Sign in to follow this  
Roasted Guniea Pig

1st Wizard

Good performance today wasn''t it! Even if they were a non-league side, still a good performance, hopefully this will put confidence into our team, and we get to the play-offs! HAVE SOME-A ''AT!

What an idiot...  Good performance???

You are far too easily pleased...  If Tamworth had a reasonable non-league forward upfront then we would of been 3-0 down by the time we had a sniff of their goal...

C**p performance, good result...  mainly down to the quality of our strikers and wide men compared to theirs...  our midfield, defence and goalkeeper were all a joke!!!

Basically it showed that Tamworth had only scored one goal in their last 5 or 6 Conference matches (and even that goal was scored by a player sitting on the bench)...  if we had of been up against a team at the top of the Conference who had a little bit of confidence, then we would of been in serious poo pooh!!!

[quote user="Roasted Guniea Pig"]Good performance today wasn''t it! Even if they were a non-league side, still a good performance, hopefully this will put confidence into our team, and we get to the play-offs! HAVE SOME-A ''AT![/quote]

Why aim it at 1st Wizard?

You were happy with that performance? I guess the Wiz, myself & others will just have to eat humble pie,geeeeeeeeeez!

A mediocre performance against a team 78 places below us,full of part time builders & plumbers & when the substitutuions were made,ie Thorne, Hughes & robinson put on it was a crap and very boring last 25 minutes!

[quote user="Smudger"]

You are far too easily pleased...  If Tamworth had a reasonable non-league forward upfront then we would of been 3-0 down by the time we had a sniff of their goal...

C**p performance, good result...  mainly down to the quality of our strikers and wide men compared to theirs...  our midfield, defence and goalkeeper were all a joke!!!

Basically it showed that Tamworth had only scored one goal in their last 5 or 6 Conference matches (and even that goal was scored by a player sitting on the bench)...  if we had of been up against a team at the top of the Conference who had a little bit of confidence, then we would of been in serious poo pooh!!!

[/quote]

It''s not often i tempted to say this to posters on here, but you are talking complete and utter b*****cks.

Give the team some support sometimes. It was job done and quite comfortably in the end.

Chelsea havent stuck even 4 past Macclesfield yet!

I''ll have to agree wholeheartedly with this post Whoareyou?, says everything. Given the pressure of having the BBC there specifically to see our players humiliate themselves and given the state of that pitch and how non straightforward these games are (anyone remember Manure v Burton last year) it was a very professional performance and, after the first twenty minutes, there was only ever going to be one winner. Smudger should think of becoming a professional ventriloquist considering how adept he is at talking out of his a**e[:D].

[quote user="Roasted Guniea Pig"]Good performance today wasn''t it! Even if they were a non-league side, still a good performance, hopefully this will put confidence into our team, and we get to the play-offs! HAVE SOME-A ''AT![/quote]

Why this is aimed at me is beyond my thinking.

I''m pleased that:

1. We''re in the next round of the cup.

2. We scored 4 goals without Earnie scoring!!.

3. No one appears to be injured.

4. Our supporters were superb and I applaud them all.

But then again, maybe you didn''t want that kind of reaction from me?.

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

Why aim it at 1st Wizard?

You were happy with that performance? I guess the Wiz, myself & others will just have to eat humble pie,geeeeeeeeeez!

A mediocre performance against a team 78 places below us,full of part time builders & plumbers & when the substitutuions were made,ie Thorne, Hughes & robinson put on it was a crap and very boring last 25 minutes!

[/quote]

Beats me too. There seems to be more competition for points on this forum than at CR these days........

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Crap performance? What are you on about.

They started off at 100mph but once we had got past the first 15-20 mins (when I''ll admit we rode our luck at times, but that always happens in these type of matches) there was only one team in it.

It was basically a thoroughly professional performane but nothing to get too exited about, can you at least admit that?

Perhaps you need to start going to games again Smudger, you''re obviously a bit rusty when it comes to reading the game!

To be fair to Wiz, if we win he is generally a happier sort of guy just as we all are. Let''s just enjoy not being this season''s FA Cup whipping boys ( for a change). Let''s let Charlton and Sheff Utd take that accolade this season [:D][:P]

The bit that makes me laugh is where smudger says about a ''reasonable non - league'' forward. I am sorry but not many conference forweards would have bagged a hat-trick today, thats why there in the conference.

