Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

on that performance i wouldnt...

pay a penny for earnshaw. he was awful and i think all fears of him leaving, me included, should be well and truly put to rest. if he cant perform against tamworth he certainly wont cut it in the prem, definitely not worth 3 or 4 mill on that showing

He was pretty ineffective....but in fairness the pitch was awful. It certainly won''t do his value alot of good though.........

Imo he spent most of the match being fouled by Tamworth players and not getting a freekick.  The pitch looked awful and he seemed to struggle more than most with keeping his balance.

In fairness, I think we had more space to play as Tamworth were afraid of his pace.

Idiot... Earnie''s record speaks for itself...  Suppose that you prefer the talsimanic 37 year old as the clubs future???

The only reason Dublin got two goals today was because of how tightly Earnie was marked (thus creating wide open spaces for other players)...  he only had one chance (which I accept he should of hit the target with)...  but his runs off the ball and hold up play were first class...  Earnie did not give the ball away once in 93mins+ and that is the sign of a class player!!!

of course theres alwyas the chance he was playing to not get injured so that a premiership team who has agreed a fee doesnt oull out

jas :)

Everybody is entitled to an off day now and again, I''m sure you''ll be singing his praises again when he knocks in goal number 18 of the season!!! Remember he was keeping their defence occupied, leaving the likes of Hux and Dublin with a bit of extra space.

Well if it means no one is going to buy him, then i am happy.

Even the very best players don''t perform week in week out. Rooney is playing well at all right now but doesn''t mean he wont be next month!

Smudger yet again you revert to name calling because my opinion differs from yours! and yes i would prefer dublin to a lot of the other clowns, oh i am a bad supporter arent i? can any of the web team moderate these insults smudger continually slags people off with because they dont agree with what he says?

Smudger wrote

Idiot... Earnie''s record speaks for itself...  Suppose that you prefer the talsimanic 37 year old as the clubs future???

The only reason Dublin got two goals today was because of how tightly Earnie was marked (thus creating wide open spaces for other players)...  he only had one chance (which I accept he should of hit the target with)...  but his runs off the ball and hold up play were first class...  Earnie did not give the ball away once in 93mins+ and that is the sign of a class player!!!

Bady Boy, I received the same sort of crass reply from Smudger recently when in another thread I dared the caste some doubt on Prem clubs rushing in for Ernie’s services. I dared to comment that if any Prem reps watched Earnie in his last four games they would not have been impressed. I still stand by that and the fact that his first touch (as demonstrated again today) does let him down. It seems as if you are not allowed to post your own opinions without Smudger insulting you if he does not agree which is a pity, as he does raise valid points at times.

So how did Earnies first touch let him down today?

Did he ever give the ball away cheaply??? 

I don''t think any player on the pitch had a better first touch than Earnie...  The only other player to get the ball down and under control with ease was Lee Croft

[quote user="baldyboy"]pay a penny for earnshaw. he was awful and i think all fears of him leaving, me included, should be well and truly put to rest. if he cant perform against tamworth he certainly wont cut it in the prem, definitely not worth 3 or 4 mill on that showing[/quote]

Yes that''s right, Premiership clubs will now ignore the 17 goals Earnie''s scored already because he couldn''t score in one game on a cow field. You really know nothing about football do you!

Oh and he''s already "cut it" in the Prem, check out his stats the year WBA stayed up and we went down!

Smudger - you have that avatar and you call someone else an idiot?!!! Earnie was crap today, and his conversion rate is low this season, but we''d be stuffed without him at the moment.

[quote user="Old Boy"]Smudger - you have that avatar and you call someone else an idiot?!!!

Earnie was crap today, and his conversion rate is low this season, but we''d be stuffed without him at the moment.
[/quote]

What is wrong with my avator? 

Just because I can take the mickey out of myself as well as others?  You want to try it sometime...  it is called having a sense of humour dear boy!!!

As for conversion rates... that is how many goals you score in number of games played...

Lineker missed lots of chances as well as putting many away...  Did that make him a poor striker too???

You have to get yourself in to the space that Earnie manages to create for himself to have those chances in the first place.... a lesser player wouldn''t even manage to find the space to create so many chances for himself to miss!!!

It would take some of the pressure off Earnie if he had options of different striking partners to play alongside him.  Instead he has had to play up front on his own all season or with a 37 year old on his last legs!!!

Earnie was shocking - appalling touch, poor passing, limited movement and totally disinterested.   He haad only one chance and took the ball further away from goal than Hux cross was orginally going.

