Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Eyesore to open in April

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="king of latvia"]where did the 1.1 million go ?[/quote]

Straight into Delia''s pockets no doubt!!!

DELIA AND GRANT OUT ALSO CROFT AND SOME OF THE CATERING STAFF AND OTHER RANDOM PEOPLE
[/quote]

And you evidence is where?

It''s a decision that has been made and no doubt those who made that decision thought it was the best potential investment at the time. They maybe proved wrong, but I seriously doubt it was done with the thought of improving the directors personal bank balance. DS and her hubby are rich enough I am sure without trying to rip us off.

You may disagree with the hotel and wanted an infill as I did, but please some perspective.Maybe a little less name calling when it seems to me that for the rich there are easier ways and with alot hassle to increase their money in other areas.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Now that it''s been announced that the new hotel is to open in April -- strangely the first night will be the 2nd and not April Fools Day -- Holiday Inn appear to have covered all angles by offering three different introductory guest deal packages :

1. Premiership. ( If availability depends on our League status I don''t think we need to worry to much about this one ). Starting at Â£35 this gets you top dollar accommodation which includes champagne, truffles, strawberries and a robe and slippers ( fluffy pink ? ) on arrival. If you fancy wafting around, a la Danny La Rue, then this is the one for you.

2. Championship. ( My guess is that this is the one to which we''ll all be heading ? ) From a piffling £20 you get the robe and slippers, internet access and a bottle of red or white wine, but, sadly, you''ll have to forego the champers, truffles and strawberries. Shame.

3. League One. ( I hope this one''s not tempting fate ! ) Being virtually given away for £15 it''s down to the bare bones but does include " complimentary movies " ( hopefully not a continuous 24 loop of all City''s matches this season ? -- in which case only over 18''s will be able to stay in this one as the management cannot accept any liability whatsoever for any trauma suffered by occupants viewing such material ). No, I would hazard a guess that the movie content is more likely to appeal to sweaty businessmen in need of some stress relief.....Once again there''s the good old internet access and, interestingly, iced lager.

Although not mentioned one must assume that beds are thrown in for good measure at all levels although those occupying the basic room will be quite content to sleep on the door coat hook, having passed out from the effects of a couple of buckets of cold lager......

There are no rooms with a view of the pitch. This is either by luck, or, more likely, by design. It would be most inconvenient if the police had to close the hotel for a few days after every home match on account of some unfortunate, having accidentally looked out of the window during a game, succumbing to an urge to put an end to his misery via the cord on the shower rail.......

[/quote]

Hmm I realy have interest to visit this place when I come to Norwich in April...

Need little bit help to know some things.

Are this prices is normal for UK (I have feeling that is a bit low for this part of Europe)

Also how is possible to make reservation for this hotel?

Some links with foto''s about thgis corner now?

On the ball City!!!

[quote user="sheded"]

Holiday inns  do NOT put money into their hotels  without researching  the idea from all angles !   they will have done their homework .....   the buildings a bit stark now , but should look better when its finished .

A lease has strings attached  , we don`t know the terms , do we ?    and a 30% income from profits   sounds like a no risk  deal to me !   I find  the " League "  costing  quite funny , and the prices more than reasonable !   I know some are going to hate me for saying this ( whats new ? )  but I see that hotel   being a success  { much to Wiz`s chagrin [:P] ) 

[/quote]

Sheded.. I am amazed that Holiday Inns didn''t consult posters on here who could have told them how the hotel will fail. For a company that size to make a decision without consulting the wise folk on here is nothing short of a disgrace! (Using the D word must be catching)

Of course it could be a success and bring in a nice income to the club but if that becomes the case then we will hear no more about it on here, unless it''s to suggest the money is going staight into delialalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalas purse to "reclaim her initial investment".

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]

Unfortunately with City''s level of debt there was no way the club could build another corner stand, Curved stands are apparently more expensive then straight ones. I can just hear the condemation from Cluck, Jas & co if City had borrowed more from what ever source to fund the building of another stand, when as many of those same critcs point out we won''t sell out of season tickets next year. More debt would have meant even less to spend on team strengthening but hey as one sage said if you''re the City board you''re damned whatever you do,

& by the way there is apparently a shortage of 4* hotels in  Central Norwich

[/quote]

My understanding is that it will be operated as a 3* hotel.

But getting to the heart of the matter - how does it work?

1. Is Kerrison Hotel Ltd the owner of the hotel sited on leased land? - which then farms out the hotel under a management contract to Intercontinental Hotels to operate under their Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express brand? If so, what is the duration of this management contract and what are the exit clauses? Also, what revenues will Kerrison receive?

