Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Where have all the youngsters gone?

Just seen the team news for today and once again Grant has decided that no youngster even warrants a place on the bench ( Lewis by default as we don''t have another keeper).  Still we know if it comes to a fight we can always rely on Thorne, McVeigh and Robinson to get stuck in.  I really fail to see why we have an academy.

When Grant took charged I hoped that might mean some the clubs youngsters would be given more of a chance than they received under Worthy.  I don''[t know whether he has been influenced by Hunter and Livermore, but, Grant now appears to have exactly the same attitude as Worthy.

Imo the Academy is not producing players of sufficent quality to playin the Champinship or the Premier League  which is a real course of concern.

Hopefully following Webb''s depature the club will be able to carry our a comprehensive review of coaching at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

When Grant took charged I hoped that might mean some the clubs youngsters would be given more of a chance than they received under Worthy.  I don''[t know whether he has been influenced by Hunter and Livermore, but, Grant now appears to have exactly the same attitude as Worthy.

Imo the Academy is not producing players of sufficent quality to playin the Champinship or the Premier League  which is a real course of concern.

Hopefully following Webb''s depature the club will be able to carry our a comprehensive review of coaching at Carrow Road.

[/quote]In one sentance you complain at the lack of quality from the acadamy then in another you moan cos they''re not playing...???  Have you seen them? They''re terrible, I include Shackell in that too, he really should have improved by now.

All the youngsters were beating Ipswich 2.0 today in preparation for their 4th round FA youth Cup game at St James Park on Wedneasday night