Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

grants words

so yet again we are subjected to more spin. remember the words of the invisible woman, "plenty of transfer activity in january", and grant " i expect to do business at the beginning of january". well, now the tune has changed, surprise surprise. this morning we read there may be no activity until the end of january grant says. i think what he meant to say was THERE MAY BE NO ACTIVITY. we are yet again being told crap from the club, to try to stave off any rebelion some fans may be planning. if as seems likely we sign NOONE then i think things will get extremely difficult for our board in February.

[quote user="baldyboy"]so yet again we are subjected to more spin. remember the words of the invisible woman, "plenty of transfer activity in january", and grant " i expect to do business at the beginning of january". well, now the tune has changed, surprise surprise. this morning we read there may be no activity until the end of january grant says. i think what he meant to say was THERE MAY BE NO ACTIVITY. we are yet again being told crap from the club, to try to stave off any rebelion some fans may be planning. if as seems likely we sign NOONE then i think things will get extremely difficult for our board in February.[/quote]

What a stupid and reactionary post! Why the hell does it seem likely that we are going to sign no one. For one thing we''ve already signed Luke Chadwick (although I undersatnd he doesn''t exist in some posters minds) and for another it''s the 5th January, there are 26 days of the transfer window left!

Do you even understand the concept of spin? I believe it is defined as "a heavily biased portrayal of an event of situation". Now read though Grant''s comments and your post again and see who''s most guilty of spinning the truth.

Put simply, your post is the equivalent of Shane Warne whilst Grant''s is more Ashley Giles!

if i am wrong at the end of january i shall consider myself told off, if however i am right will you apologise?

[quote user="baldyboy"]so yet again we are subjected to more spin. remember the words of the invisible woman, "plenty of transfer activity in january", and grant " i expect to do business at the beginning of january"

[/quote]

Grants Pink Un Quote: “There are a couple of managerial places as well, so that doesn''t help. It is frustrating - ideally I would love to have everybody in by the middle of January, I''d love to, but that maybe won''t be the case. Maybe the end of January.”

Baldyboy is spot on, Grant, Delia and the club keep trying to move the goal posts..............they would be better served if they kept their gobs shut!.

Does anyone trust them anymore?. I for one don''t!.

You wait, last minute panic buy coming up.

To be honest baldyboy I think that your attack is a little unfair. Grant isn''t spinning he is being pretty honest and more open than previous managers at NCFC! It he could have it his way he would have brought in a couple of players within January''s opening week but as he has explained it is very difficult/near impossible to do that. As January progresses and players begin moving around clubs will be more confident to release individuals and then we can make our moves.

I feel that you are oversimplifying the problem. Grant will be doing his all to pull players in - but he is not the only deciding factor. 

OTBC

Great! If we get another Earnshaw I will not be complaining. He was a panic buy if your spin is to be believed Wiz.

KP you are in danger of adding a modicum of common sense and a reasoned argument here....stop it now and lets get back to the witch hunt.....

[quote user="chicken"]Great! If we get another Earnshaw I will not be complaining. He was a panic buy if your spin is to be believed Wiz.[/quote]

And so were Hughes and Jarrett!.

[quote user="baldyboy"]if i am wrong at the end of january i shall consider myself told off, if however i am right will you apologise?[/quote]

What exactly will you be expecting an apology for?

You accused the club of spin and then spun the facts to suit your own views.

You claimed we would not sign anybody despite the fact we have already signed one player and you have no evidence to suggest we will not be attempting to sign any more.

So please explain when I need to apologise and for what.

A host of clubs....out of all the championship teams Sunderland 3, Leeds 4,QPR,Barnsley,Coventry,Cardiff,Derby (previous loanee),Scum (prev loanee) WBA, Southend (prev loanee) and ourselves (prev loanee) have signed players. The other 13 clubs must be livid!

So really we are one of the most active teams in the league so far!

Like Grant said people aint gonna let players go if they have not got a replacement. Transfers take time, both parties need to be satisfied.

If only it was as simple as FM07!

I predict a flurry of activity from the 15th onwards!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And yet a host of other clubs yesterday were signing players left, right and centre.

Strange that..................

[/quote]

This idea of other clubs signing players left right and centre yesterday is ridiculous!  14 players moved clubs yesterday out of the whole 92 proffesional clubs in the whole of the English league! Further, guess which club accounted for one of those?  None other than Luke Chadwick to us!