Its not a one off though - that 4 consecutive games now.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Old Boy"]Smudger - you have that avatar and you call someone else an idiot?!!! Earnie was crap today, and his conversion rate is low this season, but we''d be stuffed without him at the moment.[/quote]

What is wrong with my avator? 

[/quote]Nothing....  nothing....  nope....  can''t think of anything.I''m talking of his conversion rate per good chance BTW.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]pay a penny for earnshaw. he was awful and i think all fears of him leaving, me included, should be well and truly put to rest. if he cant perform against tamworth he certainly wont cut it in the prem, definitely not worth 3 or 4 mill on that showing[/quote]

Yes that''s right, Premiership clubs will now ignore the 17 goals Earnie''s scored already because he couldn''t score in one game on a cow field. You really know nothing about football do you!

Oh and he''s already "cut it" in the Prem, check out his stats the year WBA stayed up and we went down!

[/quote]

those stats only include games he started... i think his record is slightly more blemished if u include sub appearences

jas :)

What is the point of this thread? Is it because we scored four and Earnshaw didn''t get any? How does this sit with the "take away Earnies goals and we will be relegated brigade"? Is it out of disappointment because we won? What is wrong with people on here! We will lose plenty more games in the future when posters will have loads of opportunities to moan about performances. Yes we were expected to win, but many posters on here thought we wouldn''t and many many more didn''t think we would win comfortably.

Earnies record in the premiership is fine. He already has cut it in the prem so how can you say he certainly won''t??

I agree that this post does seem to be a tad negative given that we''re into the 4th round for the first time in something like 9 seasons...however there is room on these boards to discuss all aspects of the team and performance.

Earnie is great to watch most of the time but if he was the perfect article he would not be with us. The guy''s speed of turn was perhaps his undoing because of the poor surface. Even longer studs couldn''t give the edge to get away from the heavy marking. Fortunately we wont be playing at the Lamb again for a while...hopefully!!!

As much as I enjoy watching him...I don''t think Earnshaw is Premiership quality and at a bigger club he would live on the bench. He scores well given numerous chances each game...but in the Prem such chances are rare....and any manager would soon get frustrated with him.

Rather like Trevor Senior at Reading....he scored for fun with them (two golden boot awards)....but when he tried to move up he was a total flop. Championship is Earnie''s level and he could still make a very good living staying there

[quote user="Cluck"]

As much as I enjoy watching him...I don''t think Earnshaw is Premiership quality and at a bigger club he would live on the bench. He scores well given numerous chances each game...but in the Prem such chances are rare....and any manager would soon get frustrated with him.

Rather like Trevor Senior at Reading....he scored for fun with them (two golden boot awards)....but when he tried to move up he was a total flop. Championship is Earnie''s level and he could still make a very good living staying there

[/quote]

Except that he has scored goals in the Premiership, he''s even scored a hat-trick there, so even though everyone has a right to their opinions on players abilities, rewriting history is going a tad OTT.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Except that he has scored goals in the Premiership, he''s even scored a hat-trick there, so even though everyone has a right to their opinions on players abilities, rewriting history is going a tad OTT.

[/quote]

Oh come on Nutty.....if he was that good he would have been a permanent fixture in the West Brom side.....AND Norwich would never have been able to sign him. It''s no insult to be classed as a "championship" level player....it''s just being honest......

Cluck

I have no idea why he wasn''t a permanent fixture in the West Brom side. You would hace to ask Mr. Robson. He scored a hat-trick one week and was on the bench the next.

In WBA''s 2004/5 Premier season Earnshaw scored 14 goals in 20 starts and 14 sub appearances. So even if you class all the sub appearances as full games a return of 14 goals in 34 games for a struggling Premiership side is not the record of a player who was a total flop or even playing above his level.

Why is it necessary to devalue everything to do with the Club we all say we support.

nt call a player who hardly saw the ball awful, he got one shot (i cant remember any more) and did not get the ball because dublin was the main man and did very well.

Earnie is at his best when the ball is played at pace on the ground largely through the middle. We didn''t play that sort of game on sat and the few times we tried it (when Etuhu bothered to get forward a bit) it actually looked quite dangerous. Our game plan on Sat seemed to be to bang the ball long which is why Dion got the plaudits.

However despite this I thought that Earnie did try to come deep to get the ball and loked good when he had it.  It just didn''t happen enough.