Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

'Kids worth buttons'

Grant on Pardew and West Ham in The Sun.

"When he took over the place was a shambles. He changed everything. He brought in kids worth buttons - suddenly they were worth 6m pounds".

One trusts that Grant has learnt well and we shall start to see our kids coming in during this transfer window.

One also hopes that we get sufficient use out of the new family silverware before the board cashes in.

OTBC

A valuable point, and one which has sadly been ignored while people flame each other in other threads and respond to over the top criticisms.What Pardew did at West Ham was what we used to do in the 80s.  What happened to the steady stream of youngsters who found their place in the team, and in the case of a few, on to bigger and better things ?  My guess is money.  Even a reserve can get a decent wage for their age, and don''t have the hunger to improve as a result.

I have piles of spare buttons at home, perhaps we should start a collection! we could get some really good players then! :-)

my babay Daughter likes Cadburys buttons.. i wont be popular if i take them away from her for footballing reasons though!

jas :)

But our kids aren''t worth Jack...... the best prospect we''ve had for years was 5''4 and was released for being gobby.......The only people who carp on about ''give the kids a chance'' are the ones who haven''t seen them...... er...... perform.....

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"]But our kids aren''t worth Jack...... the best prospect we''ve had for years was 5''4 and was released for being gobby.......

The only people who carp on about ''give the kids a chance'' are the ones who haven''t seen them...... er...... perform.....
[/quote]

Try reading the original post again.

He said he BROUGHT KIDS IN WORTH BUTTONS.

Nothing to do with the kids we''ve already got here.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"]Ok I read it again

My point stands
[/quote]

No it doesn''t.

He brought kids in worth buttons implies that he brought kids into the club who were not already there as part of their academy.

So it''s a completely different situation to our kids, who I agree with you haven''t exactly proved to be up to much in recent years.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One trusts that Grant has learnt well and we shall start to see our kids coming in during this transfer window.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apologies, I must have drunk more than I thought over Xmas and New Year which has had some effect on my reading ability!

I''ll try and follow my own advice in future.

You are misreading that though - BBB was indicating that he hopes that Grant starts to bring new ''kids worth buttons'' in during this window, thus making them ours, as opposed to Wet Sham''s............not the kids we already have here......confused?

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]You are misreading that though - BBB was indicating that he hopes that Grant starts to bring new ''kids worth buttons'' in during this window, thus making them ours, as opposed to Wet Sham''s............not the kids we already have here......confused?[/quote]

So does that mean I was right?

Perhaps we should just agree that if PG intends to scour the lower leagues looking for kids "worth buttons" who will eventually go on to be world beaters that''s a good thing. If our strategy is to play Ryan Jarvis until Real Madrid come to their senses and offer us £30 million for him, that''s not so good!

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]You are misreading that though - BBB was indicating that he hopes that Grant starts to bring new ''kids worth buttons'' in during this window, thus making them ours, as opposed to Wet Sham''s............not the kids we already have here......confused?[/quote]

You''re right, Temp.

OTBC