Sign in to follow this  
ca

Unnecessary New Threads

In the past 2 days no less than 8 new threads have been started re Watford tickets couldnt these have all gone on one?
............................and before you say it I know this makes 9 but somebody had to make the point!

A fair point cityangel. I was going to make a similar point after Cooper signed. Also after every game there are half a dozens threads with people''s general opinion of the game. Maybe a pinned post could change these numerous threads on a similar theme? That way posters could give their opinion on how a particular player perfomed, formation etc etc with less clogging up of the board. Only an idea.

Think my post for here has been lost. Here it is again! Good call cityangel. Was going to make a similar point after Cooper signed. Loadsa posts! I always notice it too straight after games. Perhaps a solution could be to have one pinned post for everybody to debate how players played, formations etc etc? That way we won''t have multipal threads saying the same thing. Just an idea.

Top idea cityangel - it is a point that has been many times before. I can understand the Cooper one to some degree - people heard the news and lots of posts arrived within a few minutes - however todays Watford deluge has had posts started throughout the day.

I think the challenge for the Mods is trying to guess which will be a hot topic to pin it. Even then having said that every other post today mentions Watford yet STILL more posts arrive.

I like the pinned post idea for post-game discussions tho - it could remain there for a couple of days to prevent losing some interesting discussions onto page 2.

Well done DD - you win my vote for best suggestion of the week.

And please - no more about Watford... its too dull

it frustrates the hell out of me.

Mods - some bulletin board software has the ability to merge posts. Does this one

ps - and if u think this is bad for new topics take a look at the BBC 606 site. it''s terrible and all that is bad about a message board.