Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Tamworth ..........the lamb's silenced

Just got back from the match. We were always in control, apart from the first 20 mins or so, and, with hindsight I was left wondering why I''d been worried about this match. Tamworth huffed and puffed but it was clear which was the League team although the best goal of the game was theirs. As always Dion was superb but Earnie was quiet and may have had his mind on other things. The midfield was our weakest point -- no change there then.

This was the most basic ground I''ve attended. It''s newish but the stands are low and the ball must have cleared the stadium more often than it stayed in when put into touch. One terrace behind the goal was uncovered. Ours was partly covered  ( but not where I stood in the steady drizzle ! ) Surprisingly the pitch was better than I expected and certainly better than the mud heap at Portman Road earlier this season.

The Tamworth fans were pretty friendly, the town seemed pleasant enough, and there was a fair sprinkling of chefs hats in evidence. We found the Weatherspoons pub which had a nice mix of colours and a group of home fans dressed as Power Rangers kept us entertained. Also met a bloke there with a cardboard Delia cut-out complete with Tamworth scarf ( which had a brief appearance on TV I understand ) but I believe Delia herself was not at the game ?

The attendance by home fans was lower than I expected which was a shame but I suppose TV is the main culprit. On the way out spotted and spoke to Lee Dixon as he was about to be chauffered away in a big black Bentley and he agreed that, whilst we didn''t play well we were comfortable enough.....

The day made a nice change from the usual match day experience....

a good report, I saw Dowie and Dixon in the MOTD portacabin, I wonder if they heard the Ian Dowie what a ---ker, what a ---ker chant on the tv?

Thanks Marty, and may I say in a bout of mutual appreciation that I enjoyed reading your report too.Tamworth was a much pleasanter place than I imagined-- I thought it was going to be a faceless New Town.

I take your point about the gangway. When we arrived about 30 mins before KO it was clear but filled up pretty quickly even at the furthest point, close to the longest home terrace down the side, where we ended up standing. I was the custodian of the '' Posh Canaries '' flag and managed to attach it to the front crush barrier hoping to give it a rare live TV airing. Needless to say it was quickly obscured and eventually at half-time it had gravitated onto the wire netting at the back......

Did you spot those those blokes with the crates of lager on the flat roof behind the netting ? Couldn''t understand a word they said but someone said they were West Brom fans so quite what they were doing there peering through the netting and the flags is anybody''s guess.

Still if they must get the cheap seats ...........

the lamb was silenced....and the BBC panel seemed pretty disappoined about it all as well....still, we''ll draw Chelsea away in the next round, and go back to being a nations'' favourite underdog....

In all due respect there should not be any doubt or question that Norwich were in control. We were not playing a World beating team. It is just a sad reflection of the decline in Norwich since the heady days of the Premiership that it can be stated how well Norwich Control and dominated a team that is second from bottom of the conference. 

Pleased you all enjoyed yout trip to ''sunny sunny Tamworth'' Every Norwich fan I spoke to (or gave directions to Weatherspoons to) seemed friendly enough.

Agree Kyle Storer''s goal was the best of the game, but your full time fitness showed in the end. Our lads came out of the blocks all guns blazing and ran themselves ragged on adrenalyn, and it showed in the second half. We had half a dozen chances in the first half an hour but didn''t convert them, thats the way it goes.

It was a much better game than last year with Stoke, they weren''t professional, showed us no respect and didn''t prepare, and we nearly took them. Your guys had done some homework in knowing to take Mcgrath out of the game as our key player, and taylor on the right who caused all the problems first half was marked out of the game by two of yours. A few of our fans think Cooper should have made different changes, and earlier, but its too late now for if''s and buts.

Well done, and I''ll be hoping you get the draw you want this afternoon. Good luck !

ps - got to speak to Dion briefly after the game and he did remember me from Villa, despite the banter he was still exactly the same, gentleman of football - keep hold of him for as long as you can, he''ll be an ambassador for your club for years to come