Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Is Peter Thorne worse than dean Coney?

They say that this pathetic excuse for a footballer is on £10,000 a week Why?What exactly does he offer, Dublin led the line and won nearly every header!Thorne won 0. Pathetic!!!

Peter Thorne is indeed worse than Dean Coney - and that is saying something! Oh, and the chasm in quality between Dublin and Thorne is vast! Sign Dublin up for another year now!

That is a tough choice... but Coney  probably just gets the nod as the worst City striker ever...

Although the one City goal that he did score (with his ass against the Villa) was at a higher level granted!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]he is absolute pants!!! he should be shipped out asap[/quote]If he is on £10,000 a week then I fear we will have to wait till his contract expires. Who else would pay him that?

Why is he so bad after being such quality with Earnshaw at Cardiff? If he''s pleading "old age" he should take a long look at Dion...........

[quote user="baldyboy"]he is absolute pants!!! he should be shipped out asap[/quote]

You have got no chance baldyboy as Grant is keen to keep him.  In fact did you notice the significant contribution all of Grant''s three subs made to the game today.  Grant recognises class when he sees it.

indeed you are right. he is here until the end of the season, unless the unthinkable happens! i mean grant offers him a new deal! i hope not!!

Today just showed the rest of the country exactly how poor the likes of Thorne, Robinson and Hughes really are - can''t see anyone wanting to take them off our hands during the transfer window - not even Tamworth!

Thorne has certainly dissapointed,.. but he is no Dean Coney... thornes record previously in his career indicates that in his prime he was a good player... and scored regularly..

Dean coney came from Nothing.. and went back to it too!

jas :)

hmm Coney was awful, and scored only a single goal famously off his backside.  Thorne may have managed 2 goals??  But at £8000 a week it does make you wonder what football has come to these dayc.

At least we arent signing crappers for millions and getting nothing in return like newcastle.

I have heard many many times that Thorne was on 9000 a week at Cardiff and that he didn''t take a pay cut to come here..............what a waste of money! why can''t we cancel his contract or something?

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]are we sure he is 10k a week. Idon''t think even worthy would offer such a silly contract as that.[/quote]Whwen we took him from Carfiff he was their highest paid player so it wouldn''t be any less, possibly more. Didn''t he score 72 goals in 110 games at Stoke?

Actually he''s only on £9K a week. Surely worse that Martin Chivers & davie Robb during their forgettable times at Norwich. Worse than Rossario? Gibbons?

[quote user="james norwich"]Actually he''s only on £9K a week. Surely worse that Martin Chivers & davie Robb during their forgettable times at Norwich. Worse than Rossario? Gibbons?[/quote]

OI!...you leave Gibbo alone.........He scored some of the best goals ever at Carrow Road and was a top bloke too........[;)]

[quote user="james norwich"]Actually he''s only on £9K a week. Surely worse that Martin Chivers & davie Robb during their forgettable times at Norwich. Worse than Rossario? Gibbons?[/quote]

Chivers did have some good games (WBA away) and scored 4 goals.  He only stayed one season.  Robb started brilliantly, scored a good goal and then was pants but at least he only stayed a few months.  Gibbins was a journeyman; honest but limited.  Still, he scored 13 goals in 47 games which puts him way above Mr Thorne.  Rosario knocked in few as well.

Sorry James but Thorne is way below the standard of your alternatives.   Great signing Worthy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I''ve been waiting VERY patiently for Thorne to produce something to

justify his place in the squad, but he just doesn''t seen capable of it.

He may have been a good striker one day, but we can surely do better,

even as back-up.

you can see why Thorne has been a good player in the past with some of his link up play and clever head flicks- he has suffered here because of a lack of games...with a proper run of games he would show his worth.  He also suffers in comparison to Dion who got justified praise from the BBC pundits today   .                                                                                                                                                   Leave Gibbo out of this thread please-  he was a hero for the diving headers which were his speciality... often winning goals.