Sign in to follow this  
LGC Canary

Sunderland game

Can anyone tell me why we only got 2300 or thereabouts for the Sunderland game?

If Crewe can give us 2200 when ground only holds around 10000, why can''t Sunderland give us more when their stadium holds 48000?

Is it because they thought they could sell out the home sections or because they didn''t want too much support for us?

Is there a chance they''ll allocate some more when it gets nearer the time of the rearranged fixture? Living in North Herts, I have booked the day of the game and the following day off work, in the hope that they do.

Yeah I must admit that this thought did cross my mind also as to why with such a high ground capacity we have only been allocated the meagre amount. Hope by then that they are out of the promotion race and therefore they may then decide to give us more.

Its probably because it is the same allocation as the original match which was both in the evening and on telly. It was also a while before the end of the season. As it is going to be so close to the end of the season now it may be a good idea to ask for more, but obviously that depends how the sales are going.

I have got mine as I was one of the sad people who went up the night before.

Hi

Sunderland fan here, does seem rather strange that we have only allocated you such a small number of tickets, to be honest i did not realise Norwich had that good away support to sell more, i suppose it could be a very important game though for both sides so demand will be high, just hope you can drop some points before we play ya so the game has some real importance attached to it.

our away support only gets large for close games - the original sunderland game we only sold 15oo seats, cardiff we only took 1000, burnley this saturday only 1800, 220 still left...... Then look at Watford we sold 4000 in 48 hours, crystal palace we sold 7500...

Probably dependent on the importance of the match, I hope it isn''t by the time it is played.