OR

2. Is Kerrison Hotel Ltd the owner of the hotel sited on leased land? - which it then operates under a Holiday Inn/Express franchise agreement (a la Kentucky Fried Chicken) for an agreed period of time? If so, how much do they pay for the franchise and what are the profit projections?

OR

3./4./5./..............?

Of course, if things don''t work out NCFC could finish up with an empty, boarded up building in the corner and an obligation to contribute to ongong costs of security etc.

Of course, I could be writing rubbish!

Ah well! OTBC.

I have said I would have prefered a stand so am fully with you both cluck and JB. 

I can''t understand why there couldnt have been a hotel underneath the stand with seating facing the seats but thats all to late now.

But this is a small side issue compared to gross underperformance on pitch. 

i had no idea that there were so many captains of industry, financial analyists and hoteliers who posted on this message board. How on earth do you find time from running your small empires?!

like it or loathe it, for whatever reasons, be it your new found disapproval of all things ''delia'' or  our apparent lack of ambition, we now have a new hotel in the place of what was a rundown part of the ground.

so, before you slate the board for all the reasons you have listed above, think about these things......

do you really think that if an infill was such a money spinner that they would have still  chosen a hotel to be buuilt there?

do we need more capacity? yes , our attendances have gone up in the last 10 years, but would we really warrant a stadium of 30,000, look what has happened to ''them down the road''.

...and if for some reason we do need more seats, it is already common knowledge that plans are ''afoot '' to build on the embarrasingly small city stand.

norwich does need more hotels, for years there have only been the nelson , guest houses and a couple of  rundown ones on the outskirts, suddenly we have four brand new ones pop up in the last 12 months, do you think that all these large international companies were wrong in their business plans? 

its a no lose sit-yu-ashon, constant income from a source probably more reliable than fickle football fans, its just that we have got to get used to the fact that a property the size and position of a football ground, which is only used for its original purpose 30 days out of 365, has to be altered slightly to have other uses.

the board, delia included, have made only a few mistakes over the past few years compared to the advances that they have made, granted the worthy ''problem'' was a huge one, but it wasn''t a financial ''problem'' like so many other football clubs have encountered, money-wise i dont think they have put a foot wrong so far, it has just been in the personnel departmant they have been lacking and no-one can predict how that can work out.

we have got a football club that is, compared to most, financially secure, and in this day that is a hard thing to have.  

Hmm I realy have interest to visit this place when I come to Norwich in April...

Need little bit help to know some things.

Are this prices is normal for UK (I have feeling that is a bit low for this part of Europe)

Also how is possible to make reservation for this hotel?

Some links with foto''s about thgis corner now?

Borislav

.....................................................................................

Hello Boris !   velcum  to Enkland ,  haff you got millions of roubles ?   we vill be vantink to know you [:D]  

I can just imagine the journey through Norwich with Mr & Mrs Wiz. He get to the ground, moans about the hotel, travels to the other end of the ground, moans about seats instead of standing in the stands and how the hell you are suppose to see the players that far up in the stands, moans about how the brick stands look poorer than the old wood and tin ones, looks in the car park and admires the architect of the flats behind the stand then moans, and shop! we never paraded round in all them silly nylon tee shirts in our days, we had good old thick cotton shirts and long shorts, the boots even had wood in the toes. The only blades you could see were blades of grass in the corners of the ground as we played on mud. They then go onto Riverside and he moans how many cinemas there are now and far too many pubs too close together (I mean what was up with using the Ferryboat) plus they now put ice in their cider! What has the world come to? Oh how we all wish we were a fly on the window screen!

Only joking Wiz, happy new year.

I wonder if this new hotel will have it''s own restaurant and bar facilities?....or whether they will be expected the eat and drink a la Delia Smith? I wonder also if it will be used to house people attending Delia''s cooking demonstrations/courses?

Just wondering if it was yet another integral part of the Delia Smith catering empire........with fellow club directors on the new hotel''s puppet Board.

Maybe it''s just silly old me reading between the lines again.........[8-)]

No one has twigged the ultimate slap in the face for the fans have they... Despite someone saying about us all being "captains of Industry" etc...

Heres the slap in the face for every season Ticket holder in the ground, everey member and every Casual Fan.

at £15 for a Room in the hotel it is cheaper to book a room, stand in the corridoor window, and watch the match from there then it is to buy a ticket at Carrow Road!

i might as well hand my season ticket back into the club and then Laugh as i save money by paying £15 23 times a season to watch out the hotel window!

I really cant stop laughing about this.... Have the club REALLY researched this? i expect ticket Prices at Carrow Road to drop drastically or to get a cheaper season ticket to appease the fans.

im actually going to email Doomcaster about this to see what he says, because this, Truly, is beyond comprehension!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

No one has twigged the ultimate slap in the face for the fans have they... Despite someone saying about us all being "captains of Industry" etc...

