Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Yankee awaiting your response...

Rehash on my post from GRANTS WORDS thread (which nobody has posted a response to yet)

My thoughts on some of the many transfer options open to City...

What do others think of these players (most of whom should be available for a fair price and should be able to improve the City squad in some way)...

ok YC while Cluck may not answer your question I certainly will...

I agree with 7rew that we need strengthening down the spine of the team drastically...

Firstly a target man to partner Earnie (if he stays) and a reserve striker as back up for Earnie (again if he stays)....

I like the look of Chris Porter @ Oldham (Big target man who has scored 17 goals this season, is young and has room to improve further still if an eye can be kept on his fitness).

Also Grant Holt @ Forest looks like he could do a job if we could prise him away.

Scott Vernon @ Blackpool could also be worth a look at.

Billy Sharp @ Scunthorpe would be an ideal candidate to bring in as back up to Earnshaw (ie injuries or another option to throw on from the bench) and I would try to get Freddy Eastwood or Matty Fryatt if Earnie is sold (depending on how much they would cost).

Dexter Blackstock or Andy Gray are also good potential buys from the Championship I feel.

We have already missed out on Will Hoskins @ Rotherham who I also liked the look of (as he has moved to Watford for approx £500,000 earlier this week).

I also like the look of Keigan Parker @ Blackpool and the two strikers at Crewe (Varney & Maynard) are doing well also. 

We need to be much quicker on the draw (and stop haggling so much over the price) if we are to pick any of these players up!!!

If we feel that we need some Premiership Experience up front on loan then how about Todorov or Henrik Pedersen?  I wonder if Man Utd would let Guiseppe Rossi out on loan to get some first team experience?

Midfield

This area of the team would be most difficult to strengthen as there isn''t too much quality about for the kind of money that we should have to spend.

Chris Brunt @ Sheff Weds (8 goals this season) and his team-mate Kenny Lunt

Dean Marney (Should of been in for him in the summer when Hull got him on a free transfer)

Alan Mahon (Burnley, who are sinking like a stone)

Kris Commons @ Forest

Glen Loovens @ Cardiff (Would be a very usefull addition as he can play as a centre-back or holding player in midfield and has plenty of scopee for further development)

Martin Rowlands @ QPR

Kevin McLeod @ Colchester

Central Defenders

I like both of Sheff Weds centre backs...  Frankie Simek and Madjid Bougherra

Elliot Ward and Mikkel Bischoff @ Coventry I also like

Carl Fletcher @ Crystal Palace

Patrick McCarthy @ Leicester (and I still feel that Kenton could do a job for us if he was brought back and got his head right)

James Perch and Wes Morgan @ Forest

Danny Higginbotham @ Stoke

Other players I would like us to have a look at if the chance came along (either on loan or permanent) are...  Christian Dailly & James Collins @ West Ham, Danny Murphy (Spurs), James Harper (Reading).

Make of those what you will...  The main problem we have however is that a lot of these players will not want to come to Norwich because of the position that the board has allowed us to slip to over the last couple of years...

If we had any kind of ambition a decent team could of been built...  I have lost count of the number of players that we have missed out on during the last few years...  The time to invest was WHEN WE WERE ON A HIGH...  by letting things fester we have made things so much more difficult for ourselves to turn things around!!!

Are you a full time scout?

I don''t know how you know so much about all these lower league players.

Billy Sharp definately, and his strike partner Keogh has looked good on tV.

Sharp looks class... a real poacher....  how much do you think he would cost?  I believe a few Premiership teams have shown interest but it looks unlikely that one will gamble on him this transfer window...

We should get him in now before his price Quadruples over the next year or two and we lose any chance we may have of securing his services!!!

You don''t need to be a full-time scout...  just keep your ear to the ground....  plenty of strikers and defenders out there that could do a job for us...  class midfielders are more difficult to come by

[quote user="Smudger"]

Sharp looks class... a real poacher....  how much do you think he would cost?  I believe a few Premiership teams have shown interest but it looks unlikely that one will gamble on him this transfer window...

We should get him in now before his price Quadruples over the next year or two and we lose any chance we may have of securing his services!!!

You don''t need to be a full-time scout...  just keep your ear to the ground....  plenty of strikers and defenders out there that could do a job for us...  class midfielders are more difficult to come by

[/quote]

So Smudger, you don''t watch Norwich any more, but this explains it, you are off watching all of these players - it couldn''t be that you haven''t seen any of them and are just making it up as usual, could it? eh

Its easy to pick players who regularly score 7 or more in the sun on a monday for the clubs chasing promotion from the league below.

The likes of Wes Morgan are at their level.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Rehash on my post from GRANTS WORDS thread (which nobody has posted a response to yet)

[/quote]Ever thought of asking yourself why no one responded?

its nice to see players that we can afford on that list i like the option of todorov up front maybe on loan and sign billy sharpe and we might be alright up front then

[quote user="Dicky"]

So Smudger, you don''t watch Norwich any more, but this explains it, you are off watching all of these players - it couldn''t be that you haven''t seen any of them and are just making it up as usual, could it? eh[/quote]

lol I would probably trust him more than our own scouts!!  Alan Wood and his lackeys have a lot to answer for.[|-)]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]looks like you have been playing football manager far to much!

GRANT OUT
[/quote]

Yeah... half those players are absolutely pants on Championship Manager 2007 however!!!

[quote user="mikemiddle"]its nice to see players that we can afford on that list i like the option of todorov up front maybe on loan and sign billy sharpe and we might be alright up front then[/quote]

Todorov is somebody I would definetly consider on loan if the cahnce ever arises (I believe he is on loan at Wigan at the moment however).

Billy Sharp looks pure class but posssibly out of our price range @ £1million plus (with Delia & Co being so tight with with the penny''s)...

Chris Porter would be my choice of target man though and I would be very interested in knowing Oldham''s asking price...

Also watch Blackpool''s Scott Vernon, Keigan Parker & Co put us out of the cup!!!

[quote user="hogesar"]You could be our scout! The best post ive seen fro myou![/quote]

Well if NCFC would like to make an offer I am looking for a new role at present!!!

Seriously though... I could make suggestions to manager and board... but I am sure that plenty of excuses would be made...  ie - we can''t afford this and we cant afford that (no matter how cheap some of the suggestions are that you put forward to them)

Who would you like to see us buy Hogesar???