Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

vine would be a great Caputre!

hope Grant can pull this off! Vine is a handy player and always causes problems.

Wasnt it this season he scored a screamer at Carrow Road? or was it last season?

1 million i think is a fair amount for him too.

hopefully we can get him in!

jas :)

Yes, Vine would be a good signing, but where does Grant even hint in the article that he''s going to try buying him? Grant simply states that he admires Vine as a player and I suggest it''s yet more spin to put the fans on hold, so to speak.

At this crucial stage of the season in such a vital month when the club should be looking to strengthen a lightweight squad, talk of admiration of players is about as much use as t _ ts on a fish, and it''s downright unfair to keep the fans on tenterhooks.

I''d rather the board & Grant came straight out with the truth, which likely incorporates the signing of Chadwick & maybe one more purchase plus a couple of  journaymen loan signings to see us through the remainder of the season unless Earnshaw is sold.

If Earnshaw stays I can guarantee that by the end of this month the board will be telling us that key signings couldn''t be made in order to keep him here.

I swear that eminent mountaineers will soon be visiting Carrow Road if the bull _ _ it is heaped any higher.

Good old Norwich haven''t quite got the hang of this transfer lark have they now?, they always use that word ''interested'', but then sit back while another club nips in and pinch the player from them.

Pathetic really.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]now everyone knows norwich are interested in him, some other club can nip in and land him.

great work grant.

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]

[:S] damned if you do...

Rumour has it Roy Keane''s Sunderland are now interested.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=438967&lid=1490&clid=&channel=Transfer+Window&title=Transfers+-+Tabloid+Talk

After picking up the excellent Carlos Edwards it seems Sunderland will be the latest team to leave Norwich in it s wake.  We needed to improve the squad when we were on a high - unfortunatly Prudence and Ineptitude meant we signed Andy Hughes instead.

We need a target man...  Rowan Vine while a reasonable player is about 5''8" tall.

Please think about how a player would fit in to the current team before saying what a great signing he would be...

That was one of Worthy''s worst traits...  he may of signed reasonable players but had little knowledge of how to build a team!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

We need a target man...  Rowan Vine while a reasonable player is about 5''8" tall.

Please think about how a player would fit in to the current team before saying what a great signing he would be...

That was one of Worthy''s worst traits...  he may of signed reasonable players but had little knowledge of how to build a team!!!

[/quote]  Vine is 6"1''  and a damm good striker at this level and has a reputation of creating a lot of goals as well as scoring them!  I think he would do just nicely!

[quote user="Smudger"]Sorry carpio.... me confusing him with Warren Feeney me thinks!!![/quote]  thats ok, we are all getting a bit twitchy waiting for the 7th cavalry to appear this month!!  I just wish some clubs would stop paying over the odds for average players and give us a chance!!