Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Consider this O Faithful Ones!.

We are, as of today, 9 points of the playoffs, many of you believe, or hope, City can close that gap.

We are also, I must point out, only 8 points off the relegation spots. So ergo: If you accept we can make the playoffs, why won''t you accept that we can get relegated just as easily?.

Sell Earnshaw and I''ll guarentee it!.

I''d love to know your thinking on this worrying thought.

My thinking is we won''t go down, nor we will go up this season. Next...

I also remember all the gloom and doom when we sold Ashton - even though we doubled our money on a player in a year and replaced him with the division''s top goalscorer - so if the club do sell Earnie for a handsome profit it wouldn''t be the end of the world.

I do accept it! I just don''t see that it is sufficient justification to be rabidly negative about every aspect of the club and demand that everyone concerned is immediately sacked - which I believe, by the way, would make your worst case scenario far more likely. That is my thinking on this worrying thought.  

macdougall''s perm wrote :  just don''t see that it is sufficient justification to be rabidly negative about every aspect of the club and demand that everyone concerned is immediately sacked

I couldnt agree more

I also accept it as equally likely. And have never suggested otherwise.Again, it is not justifiable to bad mouth every aspect of the club as a result.

I think your conception of those that reply to you positively about the club is misguided. Is is usually an attempt to counter the extreem volume of negativity you splutter.

wiz im very worried about being so close to the drop and also selling earnie.we are 19 million in debt if we drop down we will get more in debt and  we may get 2 or 3 more players in but this doesnt guarentee staying up.

and who to say that others wont leave this will make squad even smaller.

Just watch the fools turn like they did on Worthy when we get humiliated by the mighty lambs on Saturday Wiz...

I really feel sorry for those without a brain that the club continues to manipulate with their PR spin spells...

Have no fear though even the most deluded of these gulliclones are starting to wake up to the FACT that this club is going nowhere under Delia & Co and I am sure that it is just a matter of time before her little fortress that she has built to keep the doubters (as she calls us) out will crumble...

Delia, you have used every excuse in the book and come Saturday and the end of the transfer window there will be nowhere for you to hide...

Even the most gullible of City''s fans will soon be baying for your head!!!

Nobody''s said that we CAN''T get relegated, people just don''t think that we will.

I''d love to know your thinking on this simple concept.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

We are, as of today, 9 points of the playoffs, many of you believe, or hope, City can close that gap.

We are also, I must point out, only 8 points off the relegation spots. So ergo: If you accept we can make the playoffs, why won''t you accept that we can get relegated just as easily?.

[/quote]

I agree and accept it. If we go on another terrible run then who knows. How many points do people think we need?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Just watch the fools turn like they did on Worthy when we get humiliated by the mighty lambs on Saturday Wiz...

I really feel sorry for those without a brain that the club continues to manipulate with their PR spin spells...

Have no fear though even the most deluded of these gulliclones are starting to wake up to the FACT that this club is going nowhere under Delia & Co and I am sure that it is just a matter of time before her little fortress that she has built to keep the doubters (as she calls us) out will crumble...

Delia, you have used every excuse in the book and come Saturday and the end of the transfer window there will be nowhere for you to hide...

[/quote]Is it really neccesary to insult other city fans to make your point? you could have said everything you did without refering to your fellow fans as ''fools'', ''those without a brain'' & ''guillable'' People are entitled to their opinions and just because they differ from yours does not give you the right to insult them Have you ever entertained the possibility you could be the one without a brain?

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I agree and accept it. If we go on another terrible run then who knows. How many points do people think we need?

[/quote]I stuck this in the AGM thread, but as you''ve asked...We have 34 points from 27 games.The list below shows the points totals for the 6th placed and 22nd placed teams for the last 5 years.05/06 - Crewe 42 - Palace 7504/05 - Gillingham 50 - West Ham 7303/04 - Walsall 51 - Palace 7302/03 - Sheff Wed 46 - Forest 7401/02 - Crewe 49 - Norwich 756th place averages out at 74 points.22nd place averages out at 48 points. (47.6 rounded up)So

to avoid relegation we probably need 16 points from 19 matches.  To get

into the play-offs we probably need 40 points from 19 matches - which

is championship winning form.  So the play-offs are unlikely, but not

as unlikely as relegation.

If we were to go down with the present squad as it is....it would be a nightmare. If we were to go down having spent the last of our limited "transfer kitty" on yet more donkeys...it would be a total disaster for NCFC for many years to come.

