Sign in to follow this  
jelltex

city fans

Even I have wondered over the last few weeks if it was all going pear shaped. But, to listen to some of the so called fans coming out of Selhurst park, and believe it or not, on Saturday, anyone would think we were certainties for relegation, not clear at the top. I thought it was a magnificent performance Saturday, in charge right from the start, and playing football like we know we can. And then, sitting on the train to Lowestoft, there’s this middle-aged guy, sitting as though he’s lost a fortune. Great game, says I. It was ok, but we’ll never get far playing like that. What, says I. And he goes on droning on how were poor, only scored once, etc. What do these people want? Why do they even bother coming to games, to moan? I know, I sit in the River End, not out of choice, but we always play better when I sit there, the fact that I swapped seats up there when Worthy arrived proves my point. But it’s so frustrating to hear three sides of the ground shouting their hearts out, only for the dead bodies in the morgue around us, muttering about the noise. And these are among the thousands who have renewed their season tickets, what for, a better class moan ahead if we are promoted? At least at away games it’s great to be surrounded by like-minded people shouting their heads off. And to the doomsayers who made the trip to Palace the other week, moaning as they made their way top the coaches after the full time whistle, are you going Saturday? I hope not. These are really brilliant times to be a Canary supporter, best for a decade, can you at least be pleased about that? I know most of you who read this are on the crest of a wave like me, so these comments are not aimed at you. But I am sure we all know someone who is only happy when they have something to complain about.

couldnt agree with you more jelltex. i dont like slagging off fellow supporters especially ones that have been going for years. but the moaning really makes me angry sometimes. as you say they should be getting behind the team.

i too sit in the river end (it''s a long story) and behind me are four or five old lags who just moan the whole time about everything. whenever they do, i make sure i shout out something encouraging if i can.

but i think it''s in bred in them to miserable. they enjoy moaning. imagine what it will be like next season. it''s going to be even worse.

what''s worse for people, new supporters who want to get into the game and encourage their team or long term season ticket holders who just come to moan for 90 minutes? personally i think i would have the "part timers" sometimes.

is it just in the river end we get the moaners?

Nope - in answer to your last question, mistersparkle. We have more than our fair share of them in the City Stand. I will even admit to knowing one of them, but, before the Stoke game I had a quiet word - in a jokey way - and suggested that this person try to imagine my hands around their neck while I was shaking them every time a negative thought entered their mind and headed for their mouth. It worked! At half-time the person concerned said they had smiled every time they were about to moan, and then gave it up as a lost cause! Instead, this person admitted to joining in some of the singing and said it was quite an experience!!! Guess we must just keep working on these people for the overall good of the team...and our sanity!