Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Eyesore to open in April

Watch it die on its Arse...

Parking - ok the Car Park behind Carrow Road is large, but is used for Fans, Players, staff, Officials, Medical Crew and the police on a match day. So a Hotel customer can park there any other time but has to move their cars on match day?

Also, who is going to want to, Realistically, stay at a football ground when there are hotels all around the city, with better access, parking, closer to the station, bars etc.

A 30% share holding in the business... how much will this be to our detriment in the long run... supposing Holiday INN PLC or whatever they are called went into Administration tommorow.... we would be up the creek still...

the difference between us, Bolton, Chelski and Reading is that they all own, managed and fund their hotels.. we dont... we are on a hiding to nothing and are not making profit from it... had the hotel of been ours and ours alone i might of been excited about it... as a result it will go the same way as Delias Kitchen...

and if another owner of the club wanted to develop that part of the ground with seating etc.. we then have to buy back the land we sold just to spend money on a stand! we''d lose out 3 times!

i still cant believe someone Sanctioned this at the club! its like that Proton Garage.. how much aren''t we making from that?

Someone wants the Sack for ineptitude!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Watch it die on its Arse...

Parking - ok the Car Park behind Carrow Road is large, but is used for Fans, Players, staff, Officials, Medical Crew and the police on a match day. So a Hotel customer can park there any other time but has to move their cars on match day?

Also, who is going to want to, Realistically, stay at a football ground when there are hotels all around the city, with better access, parking, closer to the station, bars etc.

A 30% share holding in the business... how much will this be to our detriment in the long run... supposing Holiday INN PLC or whatever they are called went into Administration tommorow.... we would be up the creek still...

the difference between us, Bolton, Chelski and Reading is that they all own, managed and fund their hotels.. we dont... we are on a hiding to nothing and are not making profit from it... had the hotel of been ours and ours alone i might of been excited about it... as a result it will go the same way as Delias Kitchen...

and if another owner of the club wanted to develop that part of the ground with seating etc.. we then have to buy back the land we sold just to spend money on a stand! we''d lose out 3 times!

i still cant believe someone Sanctioned this at the club! its like that Proton Garage.. how much aren''t we making from that?

Someone wants the Sack for ineptitude!

[/quote]

A good realistic post jas......and an astute insight into Delialalaland. It''s all just a game to her and is little more than playing Monopoly with Carrow Road as the board.....only in this case she is using OUR money to fund it.........

I agree Jas, a supermarket or a bus station wouldn''t have looked any less out of place in a football stadium, coming at a time when the capacity of CR needs to be  increased makes it a big, big mistake.

have you ever stayed at a holiday inn?

Have you not read that we made 1.1 million from the land Lease?

Holiday Inns belong to the InterContinental Group which own Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn and around 3 other hotel groups.
This company is world wide. Its bigger than Preimer Travel Inn! Check its website: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/

They claim to be the worlds largest Hotel Group.

If this Hotel Takes off which I personally think it will then it can only help the club and its overall look.

We Are Not Chelsea, Bolton or Reading. These clubs all have money. We don''t!

Yes ok its not a few more seats in the corner of the ground, but what it is, is a major extra bussiness investment for NCFC.

Some people will love the fact that they can stay in a top squanky hotel and also watch a football match from there window.

Cheer up .... you didn''t pay for it.

Cheers

C''mon now, have you seen it lately?, its a damn eyesore!.

As I drove past it yesterday, I said to Mrs Wiz, ''a corner seated infill was what this club needed not a bleedin hotel''. This hotel will fail full stop. Would you stop there, especially in that location?.

I know I wouldn''t.

Damned for not raising revenues and damned when they do - is all the club and the fans do now is try and out spin each other?

Its still being built and will probably look better than currently, I would have preferred a further stand infill but with so many not prepared to attend why would we need more capacity?   I can see how they can see the extra income may help the club so accept the decision made even if its not the one I would have taken myself..