I''m holding back in the belief that DS and Co wouldn''t dare short-change us again...and that PG will now have had time to line up some decent talent. If neither is the case however.... little short of a supporter rebelion will change things.

Either way.....I''m prepared.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Is it really neccesary to insult other city fans to make your point? you could have said everything you did without refering to your fellow fans as ''fools'', ''those without a brain'' & ''guillable''

People are entitled to their opinions and just because they differ from yours does not give you the right to insult them

Have you ever entertained the possibility you could be the one without a brain?
[/quote]

Yes and it is their opinions that have dragged this club to where it stands now over the past couple of years...

and yet still people question whether they should call for changes to be made at boardroom level...

All I can say is we will see who is right and who is wrong...

The clock is ticking on the boards (and the fans who have backed them) last chance to save face...

No signings of note in the transfer window, a crushing defeat at Tamworth on Saturday the sale of Earnie and a relegation fight to look forward to!!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I stuck this in the AGM thread, but as you''ve asked...

We have 34 points from 27 games.

The list below shows the points totals for the 6th placed and 22nd placed teams for the last 5 years.

05/06 - Crewe 42 - Palace 75
04/05 - Gillingham 50 - West Ham 73
03/04 - Walsall 51 - Palace 73
02/03 - Sheff Wed 46 - Forest 74
01/02 - Crewe 49 - Norwich 75

6th place averages out at 74 points.
22nd place averages out at 48 points. (47.6 rounded up)

So to avoid relegation we probably need 16 points from 19 matches.  To get into the play-offs we probably need 40 points from 19 matches - which is championship winning form.  So the play-offs are unlikely, but not as unlikely as relegation.
[/quote]

And the answer to these stats in the AGM thread was...

Based on 5 points from the last 7 matches then yes...  by your stats relegation and Div 1 next year is a very real possibility....  and that is before Earnie heading for Premiership pastures new is taken in to consideration!!!

I''m sure there must be one thread where you haven''t "marked your territory" Smudger, maybe the one about left footed players ?Still, what would this place be without a resident doom-fairy. [;)] [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Is it really neccesary to insult other city fans to make your point? you could have said everything you did without refering to your fellow fans as ''fools'', ''those without a brain'' & ''guillable'' People are entitled to their opinions and just because they differ from yours does not give you the right to insult them Have you ever entertained the possibility you could be the one without a brain?[/quote]

Yes and it is their opinions that have dragged this club to where it stands now over the past couple of years...

and yet still people question whether they should call for changes to be made at boardroom level...

The clock is ticking on the boards (and the fans who have backed them) last chance to save face...

No signings of note in the transfer window, a crushing defeat at Tamworth on Saturday the sale of Earnie and a relegation fight to look forward to!!!

[/quote]Thats still just your opinion and does not give you the right to slag of fellow city fans. I think that 95% of what you say is rubbish but i don''t feel the need to insult you. Surely if you want to convince people of your arguements then calling them ''fools'' is not the best way to go about it, doing that people dont question their views they simply become defensive about them.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

My thinking is we won''t go down, nor we will go up this season. Next...

I also remember all the gloom and doom when we sold Ashton - even though we doubled our money on a player in a year and replaced him with the division''s top goalscorer - so if the club do sell Earnie for a handsome profit it wouldn''t be the end of the world.

[/quote]Selling earnie is not an option this year.I have to say it will cause such shock waves through our club it will stand out as a big fat zero ambition again and i think supporters are fed up of getting top class goalscorers just for one season.Just like the ashton scenario.Believe you me if thay sell this time i will guarantee you will have know problem purchasing season tickets in the future because crowds will dwindle in there thousands and we will be back to 15 to 16 thousand gates and that will be on a good day.Preaston north end have just said they will not sell nugent and i think or i thought we was a bigger club than them shame the same vibes are not coming from our club i think the board are rubbing there hands together at the thought of cashing in on earnie.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

I think that 95% of what you say is rubbish but i don''t feel the need to insult you.

[/quote]

Can anyone spot the obvious here?,  or is it just me?.

Like soton last year we are doomed for midtable mediocrity this season.  What is crucial is that Grant is able to bring in a player or two to start building his team.

We can get relegated but we can also get promoted - but neither will happen in my opinion. 

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Is it really neccesary to insult other city fans to make your point? you could have said everything you did without refering to your fellow fans as ''fools'', ''those without a brain'' & ''guillable''

People are entitled to their opinions and just because they differ from yours does not give you the right to insult them

Have you ever entertained the possibility you could be the one without a brain?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats still just your opinion and does not give you the right to slag of fellow city fans. I think that 95% of what you say is rubbish but i don''t feel the need to insult you.

