Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Tamworth fans comments on the game .......and a nasty shock!

Quite interesting reading on the " Tamworth FC Fans Forum " about yesterday''s adventure.....

Generally the Lambs fans appear quite complimentary about Norwich City, just one or two isolated niggles about Dion''s '' professionalism '' and kiss-blowing when substituted, but most think he''s a class act. ( wouldn''t disagree there ). In most peoples opinion yesterday is what the FA Cup is all about -- big club has culture shock visiting little club, little club comes out all guns blazing, class gap tells in the end, etc,etc.

A good day out was had by all except that for some it was spoiled.......in a big way. It seems that late last night an armed raid was carried out on the Tamworth clubhouse resulting in property being stolen, but, more importantly, leaving staff traumatised.

The club asks that no comments are made on the above message board, as police are investigating the matter, but it''s a real shame that their big day should end in such unfortunate circumstances......

do you know what they refer to as an ''armed'' raid? Because that makes it sound as if the police done it, but then you said police are investigating the matter etc...

As moderator of the tamworth fans forum I have asked that we do not discuss this, as we all know the victims -

"Just to confirm an armed robbery did take place at the clubhouse last night, and a small amount of cash was taken along with personal effects from the staff and volunteers present at the end of the night.

Nobody was physically hurt but, naturally they are very distressed at this time and our thoughts go out to them.

Until an official statement is made by the club or police can I ask that no further comments are made on the forum, as naturally this could hamper the police investigation. (not to mention those who did this would love the fuss!)

Anybody with any valid information please contact Tamworth Police or crimestoppers.

I hope we as a club, a family, can pull together and support the victims at this terrible time, following what was one of our greatest days in history.Our utmost concern must be in supporting them, and catching those responsible.

Thanks"

[quote user="Black sheep TFC"]

As moderator of the tamworth fans forum I have asked that we do not discuss this, as we all know the victims -

"Just to confirm an armed robbery did take place at the clubhouse last night, and a small amount of cash was taken along with personal effects from the staff and volunteers present at the end of the night.

Nobody was physically hurt but, naturally they are very distressed at this time and our thoughts go out to them.

Until an official statement is made by the club or police can I ask that no further comments are made on the forum, as naturally this could hamper the police investigation. (not to mention those who did this would love the fuss!)

Anybody with any valid information please contact Tamworth Police or crimestoppers.

I hope we as a club, a family, can pull together and support the victims at this terrible time, following what was one of our greatest days in history.Our utmost concern must be in supporting them, and catching those responsible.

Thanks"

[/quote]

Black Sheep....Please accept my apologies if I''ve inadvertently opened up a debate on this. I appreciate that it is a delicate subject but I was under the impression that it was only at your end that discussion was being discouraged.

I only posted this on here -- and I think I speak on behalf of all decent fans -- because I was shocked that this had happened. I will of course respect your wishes so that as far as I''m concerned the subject is now closed -- unless I hear otherwise-- but we all hope that nobody suffers any long term effects from this and that the authorities quickly deal with the culprits.

Best wishes and my apologies once again.

thanks for the best wishes. Unfortunately it has seen some sick b*''s posting so called ''jokes'' on our forum.

Some people don''t think before they engage brain (if they have one) these are our friends, family. Nobody can comprehend whats going through their minds having had shotguns held to their head. Its the sort of stuff that you see on the news, often with terrible endings. Thankfully nobody was physically hurt.

Had it been the week before, the new years eve party, many familys were in the club partying long into the night, in the absence of any taxi''s. Had kids been there this week, it doesn''t bear thinking about.

Anyway, all the best at Blackpool

I want to put forward firstly my best wishes for sorting out this horrendous occurance, and secondly to give my sincerest apologies.

For I yesterday made a "joke" comment about Jurgen Colin and the Tamworth woman photographer.

The "joke" was made in jest, but yes, i appreciate the link for posting was perhaps inappropriate.