Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Message to Grant !

When your in Tamworth , keep your eye  on their team ...... they`ll likely have one or two  hotshots waiting   to blossom  !    sign `em up ....    you just might end up with players  who actually WANT to give 100 %

By the way  ,  you could always offer an exchange deal  .... Doc , MLJ , McVeigh  .............[;)]

a good point Sheded!

just look back at the Last 15 years

Les Ferdinand, Ian Wright, Kevin Doyle, Kevin Phillips, Glen Little, that other Reading Striker (forget his name,.. Red Haired Fella), Efan Ekoku.... these are just a few who have gone on to do reasonably well in their career... what do they have in Common??? they all came from Amateur football... the reading guy (Kitson! thats it) came from Pub Football!

we should be scouring the non league for gems... Cheap, willing to play, and if we could unearth the next Les Ferdinand or Ian Wright we''d be laughing

jas :)

If as a club we are looking to consolidate our place in Division Two rather than push for promotion....the lower leagues and non-league are great breeding grounds for talent. Get them in before they blossom...sell off the "nearly good enoughs" and build a team around the quality finds from scratch. I wager very few supporters would be so impatient if they saw a game plan like this going on.

I honestly don''t think Grant is the man for this method though......and we will see "old heads" coming in rather than promising greenhorns. 

[quote user="Polar1990"]sound like a good idea, unless we lose :S[/quote]

If we lose , it could well be because they`ve  got some good `uns !   

I hope no Tamworth players  check in here ,  they play out their skins ,  and its all my fault  [:''(]

I actually think he might be looking at them for transfer! The young players there will know thier quality, know its the transfer window and a championship side are playing them! They''ll be playing at nothing less than their best, i reckon.