Sign in to follow this  
Capital Canary

Watford Tickets / Part-time supporters / Sky TV

This is the first time I have been on this message board, though I read this site several times a day. I would just like to comment on a few of the messages that I have read so far re. the above issues.

Firstly, it is unfortunate for those that have paydays after tickets go on sale. Unfortunately, this will never change (unless you have a nice employer who will loan you the money!) and it affects a lot of us!

I play semi-professional football in London for a Ryman Premier side. I am also under contract and this means that I do not get to see Norwich that regularly. However, does this mean I am a ''part-time'' supporter??? I try to see as many games as possible, but due to my working and football commitments, this isn''t always possible. Instead, I rely on reports on the websites, reading views on the canaries messageboard and so on. I also recieve mobile updates, have bought merchandise from the Club Shop, and worship the ground that both the players and management walk on. I lived in Norwich for 17 years, and for the last 8 have been living in South London. On New Years day, I climbed over the gate beside the Barclay and new Stand and wondered onto the pitch. I tore up a bit of grass, put it in my pocket and drove home. Today, that same piece of grass is in the same frame as an aerial photo of the Ground (with new stand). I know I am sad, but this is how passionate I am about the club.

I don''t think it is fair to label people ''part-time'' supporters if you don''t actually know them. Bare this in mind when you take a critical stance over the distribution of the Watford tickets.

I myself, haven''t got any tickets but would so wish to have some. And yes, I too would pay very good money for them. So, instead of slagging of such supporters or the way the whole ticket distribution has been handled, let''s just thank the fact that we will boast a maximum away attendance and hope that for all those who do go, sing up for all those that couldn''t.

One other thing.... does anyone know how many times Norwich have been on Sky TV this year?

dangreenleaf@hotmail.com (for those that may have Watford tickets!!!!!)

We have been on Sky 4 times so far.

Forest (away), Stoke (away), Forest (home), West Brom (home). They should have been on against Sunderland (away) but of course the game was postponed. Thay are also due to play Wigan (home) and Reading (away) live on Sky too.

While we''re on the subject, does anyone know if the Sunderland replyed game will be on TV. It will be a shame if it is not, the Sky Sports website doesn''t say so, but it looks like it will be such an important game.

Not sure...

But according to my Stokie friends their postponed match against the Baggies should be scheduled for the same night.

I''m sure we''ll get an Anglia Soccer Big Match Special on that night so at least those of us unable to go wil be able to see some highlights - the big question will be ''will we want to watch them?''

It''ll be Mr Waller for me if not on Sky.

Writing as a Norwich exile living and working in London I agree wholeheartedly with the comments you made. I would love to be back in the old routine of never missing a home game and taking in a good half dozen away days each season but it''s not feasible any more for reasons of distance, cash and emotional blackmail from wife and baby (who of course is a Junior Canary).
Games like Palace and (especially for me) Watford are the equivalent now of home games and I''m sure the same goes for the other thousands of City fans living in the Capital.

It is difficult being a Norwich fan so far away,- most of my work colleagues are baggies or Bristol City fans, I even work with a Binner!! I have taken so much stick over the last few
years and it has been great this season to be able to hold my head up high. I too play football on a saturday afternoon so can''t get to games but that doesn''t make me any less of
a fan. I seem to lose concentration during the last 10 minutes of matches through worrying
about how the boys are doing!!
Try "watching" the derbies on radio 5 sport extra, staring at a blue screen on a sunday
afternoon and justifying it to a missus who just doesn''t understand. Try watching the play-off semi-finals in a pub packed with wolves fans and being the only canary in there. Then
watch the final in the same pub which is packed with Birmingham fans. (All brummies come to
weston-super-mare to live, god knows why!).
There is no such thing as a part time fan, it is where your heart is what counts. My heart
is Yellow and Green, has been since I was 7, (I am now 30), and always will be. We are all in it together. Let us not forget. OTBC

well said. I don''t know if I would rather be in your position or mine, my wife has conjured up 3 friends weddings to go to, all for home games before the end of the season. How can these people be so inconsiderate. When I got married and it was suggested that a winter wedding would be nice, I insisted having it in the summer because it''s more romantic, but don''t let on!

UNFORTUNATELY I AM ON HOLIDAY THEN BUT WHAT ABOUT NEXT SEASON? (OLD TRAFFORD,
ANFIELD HOPEFULLY!!). PROBABLY NOT A GOOD IDEA THIS SEASON ANYWAY, THE LAST 6
AWAY GAMES I HAVE BEEN TO WE HAVE LOST5 AND DRAWN 1, AND ONLY SCORED 1 GOAL!!
I DON''T WANT TO BE THE JINX OF THIS SEASON!!