Earnshaw was a last minute gamble at a price no-one else was prepared to pay. That is a fact. Luckily for us however....he did the business and has maybe increased his value.......but like anything half decent in a Norwich shirt.....he''ll be on his way very shortly. Had he flopped....what would we all be saying now?

The above is what I bang on about regarding taking risks....and fortune generally favours the brave. Lets hope we see some chances being taken in January by the Board and Grant....and a fair dollop of money being laid out. It really is now or never for this Board.....as I honestly feel they wouldn''t dare take the p*ss out of the "loyal" Norwich public again.

[quote user="chicken"]Great! If we get another Earnshaw I will not be complaining. He was a panic buy if your spin is to be believed Wiz.[/quote]

to be fair Chicken the 3.5 million we spent on Earnshaw hasnt exactly done us a lot of good has it...  I am sure there are managers whom have spent 3.5 million in this division on players and actually seen their team climb the league!!

Cluck, your posts ( along with Wizard''s ) would offer more challenge and stimulation if you attach a healthy dose of substance to support your view. Instead, what you offer is attack, unsupported claims, distortion, slant, innuendo, lack of detail and last, but certainly not least in your case, an amazing shortage of clearly defined solutions as to what specific action you want the Norwich Board to take.

As I have said previously, since joining this message board a few months back ( under your current name ) you have posted at an average rate of 10 posts per day rarely deviating from your single-minded subject matter of attacking all things under Norwich City management. All comments driven, you say, for the club you love. May the rest of humanity find a different approach when guiding and supporting those we love in life. The most complimentary thing that can be said about you is that you are relentless in your negativity.

Even your last post on this thread takes the essence of good things conducted by Norwich City and turns it into something morbid ( I don''t use that word lightly because if a club''s support was dependent upon a majority of your ilk the life of a club would be short-lived ). You comment on Earnshaw for example. Both Ashton and Earnshaw were calculated risks by our club on proven strikers who could clearly put the ball in the net. Norwich City took these risks and have done well by those decisions. That is what all football clubs like to think they should be doing, taking calculated risks. The majority of clubs in English football can not come anywhere close to taking risks of such proportions. Our club is to be commended for doing so. What do you do....ask what would we be saying if such decisions were flops. I don''t think many of us fail to grasp who would be conducting the orchestra if such were the case. But it''s not.

What exactly do you mean by "a dollop of money" being spent in January....how much is a "dollop?" Also, as you are quick to apply a negative twist to the aforementioned acquisitions, who specifically do you want our club to take a calculated risk on. Which players and at what "dollop" would you acquire if you were at the helm of NCFC. Let''s get it on the record Cluck, because I''d like to see what your player choices produce in the way of transfer fees, salaries and future performance, regardless of which clubs such players choose to join. Let''s see how brave you are and, lest we forget, all you are being asked to do is put your choices on the record. Unlike our real owners, you are not being asked to put real money on the line. So how much courage do you have "Mr. Fortune favours the brave?"

Finally, it is not NOW OR NEVER for this Board. That, probably more than anything else is what chagrins you the most. What they will or will not do will be at their time of choosing, not yours.

I kind of get the feeling that maybe our dealings in the transfer market might be dicatated by who West Ham & Charlton sign.  I expect us to sign at least one player from those clubs.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Cluck, your posts ( along with Wizard''s ) would offer more challenge and stimulation if you attach a healthy dose of substance to support your view. Instead, what you offer is attack, unsupported claims, distortion, slant, innuendo, lack of detail and last, but certainly not least in your case, an amazing shortage of clearly defined solutions as to what specific action you want the Norwich Board to take.

As I have said previously, since joining this message board a few months back ( under your current name ) you have posted at an average rate of 10 posts per day rarely deviating from your single-minded subject matter of attacking all things under Norwich City management. All comments driven, you say, for the club you love. May the rest of humanity find a different approach when guiding and supporting those we love in life. The most complimentary thing that can be said about you is that you are relentless in your negativity.

Even your last post on this thread takes the essence of good things conducted by Norwich City and turns it into something morbid ( I don''t use that word lightly because if a club''s support was dependent upon a majority of your ilk the life of a club would be short-lived ). You comment on Earnshaw for example. Both Ashton and Earnshaw were calculated risks by our club on proven strikers who could clearly put the ball in the net. Norwich City took these risks and have done well by those decisions. That is what all football clubs like to think they should be doing, taking calculated risks. The majority of clubs in English football can not come anywhere close to taking risks of such proportions. Our club is to be commended for doing so. What do you do....ask what would we be saying if such decisions were flops. I don''t think many of us fail to grasp who would be conducting the orchestra if such were the case. But it''s not.