Surely if you want to convince people of your arguements then calling them ''fools'' is not the best way to go about it, doing that people dont question their views they simply become defensive about them.
[/quote]

A large number of City’s fans will never question their views…  because they simply don’t hold a view of their own…  only the view of the club and it’s board members that has been constantly rammed down their throats.

Who said that I wanted to change opinion?  I am just quoting my own opinions that is all...  if you don''t like them then don''t read them.  The fans opinions will change themselves given time because you can’t hide from the truth forever…  Do you honestly think that the club can continue on this downward spiral for much longer… and if not then what do you see being done about matters?

People will wake up to themselves, see how stupid they have been and demand action…  that is what will happen…  it is just a question of time now!!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

I think that 95% of what you say is rubbish but i don''t feel the need to insult you. [/quote]

Can anyone spot the obvious here?,  or is it just me?.

[/quote]perhaps i should have phrased it ''I don''t agree with 95% of what you say but i don''t feel the need to insult you'' but it''s hardly the same as the insults smudger was throwing at people

[quote] I am just quoting my own opinions that is all...  if you don''t like them then don''t read them. [/quote]The only way to avoid them would be to stop using this board, your rants are rapidly becoming eponymous.

[quote] The fans opinions
 will change themselves given time because you can’t hide from the truth forever…  Do

you honestly think that the club can continue on this downward spiral

for much longer… and if not then what do you see being done about

matters?[/quote]So you''re right, and they''re wrong, and if the clubs'' position gets worse you''re still right, and if the clubs'' position gets better then you were right, but people have listened to you.  You can''t lose in your own head can you ? [:)]Rick Waghorn has a few interesting things to say about Norwich''s current position on and off the pitch, you can read them here :http://www.rickwaghorn.co.uk/full_article.asp?i=729

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Is it really neccesary to insult other city fans to make your point? you could have said everything you did without refering to your fellow fans as ''fools'', ''those without a brain'' & ''guillable'' People are entitled to their opinions and just because they differ from yours does not give you the right to insult them Have you ever entertained the possibility you could be the one without a brain?[/quote]

[/quote]Thats still just your opinion and does not give you the right to slag of fellow city fans. I think that 95% of what you say is rubbish but i don''t feel the need to insult you. Surely if you want to convince people of your arguements then calling them ''fools'' is not the best way to go about it, doing that people dont question their views they simply become defensive about them. [/quote]

A large number of City’s fans will never question their views…  because they simply don’t hold a view of their own…  only the view of the club and it’s board members that has been constantly rammed down their throats.

Who said that I wanted to change opinion?  I am just quoting my own opinions that is all...  if you don''t like them then don''t read them.  The fans opinions will change themselves given time because you can’t hide from the truth forever…  Do you honestly think that the club can continue on this downward spiral for much longer… and if not then what do you see being done about matters?

People will wake up to themselves, see how stupid they have been and demand action…  that is what will happen…  it is just a question of time now!!!

[/quote]I can''t speak for the masses but i for one am not some idiot who cannot think for himself i opposed chase & i opposed worthington but i don''t oppose our board and i don''t agree with your opinions, i realise that things are pretty bad at the moment but i don''t beleive it''s all down to our board and that whole sale changes are going to make the slightest difference in fact i think it''d just unsettle the club and make things 10 times worse.

I can''t speak for the masses but i for one am not some idiot who cannot think for himself i opposed chase & i opposed worthington but i don''t oppose our board and i don''t agree with your opinions, i realise that things are pretty bad at the moment but i don''t beleive it''s all down to our board and that whole sale changes are going to make the slightest difference in fact i think it''d just unsettle the club and make things 10 times worse.

This is a curious one for me.

You opposed Chase and Worthington....yet somehow DS and her Disciples are to be forgiven all sins?  The wholesale changes currently needed at the club are nothing to do with the Board....despite a tenure of 10 long years? The removal of the Board now would cause things at CR to become unsettled?

Who then is behind the current mess at the club? Who is ultimately responsible for Worthington''s legacy? Who is responsible for our appalling squad brought in due to "prudent"  business practices? Who is responsible for the fact that any player worth having over 10 years has been sold...and not adequately replaced?

Who is responsible for the season ticket scam...organised to ensure full stands (despite the appalling quality of football) rather than allow "casual" supporters to be a part of things? Who is responsible for the endless ''spin''.....smokescreens and financial cover-ups so endemic in the club today?

