Sign in to follow this  
mrtfc

Good evening from Tamworth

Hello all.

Wishing you a safe journey on Saturday , and i hope you all enjoy the day regardless of the result.

The parking issue further down the threads is a big one. For those of you who travel , parking is going to be hell. The car park is , i believe taken up by the bbc and your coaches. The snowdome might be difficult - lately they have had stewards on the entrance to the car park lately - so if you are asked you are going to go snowboarding ok?  ;-)

Other than that , the cinema , ankerside car park , theres parking at a garage opposite the cinema and a pay car park at Strykers bowling - be careful though - Strykers will probably have security though the car park next to it IS a council one. Do NOT park in Kettlebrook - i''d hazard a guess the parking wardens will be out in force there. I live there so if you ask nicely you can have my drive  ;-)

Enjoy the game , and i hope you are warmly welcomed. The hospitality will be second to none.

Take care everyone. May the best team in red win..............

wish i could get there [:(] best of luck to tamworth but the way our season is going you wont need much of it

Thanks for the parking tips and your sentiments that we all have a good day out, mrtfc. I''ll be travelling by car, nice and early, in the hope of getting parked and getting a couple of pints down me to steady the nerves.

Don''t want to build your hopes up too much. I think we''ll win -- just -- but, at the moment it is advisable that a little anaesthetic of the sort available in public houses is administered before watching NCFC perform....... 

thanks for that, I was going to use the snowdome, might need to stick to ski stuff in the car to make it look plausible!

There is a small disused rover Garage about 2 minutes from the Ground which is going to be opened up for fans on a pay to park basis.Good luck getting down here and finding parking.Do us a favour, just bring the janitor and his cat to play us [:D]Otherwise good luck and may the home team win

can I ask, is there anything worth seeing in Tamworth? I might get there mid morning and wondered if there are any sights I can see once I found a good parking spot. If not i''ll try to find somewhere for a full English to fill me up until I get to try the Tamworth pies, makes me sound like a right unhealthy so and so.

Depends what you are into. It''s apparently a good town to visit - though living here you don''t really use that much of the touristy things. Theres a castle , the snowdomes opposite , bowling , cinema , nice little town centre for shopping [even if every other shop sells phones or cards], theres good pubs for real ale , kingsbury water park is nearby , the belfry and lea marston should you like golf , even a walk around the castle grounds can be nice enough. Drayton manor park is probably closed though.

Right opposite the ground - next to the snowdome is borrowpit nature reserve , its not very big - a big lake really , but it''ll be a half hour walk if thats what you are into.

Don''t know what pubs will be like - i''d guess they''ll operate a no away fans policy , well the main ones anyway. I''m sure that a fair few in town will let you in , except spoons , tayes , b79 and the like.

I E Mailed the SnowDome to ask about parking, got the following back -

"The carpark at our venue is actually owned by a different company so we

can''t really say yes or know, and as it our busy period then there will

be limited parking spaces so I couldn''t guarantee there would be spaces.

However if you can find a space I don''t see any objections.

Kind regards

Tamworth Snowdome "

So at least they replied and seem friendly enough but looks like no special parking arrangements - you pays your money and takes your choice.