What exactly do you mean by "a dollop of money" being spent in January....how much is a "dollop?" Also, as you are quick to apply a negative twist to the aforementioned acquisitions, who specifically do you want our club to take a calculated risk on. Which players and at what "dollop" would you acquire if you were at the helm of NCFC. Let''s get it on the record Cluck, because I''d like to see what your player choices produce in the way of transfer fees, salaries and future performance, regardless of which clubs such players choose to join. Let''s see how brave you are and, lest we forget, all you are being asked to do is put your choices on the record. Unlike our real owners, you are not being asked to put real money on the line. So how much courage do you have "Mr. Fortune favours the brave?"

Finally, it is not NOW OR NEVER for this Board. That, probably more than anything else is what chagrins you the most. What they will or will not do will be at their time of choosing, not yours.

[/quote]

This typically pathetic aside (highlighted) makes replying to you pointless YC. You obviously have an emotional issue to address....and I''m afraid I don''t rise to such misdirected accusations..........

Well, well, well. How incredibly convenient Cluck. Do you honestly expect that anyone over the age of 4 is going to believe that this is why you haven''t replied to YC''s post. Absolutely hilarious[:D]!!

Well spotted MP. This is why Cluck would never make a chess player....he can hardly wait to move his pieces in attack but has no clue how to defend the ridiculous positions he takes.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

to be fair Chicken the 3.5 million we spent on Earnshaw hasnt exactly done us a lot of good has it...  I am sure there are managers whom have spent 3.5 million in this division on players and actually seen their team climb the league!!

[/quote]

Was Earnie 3.5m CJF?

YC, I am truly fascinated. Am I missing something, or have you performed a complete volte-face since last season? I seem to remember a series of vitriolically sarcastic attacks on D. S. & the board, full of innuendo & contempt. When I attemrted to redress the balance, you did to my comments what  (to steal another poster''s metaphor) Shane Warne does to cricket balls.

Were you being ironic? If so, I apolgise for missing the point.

I must say I now find your posts intelligent & agreeable - not simply because they echo my own viewpoint, which they don''t always do, but becuuse they seem more rational & even-handed. We all know NCFC has problems, bur spewing out hate-filled egocentric doom-laden posts is not going to help.

Cluck - If it is pointless to reply to YC because he made insinuations in this post, could you reply to me instead.I would like to know how much money you believe is neccesary for acquisitions and who you would like to sign. I would settle for a detailed description of positions and costings if you are not sure of players.Personally I believe we need, in priority order:1) Commited defensive central mid and free kick taker, max1.5 mil2) Central defender, leader, max 750 k3) Striker to partner Earnshaw, max 1.5 milTotal max 3.75 mil, and we would be ok with the first one and cheaper versions of the other two, unfortunately I have no idea who such players are. As such I am happy to defer to the professionals opinions (ie Grant).Of the names I have heard on here I like the sound of Vine (luton), David Edwards (Shrewsbury),

I would be interested to know your opinions cluck. and look no insinuations!

[quote user="andrew young"]

YC, I am truly fascinated. Am I missing something, or have you performed a complete volte-face since last season? I seem to remember a series of vitriolically sarcastic attacks on D. S. & the board, full of innuendo & contempt. When I attemrted to redress the balance, you did to my comments what  (to steal another poster''s metaphor) Shane Warne does to cricket balls.

Were you being ironic? If so, I apolgise for missing the point.

I must say I now find your posts intelligent & agreeable - not simply because they echo my own viewpoint, which they don''t always do, but becuuse they seem more rational & even-handed. We all know NCFC has problems, bur spewing out hate-filled egocentric doom-laden posts is not going to help.

[/quote]

What he said............

And in addition YC, I bet you don''t get an actual reply from Chucky. Right or wrong I don''t have a problem with what anyone writes on here and I, as well as some know, what it is like to have a heated debate surrounded by fact and opinion. Hell, we have had many ourselves. But we can always relish in the knowledge that we always provide substantial data/information/fact/general knowledge to the debate. And it is because of this legacy that I can fully understand your disgust with the ''daily star'' equivelent of our message board. ''WW2 Bomber lands on the moon'' or is it ''More spin out of NCFC'' Either way we look, we laugh, we explain, we justify, we ask why, we get silence.

I am sure this guy is an NCFC follower (not supporter) but I''m not sure where he gets this flakey attitude from. I''ll blame the parents for now until I hear something justifyable from our plucky friend.

