Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

NO 4-5-1 against Tamworth please!

Peter Grant please don''t play 4-5-1! Okay we are in poor form but hay, they are bottom of the Conference, which is 3 divisions below us, I know it''s an away games and we know how worst we play away from home, but please, don''t play the defensive 4-5-1 formation again! Don''t worry (hay I should not use this word because, we will not "worry" about Tamworth, right?) about your opponent, just go for it please!!! We can only win games by score goals, not defending.

Play Dion and Earnie (if he''s not for sale) up front please!!!

XXL16,

Our 4-5-1 formation is probably as attacking as it gets. And here lies our problem. We do not have the players to make this work. When we play this system and we conceed goals, it isn''t because we sit back, it is because we don''t know how to play this attacking formation correctly. We dont use our wide options correctly. Specifically your best mate Huckerby. When you play 4-5-1, it requires the wide men to join in with the midfield and create a five when defending and when attacking create a three up front. We have an imbalance here where Hucks does not want to become part of a five when defending and as such we are exposed. This means that other players are compelled to adjust in order to compensate. This is what we call imbalance. Ultimately, during 90 minutes of football, you are going to become exposed in some areas of the field because of this. I know you will defend him till the death but in the end, it doesn''t matter how many times he gives you a lift into the city centre, he will still not become part of a five man midfield when required. That is what is required if this system is to do what it is suppost to and that is to provide you with a three pronged attack when going forward. Somthing a 4-4-2 cannot offer.