Heres the slap in the face for every season Ticket holder in the ground, everey member and every Casual Fan.

at £15 for a Room in the hotel it is cheaper to book a room, stand in the corridoor window, and watch the match from there then it is to buy a ticket at Carrow Road!

i might as well hand my season ticket back into the club and then Laugh as i save money by paying £15 23 times a season to watch out the hotel window!

I really cant stop laughing about this.... Have the club REALLY researched this? i expect ticket Prices at Carrow Road to drop drastically or to get a cheaper season ticket to appease the fans.

im actually going to email Doomcaster about this to see what he says, because this, Truly, is beyond comprehension!

[/quote]

Have just emailed doncaster. will be interesting to see what the reply is!

[/quote]

i suspect that those charges are not for the rooms themselves, they are, i presume, extras on top of the normal room rate, but  if they are that cheap then i will be selling my house and moving in!      

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Have just emailed doncaster. will be interesting to see what the reply is!

[/quote]

Good one Jas, I was thinking the same thing, a single £15 booking would get me, my missus and a couple of mates in to see the game all at the same time, at £3.75 per head it will be like going back to 1970 prices, pity the football wasn''t as good but at least we will be in the warm, can openly drink alcohol and can wave to all the other supporters sitting in the cold who have paid £500 for a season ticket.

If that''s not enough I can have a lay down after the game with my missus [once I get shot of my mates of course] and have a free breakfast in the morning, I reckon this hotel crack isn''t so bad after all, perhaps we should knock the other 3 stands down and just have 4 hotels, if Norwich as a city is really short of 4 hotels this would also make up the shortfall, problem solved! 

If the IRA ever start a mainland bombing campaign again, I should recommend to Gerry Adams and Co. that they should look no further than this gross, ugly excuse for a hotel.

Bomb it out of site! When it''s uninhabited, of course...

£15 a night dream on, when was the last time you stayed in a hotel.  Nelson (pretty crummy) £70, Tudor House (B&B dump on Lower Clarence Road) £35 a night.  Minimum room rate for hotel will be £50 a night minimum, probably £100 if truly 3*.

Borislav suggest tou check rates with Holiday Inn''s website to get better idea of rates for a room, don''t listen to these no nothings.   

[quote user="pete"]

£15 a night dream on, when was the last time you stayed in a hotel.  Nelson (pretty crummy) £70, Tudor House (B&B dump on Lower Clarence Road) £35 a night.  Minimum room rate for hotel will be £50 a night minimum, probably £100 if truly 3*.

Borislav suggest tou check rates with Holiday Inn''s website to get better idea of rates for a room, don''t listen to these no nothings.   

[/quote]

Us  " No nothings "     are merely quoting  from this  report ! :-

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Guests will be offered the following deals:

• The Premiership package starts from £35 per person per night and runs from April 2 through to August 31. Guests will be able to enjoy, champagne, truffles, strawberries, and a robe and slippers waiting in room on arrival.

• The Championship package, which starts from £20 per person per night, allows people to enjoy a bottle of specially selected red or chilled white wine, internet access, and robe and slippers.

• League One package starts at £15 and allows people to enjoy complimentary movies, internet access and iced lager.
  • ------------------------------------------------------------
  • It doesn`t mean  we`re stupid enough  to think that   those prices will  REMAIN  so cheap ! have you never heard of   low charges  at the start of  any  new enterprise ?  
  • The offer  begins April 2  , and ENDS  Aug 31    ......  4 months of  full rooms at the hotel  !!  .....  its called a loss leader ! 

Nelson is a Premier Travel Inn now and is only £55 per room.

Guess the Holiday Inn will pan out about the same price once its off the ground.

[quote user="pete"]

[/quote]

Read the report... and tell me again how much the prices quoted are?

Jas.

You say

"at £15 for a Room in the hotel it is cheaper to book a room, stand in the corridoor window, and watch the match from there then it is to buy a ticket at Carrow Road!"

but earlier in the same thread you said

"There are no pitchside rooms due to alcohol laws"

Not being funny, but can you choose your story and stick to it?

Ta.

[quote user="pete"]

[/quote]

These ''extras'' packages are on top of the base room rate which they fail to mention.  It probably varies seasonally.

and if another owner of the club wanted to develop that part of the ground with seating etc.. we then have to buy back the land we sold just to spend money on a stand! we''d lose out 3

[/quote]Planning for the infil was turned down when the Barclay was rebuilt if you remember......As for hotel customers, those sort of hotels are frequented by reps Mon - Fri, weekends are always dead thats why you get those stupid weekend offers. Hotels in and around Norwich are dire.... even that place on the golf course is rubbish and that cost me £300 for room that stank of chlorine.Its be full during the week you watch....Good use of dead land I''d say....