Andrew, while I have acknowledged on a number of occasions that my memory is not what it once was, I don''t recall taking a position that constituted vitriolic and sarcastic attacks on Delia Smith and the Board. On the contrary, my memory suggests I have been a defender of Delia and company against those that have been extremely critical. Of course, I stand to be corrected but is it possible that your memory is playing tricks with you and you are confusing me with someone else.

For some long time, until the deed was done, I was a critic of Nigel Worthington. I did quickly peruse some of your past posts ( it was easier to look at yours rather than mine because the list was shorter ) and I made a shortcut of the exchange you and I had but I don''t think that thread contained an anti Delia ( Board ) position. If you think I am wrong perhaps you can direct me to the thread ( s ) supporting your comments.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/414744/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Was Earnie 3.5m CJF?

[/quote]

Did we get 2 million for Green?  or 600K for Mckenzie?

Apparantly we have paid 2.9 million for Earnie so far.  But as the club quote the above figures I will quote the same.

Andrew,

Whilst I have disagreed with YC in the past, I think the major difference between his and Cluck''s posts is that when he does make criticism he usually tends to back it up with suggested strategies for redressing the situation. In short, I may disagree with what he says sometimes but his posts are usually very well constructed and thought out. And I remember him being critical of Worthington but can''t remember him railing blindly against the entire set up.

I guess Grant does have a point - there are a couple of Managerial positions vacant which obviously makes things very difficult when it comes to signing players, perhaps he should try one of the other 89 league clubs with a manager - now I wonder if he''s thought of that?

ok YC while Cluck may not answer you question I certainly will...

I agree with 7rew that we need strengthening down the spine of the team drastically...

Firstly a target man to partner Earnie (if he stays) and a reserve striker as back up for Earnie (again if he stays)....

I like the look of Chris Porter @ Oldham (Big target man who has scored 17 goals this season, is young and has room to improve further still if an eye can be kept on his fitness).

Also Grant Holt @ Forest looks like he could do a job if we could prise him away.

Scott Vernon @ Blackpool could also be worth a look at.

Billy Sharp @ Scunthorpe would be an ideal candidate to bring in as back up to Earnshaw (ie injuries or another option to throw on from the bench) and I would try to get Freddy Eastwood or Matty Fryatt if Earnie is sold (depending on how much they would cost).

Dexter Blackstock or Andy Gray are also good potential buys from the Championship I feel.

We have already missed out on Will Hoskins @ Rotherham who I also liked the look of (as he has moved to Watford for approx £500,000 earlier this week).

I also like the look of Keigan Parker @ Blackpool and the two strikers at Crewe (Varney & Maynard) are doing well also. 

We need to be much quicker on the draw (and stop haggling so much over the price) if we are to pick any of these players up!!!

If we feel that we need some Premiership Experience up front on loan then how about Todorov or Henrik Pedersen?  I wonder if Man Utd would let Guiseppe Rossi out on loan to get some first team experience?

Midfield

This area of the team would be most difficult to strengthen as there isn''t too much quality about for the kind of money that we should have to spend.

Chris Brunt @ Sheff Weds (8 goals this season) and his team-mate Kenny Lunt

Dean Marney (Should of been in for him in the summer when Hull got him on a free transfer)

Alan Mahon (Burnley, who are sinking like a stone)

Kris Commons @ Forest

Glen Loovens @ Cardiff (Would be a very usefull addition as he can play as a centre-back or holding player in midfield and has plenty of scopee for further development)

Martin Rowlands @ QPR

Kevin McLeod @ Colchester

Central Defenders

I like both of Sheff Weds centre backs...  Frankie Simek and Madjid Bougherra

Elliot Ward and Mikkel Bischoff @ Coventry I also like

Carl Fletcher @ Crystal Palace

Patrick McCarthy @ Leicester (and I still feel that Kenton could do a job for us if he was brought back and got his head right)

James Perch and Wes Morgan @ Forest

Danny Higginbotham @ Stoke

Other players I would like us to have a look at if the chance came along (either on loan or permanent) are...  Christian Dailly & James Collins @ West Ham, Danny Murphy (Spurs), James Harper (Reading).

Make of those what you will...  The main problem we have however is that a lot of these players will not want to come to Norwich because of the position that the board has allowed us to slip to over the last couple of years...

If we had any kind of ambition a decent team could of been built...  I have lost count of the number of players that we have missed out on during the last few years...  The time to invest was WHEN WE WERE ON A HIGH...  by letting things fester we have made things so much more difficult for ourselves to turn things around!!!