stipulated to come out with to keep the fans happy.

Riordan has conveniently got a place back in the Celtic team so the board and Grant have got an excuse for that  one not coming off but it will be interesting to see what excuses they reel off for failing to bring in other players.

Of course i may be tottally wrong and i will hold my hands up and admit it if we make 3 or 4 more quality signings this transfer window, but i have a feeling i may be right.

THE FOLLOWING FEW WEEKS WILL  REVEAL THE TRUTH ONCE AND FOR ALL.

its a possibility, he cant exactly turn around and say hes unhappy with the amount available. but as you said time will tell

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

But unfortunately many of you on here judging from the contents of your posts have swallowed the latest "spin" from Carrow Road.

What makes me beleive that the board are firing off yet more spin for the gullible Norwich City supporters to swallow?

THE FOLLOWING FEW WEEKS WILL  REVEAL THE TRUTH ONCE AND FOR ALL.

[/quote]

I said the same Duke a few short weeks ago, so I have to agree with you, I''m just waiting for the ''We go with what we''ve got'' routine!.

[quote]1. Grant came out in the press and media on the eve of the transfer window

announcing that he was very happy with the amount of money he has been

given by the board to spend this transfer window.[/quote]I think that this quote has more to do with Earnshaw than anything else.  The chances are that lower placed Premiership teams have made discreet enquiries about Earnshaw along the lines of "You''re broke and 17th in the championship, sell him to us and you''ll be able to balance your squad".  By saying that he has enough money to be going on with, Grant discourages teams from thinking that they''ll get Earnshaw cheaply, and probably adds to Earnshaws'' value in the process.[quote]2. We are £19 million in debt so why on earth would our board give

Grant the £2million pounds that many of you on here seem to think he

has? Players won''t be leaving that is for sure. Many fans seem to

beleive that we will have a clear out and pay off players like Thorne

and McVeigh. Dream on![/quote]If I have a loan worth 19,000 pounds and a yearly wage of 30,000 pounds, does that mean that I can''t spend 2,000 pounds on something ?  Of course not, people do it all the time, albeit probably not to those numbers.  It''s a big debt, but it''s paid off at regular intervals.  I''m not saying that Grant has 2 million to spend, but he doesn''t have to have it now anyway - as we know that transfer fees usually are paid off in instalments, much like the instalments that are yet to come from West Ham for Dean Ashton, and probably for Robert Green and Leon McKenzie too.[quote]3. Hux and Neil Adams have both stated that they don''t think January

will be the saviour that many fans are hoping for. They both know that

money is tight. What does Adams know? i hear you cry. Well he knows

more than you and me because he is involved with the club and he will

no doubt here things just as he always predicted that Ashton would be

leaving last January.[/quote]You would be bonkers to "talk up" any signings right now in our position.  We''re in a period of neccesary change, the play-offs are unlikely unless we put a run together.  So why create false hope and make the managers'' job more difficult ?

I''m waiting (and hoping) to be proved wrong by this Board.

If after January we have little other than an "extended" bunch of donkeys....we''ve had it as a club for many years to come. How worrying it is that so many are now viewing mid-table Division Two as an achievement.

Well done Delia and Co......