Sign in to follow this  
Green army

DION THE LEGEND!!!

Did anyone see dion give a little kiss and wave to the tamworth fans when he came off.......one word for dion ........LEGEND!!!

I''ll second that. He is a hero already!! Must have at least another season in him. We need someone (Vine?) to come in and learn the ropes from him while he is still playing. 

New contract?

What do you suggest?  We sign him up for?  Another 2 years maybe????

Unbelievable.... he is a 37 years old and on his last legs...  Yes he still has a footballing brain and can expose weaknesses in poor sides... but is he really the future???

Pay as you play or nothing at all at that age I''m afraid!!!

As he was head and shoulders above the other players, which he also usually is in defence, I agree, extend his contract for another year

Agreed, give him a new deal of some form, Dion was immense today and I don''t see why he can''t carry on. If only we had a few more like him.

Dublin was the outstanding player in the team today, and, I''d love to see him playing for the club for another season. 

I think Grant would be making a massive blunder if he did not try to keep Grant at the club in some capacity.

Imo he has to be the odds on certainty for Player of the Season!

i would seriously consider keeping dublin at the club, maybe as player coach, or he can be rserve team manager? it''s a start int it.

anyway bring on chelsea!!!

Regrettably,  it really marked just how poor City became when Dion, Crofty and Safri came off despite a tiring, beaten opposition.

It showed how we need our best 11 at all times and Dion is a part of that now and for the near future.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

I think Grant would be making a massive blunder if he did not try to keep Grant at the club in some capacity.

[/quote]

Well, er... yes!
[/quote]

Well spotted ''Dr Watson'' (aka Vince the moderator)........Elementary mistake from Sherlock, who should know better![:P]

[quote user="Smudger"]

New contract?

What do you suggest?  We sign him up for?  Another 2 years maybe????

Unbelievable.... he is a 37 years old and on his last legs...  Yes he still has a footballing brain and can expose weaknesses in poor sides... but is he really the future???

Pay as you play or nothing at all at that age I''m afraid!!!

[/quote]

I disagree, I''d give him another year (player/assisitant manager)

when dublin first arrived at the club I slagged them off badly. I was totally wrong as dublin gives you 100% every match and I wish the other players would look at him and think maybe I should be like that.Give dublin another year - He deserves it.Grant out now

Well sign him up for whatever works out cheapest. Im sure he''d accept any contract. Give him a player one, he can do all the teachings, and play when we need him to!

Keep him here.....we need his charisma around the place......AND we all like him! (rare in itself!)......

Well....maybe Smudger has his doubts...............[:)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]And there speaks a man who definately, without a shadow of a doubt and conclusively (as in I''d bet my house on it) has not seen Dion Dublin play this season.May I suggest that until you have, you don''t have a clue. I''m sure most regular attendees at Carrow Road would agree.Whether he''s got another year or two left in the tank is another matter, its up to him to decide.But how dare you question or belittle his contribution to the team this season?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

And there speaks a man who definately, without a shadow of a doubt and conclusively (as in I''d bet my house on it) has not seen Dion Dublin play this season.
May I suggest that until you have, you don''t have a clue. I''m sure most regular attendees at Carrow Road would agree.
Whether he''s got another year or two left in the tank is another matter, its up to him to decide.
But how dare you question or belittle his contribution to the team this season?
[/quote]

Just glancin'' at your posting time, are you a nocturnal ''true supporter'' Herby old sage?[S] Have you been bitten by a rabid owl recently - and find it difficult to sleep at night without hunting your prey on these boards.......Maybe you can form a "Dusk till dawn, posts ''r'' us" forum group? You''re probably digestin'' and sleepin'' off your tummy full of Wiz worms, Smudgersnails etc, so a reply won''t be immediately forthcomin''.......Hoot! Hoot! 

I thought he was fantastic, especially when he got subbed and started blowing kisses, much to the annoyance of Tamworth fans who have been calling him a w*nker all day...leaves me wondering who was the bigger chump...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Just glancin'' at your posting time, are you a nocturnal ''true supporter'' Herby old sage?

[/quote]Well I stayed with friends just outside Tamworth, so didn''t leave ''till late evening and then managed to get a bit lost on the way back due to my pig headed "I know where I''m bloody going" mentality, so I arrived home about 2am.Needed to wind down a little after a few hours of 100mph (errr, I mean 70 officer!) so I thought I''d come on here and see what the armchair section made of the game. [;)]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

And there speaks a man who definately, without a shadow of a doubt and conclusively (as in I''d bet my house on it) has not seen Dion Dublin play this season.
[/quote]

Absolutely. If you had been to the games Smudger you would realise that Dion Dublin will more than likely be our Player of the Season this year!! When played at centre half he gets our shambles of a defense playing well and up front he now has 5 goals from limited appearances.  With his attitude and ability he has made some of our players look a total utter disgrace - they know who they are.