And finally.....who still regularly gets her mug on television and throughout the press despite the failing team on the pitch? I think this is the easiest question to answer of all..........

Wizard

Please could you everyone what your vision is for the future of Norwich City FC. It appears that you criciticise everyone and everything yet do not ever seem to present your ideas on what you would do instead. You want the board out, worthy out, grant out and most of the first team squad, fair enough it doesn’t take a genius to work out that the board sacked Worthy at least 12 months too late, Grant is looking short of experience and some of the players are going to take us back to the premiership.

So who would you sign?

What would you have done differently to Grant over the last month?

What tactical changes would you make?

And please done mention Chase (is he still alive?) or Walker.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote] I am just quoting my own opinions that is all...  if you don''t like them then don''t read them. [/quote]

The only way to avoid them would be to stop using this board, your rants are rapidly becoming eponymous.

[quote] The fans opinions
 will change themselves given time because you can’t hide from the truth forever…  Do you honestly think that the club can continue on this downward spiral for much longer… and if not then what do you see being done about matters?[/quote]

So you''re right, and they''re wrong, and if the clubs'' position gets worse you''re still right, and if the clubs'' position gets better then you were right, but people have listened to you.  You can''t lose in your own head can you ? [:)]

Rick Waghorn has a few interesting things to say about Norwich''s current position on and off the pitch, you can read them here :

http://www.rickwaghorn.co.uk/full_article.asp?i=729

[/quote]

Thanks for the Link - an excellent article in my opinion, which endorses the many positive things that have happened at our Football Club esp in the last decade. The current problems on the pitch are typical football issues which occur at most clubs over time and will be reversed, eventually, I have no doubts, even if it takes a season or two, but the massive improvements to the facilities at Carrow Rd are there for a long long time. The comparisons with the Palace are valid, and so reassuring. These improvements will stand us in good stead, so I, along with the majority of the club''s true fans, will no doubt stick with it, moan a lot, but carry on with our long term commitment to our Football Club.

[quote user="Cluck"]

I can''t speak for the masses but i for one am not some idiot who cannot think for himself i opposed chase & i opposed worthington but i don''t oppose our board and i don''t agree with your opinions, i realise that things are pretty bad at the moment but i don''t beleive it''s all down to our board and that whole sale changes are going to make the slightest difference in fact i think it''d just unsettle the club and make things 10 times worse.

This is a curious one for me.

You opposed Chase and Worthington....yet somehow DS and her Disciples are to be forgiven all sins?  The wholesale changes currently needed at the club are nothing to do with the Board....despite a tenure of 10 long years? The removal of the Board now would cause things at CR to become unsettled?

Who then is behind the current mess at the club? Who is ultimately responsible for Worthington''s legacy? Who is responsible for our appalling squad brought in due to "prudent"  business practices? Who is responsible for the fact that any player worth having over 10 years has been sold...and not adequately replaced?

Who is responsible for the season ticket scam...organised to ensure full stands (despite the appalling quality of football) rather than allow "casual" supporters to be a part of things? Who is responsible for the endless ''spin''.....smokescreens and financial cover-ups so endemic in the club today?

And finally.....who still regularly gets her mug on television and throughout the press despite the failing team on the pitch? I think this is the easiest question to answer of all..........

[/quote]

A brief response to some of your points.

The removal of the board would no doubt cause CR to become unsettled in the short-term and whether it would be for the better or worse in the long run no one can say for now.

The board is ultimately in control of the clubs situation. However I would not paint our predicament in such gloomy terms. Is our squad appalling or under-performing? Is the board position “prudent” or are they cutting their cloth to fit the situation. On goals per game ratio, then Ernie would seem a very adequate replacement for Ashton.

Is it a ‘scam’? I believe NCFC are still have some of the lowest season ticket prices in the Championship and even though I am one of the so called ‘victims’ of the policy living away from Norwich, I would rather see full stands week on week and money going into the club, rather than half-empty stands.

And your point is?

"who still regularly gets her mug on television and throughout the press despite the failing team on the pitch? I think this is the easiest question to answer of all.........."

You cant have it both ways cluck - either she is hiding herself away, being quiet when things are tough as per recent posts or she is a media hog before the press at every opportunity to gain slef promotion as per this post - which is it,  onmi-present or invisible owner?? [;)]

For me the clubs problems are are pitch bound and will take 12 months+ to solve by those responsible for pitch performance - the management team of Grant & Co.  His real time started 3 days ago and real progress is needed in the next 5 months.