Sign in to follow this  
Green army

DION THE LEGEND!!!

Happy New Year everyone, my first post of 2007 (I think, I lose track).I watched the game on tellybox, and even I could see how influential a player DD is to us.  He reads the game better than anyone in the team, links up the play so intelligently that most of our players miss it (I remember one moment when Dion won yet another header and flicked the ball behind him for Crofty to run onto, only to turn around to find the winger standing idly by picking his nose).I went mental when he was signed, I thought he must be the worst decision of Worthy''s career, but I am gladly proven wrong.  As it turns out, in Earnie, Croft and DD, Worthy''s final three signings were actually some of his better ones... shame about many of the others...Give him another year as player and get another decent striker in to learn something whilst he''s still here.

Dublin has been our most consistent performer since he joined. He is virtually a shoe in for plyer of the season. his atti9tude and professionalism, and the standard of performance he maintains, should make most of our squad hang its heads in shame. I can see the day when quality players who wish to continue their careers into their 40''s become the norm, as they comfortably stand out amongst the lesser quality kick and run merchants that inhabit leagues outside the premiership. If they look after themselves in the way Dublin has, and play for the enjoyment and to prolong their careers, football will be the winner, as the standard will improve. Dublins brain puts him ahead of younger opponents 90% of the time, you only had to watch the QPR game to see that. On this occasion, worthington deserves a plaudit.   

[quote user="green army"]Did anyone see dion give a little kiss and wave to the tamworth fans when he came off.......one word for dion ........LEGEND!!![/quote]

Legend is so easily used nowadays, the guy has done well but reality check it was tamworth we were playing.

people like big Dunc are legends gave half their life to city, not half a season.

[quote user="oh huckerby"]

a born leader, club captain!

[/quote]

Too right!! After watching him on saturday it made me wonder why the silent Drury and Doc have been given the armband.  I think we should start a campaign now - Dion for captain!!