Its a peripheral issue, blown out of all proportion compared to the overall finances of the club and taken with far greater consideration for the facts than we will have put before us;   even if facts are put before us it will be viewed as negative spin.

It is the ON pitch activities that are failing, not the off pitch ones and red herrings such as these just to blame the board seem to target the wrong people.

The focus should be on the manager and coaching team getting the best out of the current squad of underperforming players which they are patently failing to do.   Grant/Hunter/Livermore and now weeks need to earn their money and get this squad to perform to their potential - they are the ones underperforming.

The Club took out a £3.2 m loan for the NUC corner stand,on the understanding that money raised from the land sale for the Hotel was immediately paid back off this loan.

In other words the £1.1 m paid part of the NUC stand.

We don''t have shares in InterContinental Hotels we have it in "Kerrison Hotel Ltd". Does not sound like a huge thriving company although i cannot comment. If the club wants to start playing in stocks then shouldn''t more high profile companies be a better idea.

Anyways im under the illusion that football grounds are for playing football in and trying to get as many people to watch as possible. I don''t think a car showroom, a poor looking hotel and a horrifically ugly apartment block affects how many people get into the stadium. Oh well...

[quote user="Fellas"]

We don''t have shares in InterContinental Hotels we have it in "Kerrison Hotel Ltd". Does not sound like a huge thriving company although i cannot comment. If the club wants to start playing in stocks then shouldn''t more high profile companies be a better idea.

Anyways im under the illusion that football grounds are for playing football in and trying to get as many people to watch as possible. I don''t think a car showroom, a poor looking hotel and a horrifically ugly apartment block affects how many people get into the stadium. Oh well...

[/quote]

Exactly.....yet more attention to the carpets and curtains while the roof lets in water. Welcome to Delialalaland......

[quote user="king of latvia"]where did the 1.1 million go ?[/quote]Straight into Delia''s pockets no doubt!!!DELIA AND GRANT OUT ALSO CROFT AND SOME OF THE CATERING STAFF AND OTHER RANDOM PEOPLE

Holiday inns  do NOT put money into their hotels  without researching  the idea from all angles !   they will have done their homework .....   the buildings a bit stark now , but should look better when its finished .

A lease has strings attached  , we don`t know the terms , do we ?    and a 30% income from profits   sounds like a no risk  deal to me !   I find  the " League "  costing  quite funny , and the prices more than reasonable !   I know some are going to hate me for saying this ( whats new ? )  but I see that hotel   being a success  { much to Wiz`s chagrin [:P] ) 

Ah well to late now, its being done. Perhaps 20 years on we''ll laugh at our thoughts because we funed enoughto buy a new squad and finish 1st in the premier league!

Well okay, but surely im allowed to dream, or atleast exaggurate as much as the negatives seem to.

I think you are all making a big issues out of nothing.

When the hotel is finished it won''t look like an eyesore. It should blend in with the football club. It will have football themes etc..

As for the Intercontinental issue, I was referreing to the fact that Hoilday Inns won''t go bust or into liqudation! Not that we will have a 30% share etc ...

I will reserve judgement until its finished and I walk around it one Saturday afternoon at 2.45pm.

If it attracts investment, people, money for the good of the club then so be it.

We Have NO MONEY at Norwich (-19 million), we never will have unless we sell our land or get taken over by some rich billionaire.

Unfortunatly unless we get promotion and stay there, we will end up like a lot of clubs ... Coventry, Leciester, Stoke, etc etc ...

Never quite good enough for the play-off and stuck in the middle of the league year after year.

I know it sounds all doom and gloom, but Its a poor fact of football in the lower leagues.

Cheer up, we could still have had the south sand!

Cheers

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Damned for not raising revenues and damned when they do - is all the club and the fans do now is try and out spin each other?

Its still being built and will probably look better than currently, I would have preferred a further stand infill but with so many not prepared to attend why would we need more capacity?   I can see how they can see the extra income may help the club so accept the decision made even if its not the one I would have taken myself..