Another season for Dion please Grant!!

For any doubters just look at Dennis Wise''s 40 year old affect on Coventry last term or Sheringhams Premiership exploits.

Dion has indeed been excellent for us this season and most definitely deserves another year, but I must comment on the rabid ''ageism'' that came to light when Dublin first signed (which Ronbol Ronbol now in hindsight has realised was poor judgement) and which exists in my opinion whenever we''re linked with soemone over the age of 33. It''s always - "his legs have gone", or "he''s injury prone" or "they''re completely past it" - when in fact I think our squad could do with one or two more Dublins about the place - good seasonsed professionals who had played at the highest level. Not everyone over the age of 33 are completely past it!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Just glancin'' at your posting time, are you a nocturnal ''true supporter'' Herby old sage?

[/quote]

Well I stayed with friends just outside Tamworth, so didn''t leave ''till late evening and then managed to get a bit lost on the way back due to my pig headed "I know where I''m bloody going" mentality, so I arrived home about 2am.
Needed to wind down a little after a few hours of 100mph (errr, I mean 70 officer!) so I thought I''d come on here and see what the armchair section made of the game. [;)]
[/quote]

Well, for a change - I thought I would pull up my ''lazee-sod'' recliner armchair, and totally ''relapse'' by putting my webbed feet up, and watching the game from the comfort of my padded cell. After witnessing the mauling away at Stoke, and then taking it very personally that I was totally responsible, (also deciding I''m actually NCFC''s ''away game'' unlucky charm) me going ''West to Watch'' again, was seriously not on the cards. Coupled with an expensive Xmas that incurred a drain of my away - beer, pies, lappy dancer and travellin'' costs slush fund, I decided to become an ''untrue fan'' and stay in Nicey Naarfaalk.

Without Dion, (and occasionaly H''cuck''s) we would have been very fortunate to come away with a result - and that was just watchin'' it on my 12" (easy to conceal when the licence detector van''s about) portable (sometimes colour) TV - instead of listening to the more credible description of the game on Radio Snorefolk, featuring Chris ''not roothless but toothless interview technique'' Boreham and the Nonchalant Neil ''on the club''s payroll'' Adams.

So there you have it.........from a very guilty "I should have gone because it was my personal duty - and I''m certainly not worthy of my season ticket and "Mello''s a part-time City fan"

I''m impressed and humbled, by your unswaying loyalty to the Canary cause, and praise to you from the bottom of my fart - or is it the heart of my bottom? whatever!?..... For risking the 3 points for speedin'' on your drivin'' licence and refusing to purchase a satnav - preferring instead, to meander around the midlands at midnight and wastin'' expensive ''motion lotion''.......Respect! [;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

For risking the 3 points for speedin'' on your drivin'' licence and refusing to purchase a satnav - preferring instead, to meander around the midlands at midnight and wastin'' expensive ''motion lotion''.......Respect! [;)]

[/quote]

Cheers.As any real man knows, satnav is for girls. [:P]And...errr...blokes with no sense of adventure.Besides, satnav would probably sent me home via the Humber bridge or something...

Dion, without doubt is the best thing to happen to this club in a year or more, I''m not sure what that tells us about the club but all the same - DD is a true pro and a fine character - should be encouraged to stay, should be encouraged to gain his coaching badge.

Two more years?  As a striker perhaps not, a defender certainly, he''s proved already he can read the game from the back four perfectly and has a fantastic footballing brain

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Well I stayed with friends just outside Tamworth, so didn''t leave ''till late evening and then managed to get a bit lost on the way back due to my pig headed "I know where I''m bloody going" mentality, so I arrived home about 2am.
Needed to wind down a little after a few hours of 100mph (errr, I mean 70 officer!) so I thought I''d come on here and see what the armchair section made of the game. [;)]
[/quote]

Herb...top marks for this little gem!.......For all we know you may just have a job in a late night garage........[;)]

Some have alluded to it, but one of the huge and often underestimated intangible benefits he would bring is leadership and experience. We have bemoned the lack of the Malky/Iwan type figure on the pitch or in the dressing room who can help fire up and maintain team spirit. Dion would be worth his salary alone in that type of role. I thought he was magnificent on saturday and without him I doubt we would have weathered the first 10-15 minutes and settled down like we did.

Grant must sign him, surely.