We did the job, came through unscathed, just be bloody happy. God knows what you''d have said if we had lost, we won 4-1.

New Years Resolution for you.

Give credit where credits due.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Crap performance? What are you on about.

They started off at 100mph but once we had got past the first 15-20 mins (when I''ll admit we rode our luck at times, but that always happens in these type of matches) there was only one team in it.

It was basically a thoroughly professional performane but nothing to get too exited about, can you at least admit that?

Perhaps you need to start going to games again Smudger, you''re obviously a bit rusty when it comes to reading the game!

[/quote]

No I stand by what I said...  it was a c**p performance....  Dion, Earnie, Hucks, Croft and Shackell excepted...

Then again I suppose that is half a team that put in an adequate performance (or better)...  so I must admit that is very good indeed by City''s recent standards...

To pick up results week in week out against opposition at our level however we need a minimm of 9 players performing to a satisfactory level (ideally 11)...  You ain''t going to be successful at anything (apart  from beating struggling Conference sides) with half a team.

Today showed up The Doc, Gallagher, Etuhu, Safri, Drury, Thorne, Hughes & Co to be the pants that they are...  I am sure if these players were put up for sale even Tamworth wouldn''t fancy taking them of our hands!!!

conditions played a large part in todays game. I am sure on a better pitch and in better conditions the result would have been even better.as said before JOB DONE, shall we move on and address the real problems at the club.GRANT OUT

It just shows how little you know, Smudger..if you thought Doc, Gallager, Safri, Drury and Etuhu played badly today.

You have perhaps been watching too much of Chelsea on TV!!!![;)]

It wasnt crap but it wasnt great either - what it was was professional - something we are not always good at being.

It wasn''t aimed specifically at you 1st Wizard, just your sort of group, the Grant outs, the we''re crap all the time, the why do we bother type of people. You were just the first one I thought of. Indeed I expected that kind of response from you, I too am pleased. I also sort of expected a response like the one from Ronbol. "Oh we played averagely(sp) agaisnt a team 78 places below us" as you lot really do dig out the worst of things.

Fair play to you Wiz, you''ve accepted we did well for once! Ronbol however, take a chill pill, and enjoy the fact that you have a great person like me, and a great team like Norwich City in your life!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''m pleased that:

[/quote]

The fact that this title is to do with wiz, baffles me. The fact that theirs 100''s with the same opinion as his, and they werent chsoen, also baffles me. So i put the title down to a mis-nomer.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]Well thanks Wiz *blushes*Was worth the drive, I have to say - I can see this FA cup thing becoming addictive....

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''m pleased that:

[/quote]

The fact that this title is to do with wiz, baffles me. The fact that theirs 100''s with the same opinion as his, and they werent chsoen, also baffles me. So i put the title down to a mis-nomer.

[/quote]

Maybe ''Twosheds'' was to difficult to spell or maybe just a forgetable poster name

[quote user="Roasted Guniea Pig"]

It wasn''t aimed specifically at you 1st Wizard, just your sort of group, the Grant outs, the we''re crap all the time, the why do we bother type of people. You were just the first one I thought of. Indeed I expected that kind of response from you, I too am pleased. I also sort of expected a response like the one from Ronbol. "Oh we played averagely(sp) agaisnt a team 78 places below us" as you lot really do dig out the worst of things.

Fair play to you Wiz, you''ve accepted we did well for once! Ronbol however, take a chill pill, and enjoy the fact that you have a great person like me, and a great team like Norwich City in your life!

[/quote]maybe you need to take time and read the whole thread before spouting such rubbish. I have said throughout this thread that it was a pro performance and that it was job done. where have I said any different? I am not going to comment on performance because it was tamworth not bloody birmingham. but as said a good result and JOB DONE.........GRANT OUT

[quote user="Roasted Guniea Pig"]Owww, gawd. Terribly sorry Ronbol, mistook you for TwoSheds. Indeed Ronbol, as i have read your post, i agree, its TwoSheds that i don''t[/quote]

You''ve really naffed up your claims against people havent you?