Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

PinkUn player profiles - ROBINSON!

This made me laugh in a "Oh my god you couldnt be more wrong" kind of way:

''Robinson is a regular member of the Wales squad and signed for City following a three-month loan spell in which he impressed manager Nigel Worthington. A holding midfield player, Robinson gets stuck in whenever he can and has good passing ability. He was always picked when available last season so he looks likely to be a key member of the Norwich City squad this season.''

[quote user="hogesar"]

This made me laugh in a "Oh my god you couldnt be more wrong" kind of way:

''Robinson is a regular member of the Wales squad and signed for City following a three-month loan spell in which he impressed manager Nigel Worthington. A holding midfield player, Robinson gets stuck in whenever he can and has good passing ability. He was always picked when available last season so he looks likely to be a key member of the Norwich City squad this season.''

[/quote]Leave the guy alone he gets slagged of on here 24/7 i think we got the message by now about how a lot of fans feel about him.

Alright alright, touchy touchy! I was having a joke. I assume your sense of humour has left you somewhat.

As much as he is picked on on these boards, I think hogesar was trying to point out that the profile description was somewhat innaccurate and is needed to be fiddled with a tad to become a bit more accurate!!

[quote user="Hello City"]As much as he is picked on on these boards, I think hogesar was trying to point out that the profile description was somewhat innaccurate and is needed to be fiddled with a tad to become a bit more accurate!![/quote]

I think hogesar was having a joke, however if you seriously think that profile description is innaccurate why not write an accurate one here so we can compare.

By all means come up with what you all believe to be a true reflection of each player and I''ll happily change the profiles.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]By all means come up with what you all believe to be a true reflection of each player and I''ll happily change the profiles.[/quote]

Well  , THAT should come up with some interesting  stuff Pete !

My opinion of Carl Robinson: a central midfielder of considerable skill and athleticism who doesn''t have the influence on games that he could have. He is capable of being a very effective playmaker because of his distribution with both feet and head, but often fails to show leadership and allows opposition midfielders to dominate.Note that this analysis applies equally well to Etuhu and Safri.

This is a very reasoned and useful description Old Boy. I think that you could add to this his tendency to pass sideways instead of forward, thus allowing the opposition plenty of opportunity to push their defence up and press us back. I think you will find that your description is far too even handed and objective for a lot of posters on this board. 

[quote user="Old Boy"]My opinion of Carl Robinson: a central midfielder of considerable skill and athleticism who doesn''t have the influence on games that he could have. He is capable of being a very effective playmaker because of his distribution with both feet and head, but often fails to show leadership and allows opposition midfielders to dominate.

Note that this analysis applies equally well to Etuhu and Safri.
[/quote]

Fair profile Old Boy.

Now maybe one of the original posters could point out the inaccuracies of the original profile????

[quote user="Old Boy"]My opinion of Carl Robinson: a central midfielder of considerable skill and athleticism who doesn''t have the influence on games that he could have. He is capable of being a very effective playmaker because of his distribution with both feet and head, but often fails to show leadership and allows opposition midfielders to dominate.

Note that this analysis applies equally well to Etuhu and Safri.
[/quote]

A fair appraisal in my opinion, although I think you''re wasting your time with such a reasoned opinion on here.

I wonder how much of the problem with Robinson is down to not only confidence, we can all appreciate how difficult it must be to play your best when the crowd a waiting to pounce on your first mistake, but also the role he''s being expected to play.

He''s always looked a fairly tidy player when he''s playing for Wales but I think that may be down to the fact that his job for them is fairly simply to keep ball moving by playing little 5-10 yard passes. They then rely on the likes of Giggs, Koumas and Davies to provide the attacking threat from midfield.

We''re expecting him to do more for us because, Hucks apart, we don''t have the creative, attacking players in midfield to allow him to do the job he''s best at.

I should have added that, although Etuhu and Safri have similar strengths and weaknesses to Robinson, Robinson seems to have come in for more stick, and has been affected more by it. I''m sure that this is why he takes the safe (i.e.non-creative) passing option too often.It''s extremely frustrating, because in Safri (dogged, aggressive, powerful tackler, holds the ball well), Etuhu (strong, quick, and capable of attacking dangerously), and Robinson (cultured and aware, two good feet) we should have the ideal midfield three for a 4-5-1/4-3-3, but the strength of personality seems to be missing. There''s no reason why these three players shouldn''t have powered us into the top 2 or 3 this season.

He''s only good enough for mid to low "Championship" level.......and if that is the aim at NCFC....he''s par for the course.

Robinson is championship level squad player who can pass well when acting as the second midfielder.  Sadly for norwich he is a first choice player who often has to cover for his cheif comedy partners lack of interest seriously exposing the limits of his own game.

"Championship level" - maybe, but only Championship level because of mental fragility rather than footballing technique, and that was my point. These three players are more talented than the their equivalents who took us up (we''ve had that argument) and should be capable of getting us to the Premiership and clinging on. But there''s much more to achieving in football that possessing footballing skill.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Old Boy"]My opinion of Carl Robinson: a central midfielder of considerable skill and athleticism who doesn''t have the influence on games that he could have. He is capable of being a very effective playmaker because of his distribution with both feet and head, but often fails to show leadership and allows opposition midfielders to dominate.Note that this analysis applies equally well to Etuhu and Safri.[/quote]

Fair profile Old Boy.

Now maybe one of the original posters could point out the inaccuracies of the original profile????

[/quote]Someone''s finally spelt the word correctly. :)

Well, i could come to a conclusion for a good player profile, however as a fan who has seen rubbish of recent weeks it wont be fair-do''s to robinson