Its a peripheral issue, blown out of all proportion compared to the overall finances of the club and taken with far greater consideration for the facts than we will have put before us;   even if facts are put before us it will be viewed as negative spin.

It is the ON pitch activities that are failing, not the off pitch ones and red herrings such as these just to blame the board seem to target the wrong people.

The focus should be on the manager and coaching team getting the best out of the current squad of underperforming players which they are patently failing to do.   Grant/Hunter/Livermore and now weeks need to earn their money and get this squad to perform to their potential - they are the ones underperforming.

[/quote]

Sorry Zip, I disagree, the pitch side of a football stadium is for supporters, nothing else, if they want to build a Disney Park around the back or 200m away from the stadium to raise funds, I would  fully agree but this is pitch side CR - it''s so wrong it''s untrue!

Now that it''s been announced that the new hotel is to open in April -- strangely the first night will be the 2nd and not April Fools Day -- Holiday Inn appear to have covered all angles by offering three different introductory guest deal packages :

1. Premiership. ( If availability depends on our League status I don''t think we need to worry to much about this one ). Starting at Â£35 this gets you top dollar accommodation which includes champagne, truffles, strawberries and a robe and slippers ( fluffy pink ? ) on arrival. If you fancy wafting around, a la Danny La Rue, then this is the one for you.

2. Championship. ( My guess is that this is the one to which we''ll all be heading ? ) From a piffling £20 you get the robe and slippers, internet access and a bottle of red or white wine, but, sadly, you''ll have to forego the champers, truffles and strawberries. Shame.

3. League One. ( I hope this one''s not tempting fate ! ) Being virtually given away for £15 it''s down to the bare bones but does include " complimentary movies " ( hopefully not a continuous 24 loop of all City''s matches this season ? -- in which case only over 18''s will be able to stay in this one as the management cannot accept any liability whatsoever for any trauma suffered by occupants viewing such material ). No, I would hazard a guess that the movie content is more likely to appeal to sweaty businessmen in need of some stress relief.....Once again there''s the good old internet access and, interestingly, iced lager.

Although not mentioned one must assume that beds are thrown in for good measure at all levels although those occupying the basic room will be quite content to sleep on the door coat hook, having passed out from the effects of a couple of buckets of cold lager......

There are no rooms with a view of the pitch. This is either by luck, or, more likely, by design. It would be most inconvenient if the police had to close the hotel for a few days after every home match on account of some unfortunate, having accidentally looked out of the window during a game, succumbing to an urge to put an end to his misery via the cord on the shower rail.......

Sheded - You may be right, that said a couple years ago I was chatting to a property consultant on the train regarding the then yet to be built Chaplefield  and asked him whether it would signal the end of the Castle Mall, he was adamant that it would as it was being backed by a company who never gets these things wrong. I have only been in Chaplefield 4 or 5 times and each time there never seemed to be many shoppers around, yet the Castle Mall always seems to be heaving with people.....

thats an interesting point..we have shareholding in Kerrison Hotels. whoa re they? a group set up to run and manage the hotel..

Holiday Inn, in essence is the top of a large Franchise then, smaller "holding" companies are set up in the hope of turning a profit, if they do Holiday Inn rakes in huge Profits.. if they dont Holiday inn just Severes their links...

Thats why im skeptical.. we wont be getting a chunk of Holiday Inns vast wealth... we are instead hoping so no name business comes good... lets hope they have the right management otherwise Holiday in will say "oh well.. we have loads of other hotels we are making millions from.. lets just let Kerrisons go bankrupt" hence the fact the club will lose Money....

I have an interest in Business and hope one day to run my own... i have looked into this Hotel lark and im still not convinced.. the baance sheet will reveal all for the club.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Sorry Zip, I disagree, the pitch side of a football stadium is for supporters, nothing else, if they want to build a Disney Park around the back or 200m away from the stadium to raise funds, I would  fully agree but this is pitch side CR - it''s so wrong it''s untrue!

[/quote]

Agreed.....totally.

[quote user="Fellas"]

[/quote]

I''m speculating here, but presumably Kerrison Hotel Ltd is the actual hotel, which would presumably be a subsiduary of Holiday Inn.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

C''mon now, have you seen it lately?, its a damn eyesore!.

As I drove past it yesterday, I said to Mrs Wiz, ''a corner seated infill was what this club needed not a bleedin hotel''. This hotel will fail full stop. Would you stop there, especially in that location?.

I know I wouldn''t.

Of course it looks an eyesore.....it''s 1/2 built and the exterior cladding  isn''t on yet , and quite honestly anything that puts extra money into the club is alright by me...''cos if our performances continue in the same vein ,the loss of revenue from un-renewed season tickets will have to made up from somewhere.

[/quote]

Actually for the sake of a little clarity, this same discussion has been taking place on the official Club messageboard as well.

Someone asked:

"Two directors of Kerrison Hotel are Messrs Shaun O''Hara and Andrew Cullen (NCFC Sales & Marketing).

The Holding Company (Kerrisons Holdings) have amongst others 3 directors Messrs Roger Munby, Shaun O''Hara and Barry Skipper.

Are we to assume that these particular Directors are benefiting the Club Financially in the medium to long term, whilst personally benefitting themselves financially in the sort, medium and long term?"

A similar point was made on here too.

The Club''s media department made the following statement:

"Norwich City has a stake in the hotel business through Kerrison Hotel Limited as has previously been publicised. The Club sold the land for £1.1m plus a 30% stake in the hotel company moving forwards, as detailed on page 30 of the latest set of company accounts released last month.

Shaun O Hara and Andrew Cullen are on the Board of Kerrison Hotel Limited to protect the Club''s interests - they have received and will receive no money for this involvement.

For the sake of clarity, Kerrison Holdings is a separate company which has nothing to do with the hotel development and is concerned with the land occupied by phase 2 of our development proposals (the former LSE land). Kerrison Holdings Limited is 100% owned by the Norwich City Football Club PLC and as is required by law has a Board of Directors, which is made up of two Directors from the Club. None of the Directors of Kerrison Holdings Limited have received or will receive any money for this involvement.

All monies generated for NCFC through these stakeholdings will benefit the Football Club.

Thanks,

Joe Ferrari"

Just thought I''d add this to the debate.

Unfortunately with City''s level of debt there was no way the club could build another corner stand, Curved stands are apparently more expensive then straight ones. I can just hear the condemation from Cluck, Jas & co if City had borrowed more from what ever source to fund the building of another stand, when as many of those same critcs point out we won''t sell out of season tickets next year. More debt would have meant even less to spend on team strengthening but hey as one sage said if you''re the City board you''re damned whatever you do,

& by the way there is apparently a shortage of 4* hotels in  Central Norwich

I can just visualise our Delia ''moonlighting'' in her pinafore, and asking the ''Hotel'' guests, "Poached, boiled, scrambled or fried?"[:|]

Hotel Catering is kindly supplied by Norwich City FOODBALL Club. "Enjoy!"

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]

Unfortunately with City''s level of debt there was no way the club could build another corner stand, Curved stands are apparently more expensive then straight ones. I can just hear the condemation from Cluck, Jas & co if City had borrowed more from what ever source to fund the building of another stand, when as many of those same critcs point out we won''t sell out of season tickets next year. More debt would have meant even less to spend on team strengthening but hey as one sage said if you''re the City board you''re damned whatever you do,

& by the way there is apparently a shortage of 4* hotels in  Central Norwich

[/quote]I believe we could have built a corner stand instead of a hotel and long term made more profit, building technology has improved greatly, why would a curved stand cost more than a straight one? perhaps curved spin from CR has replaced straight talk.