Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

Delia where r u?

Cluck, or indeed Boudicca.Don''t you just love correcting the spellling in spell correcting posts. Especially when it comes people who are likely to bemoan the modern educational system for not teaching spelling or grammer correctly. (Just the impression I get of cluck, not sure why. I see him as an old guy shacking his walking stick at his computer screen, saying "youth today, honestly." If he isn''t then I''m sorry, but maybe he should consider the look, it is a good one.) If you spot any grammatical or spelling mistakes here, they are, of course, deliberate. Also I''m still in full time education.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluck"]

Errrr......try telling the national press and just about everybody around the country I bump into to forget it first! It''s cast in stone and will haunt us for as long as DS reigns supreme. Had it been a comedian it may have been somewhat more amusing....but a tv cook?

AND....as our "spiritual leader" SOB (although I think it should be Boudica...Boadicea being a Victorian corruption)....you would have every right to address us in such a manner............[:)]

[/quote]

Can you not just shrug it off? We''re all proud to support our club (regardless of our current position), what does it matter if some jumped up little mockney Chelski fan thinks it''s funny to shout "let''s be avin you" every time NCFC are mentioned. You''re an intelligent man, can''t you think of a witty retort regarding the rather dubious way in which their club is financed (nothing too libellous there me thinks!).

For somebody who rails against the evils of political correctness you seem to be quite easily offended!

[/quote]

That''s fair enough in alot of ways.... The truth is the jibe doesn''t injure me as a person at all....but it does damage the public perception of NCFC and that matters....You can''t follow Norwich for 40 years up and down the country without taking endless flak about "who we are" and "how we daft Naaarfuk people talk". It''s good fun and I wouldn''t have it any other way.....all harmless banter.

My issue is that Norwich City no longer represents our fine city any more...it represents Delia Smith. It''s a tabloid thing and is used by all and sundry to lampoon "little old Norwich". It works....and we as a club have become gutless and politically correct in keeping with our figurehead''s clean celebrity image. We must be first and last a football team recognisable by our "place" and the players on the pitch....and that is never going to happen as long as things stay as they are at CR.

We need to move on....and get back our identity.

Cluck - I cannot fault your reasoning or logic on this at all. As far as the Boadicea/Boudicca arguement goes I am again in 100% agreement with you, "Sons of Boadicea" is the military arm of The Norfolk Nationalist Party, as you correctly state "Boudicca" is the correct name but for political puposes my associate and I (as co-founders of the NNP) felt that "Sons of Boadicea" scanned much better. The NNP is an interesting political animal in as much as if you are from Norfolk, or born of Norfolk stock you are automatically a member, we are proud of our heritage and we feel there is no price that could match the good fortune of being a good old Norfolk boy or girl. The SOB is a different kettle of womabts entirely, if you wish to join then you have to go through a very tough selection process.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Cluck - I cannot fault your reasoning or logic on this at all. As far as the Boadicea/Boudicca arguement goes I am again in 100% agreement with you, "Sons of Boadicea" is the military arm of The Norfolk Nationalist Party, as you correctly state "Boudicca" is the correct name but for political puposes my associate and I (as co-founders of the NNP) felt that "Sons of Boadicea" scanned much better. The NNP is an interesting political animal in as much as if you are from Norfolk, or born of Norfolk stock you are automatically a member, we are proud of our heritage and we feel there is no price that could match the good fortune of being a good old Norfolk boy or girl. The SOB is a different kettle of womabts entirely, if you wish to join then you have to go through a very tough selection process.[/quote]

Cheers for that SOB....and I was only trying to be a smart arse with the "Boudicca" bit. Just a shame I didn''t spell it right eh?.........[:$] 

When I move back home permanently in the summer I will apply to join this merry band of "Norfolkmen". I''m game for any initiation as long as it doesn''t involve my bottom...........[:)]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"]Delia did not attend the game, anybody know why.

This women is like a TV magnet, she loves the attention she gets. So why was she not there today?

or is it she just likes the top grounds we visit in the championship with plenty of liquid to get merry!

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]did you go ?  ronbol ronbol[/quote]

no, but i am not a club director and celebrity cook. I am just pointing out that this was a very big day for tamworth and she was not in attendance. They would have loved for her to have been there.

[/quote]

Didn''t you see a cardboard cutout of her draped in Tamworth colours - in the front row!?

OTBC

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"]Delia did not attend the game, anybody know why.

This women is like a TV magnet, she loves the attention she gets. So why was she not there today?

or is it she just likes the top grounds we visit in the championship with plenty of liquid to get merry!

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]did you go ?  ronbol ronbol[/quote]

no, but i am not a club director and celebrity cook. I am just pointing out that this was a very big day for tamworth and she was not in attendance. They would have loved for her to have been there.

[/quote]

Didn''t you see a cardboard cut-out of her draped in Tamworth colours - in the front row!?

By the way, does she qualify as a Daughter of Boadicea, DOB.  - and hence, presumably as a member of SOB''s Norfolk Nationalist Party. If so, then...........[^o)]

OTBC

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluck"]

Errrr......try telling the national press and just about everybody around the country I bump into to forget it first! It''s cast in stone and will haunt us for as long as DS reigns supreme. Had it been a comedian it may have been somewhat more amusing....but a tv cook?

AND....as our "spiritual leader" SOB (although I think it should be Boudica...Boadicea being a Victorian corruption)....you would have every right to address us in such a manner............[:)]

[/quote]

Can you not just shrug it off? We''re all proud to support our club (regardless of our current position), what does it matter if some jumped up little mockney Chelski fan thinks it''s funny to shout "let''s be avin you" every time NCFC are mentioned. You''re an intelligent man, can''t you think of a witty retort regarding the rather dubious way in which their club is financed (nothing too libellous there me thinks!).

For somebody who rails against the evils of political correctness you seem to be quite easily offended!

[/quote]

That''s fair enough in alot of ways.... The truth is the jibe doesn''t injure me as a person at all....but it does damage the public perception of NCFC and that matters....You can''t follow Norwich for 40 years up and down the country without taking endless flak about "who we are" and "how we daft Naaarfuk people talk". It''s good fun and I wouldn''t have it any other way.....all harmless banter.

My issue is that Norwich City no longer represents our fine city any more...it represents Delia Smith. It''s a tabloid thing and is used by all and sundry to lampoon "little old Norwich". It works....and we as a club have become gutless and politically correct in keeping with our figurehead''s clean celebrity image. We must be first and last a football team recognisable by our "place" and the players on the pitch....and that is never going to happen as long as things stay as they are at CR.

We need to move on....and get back our identity.

[/quote]

I think you''ve hit the nail on the head there with your comment that "it''s a tabloid thing". Just because The Sun decides to describe us as "Delia''s Norwich" doesn''t mean that the rest of the footballing world sees us this way. It just means that they get an endless stream of cookery puns to use which, although annoying to us, are probably ignored by most people who by now have heard it all before.All it really is is a mechanism to enable it''s readers to identify with a club with they would otherwise pay no attention to.

You say it damages the public perception of NCFC but to a certain extent we''ve always been ''little old Norwich'', long before Delia arrived. I went to school in Norfolk in the 80''s and was surrounded by other kids who supported the ''big clubs'' such as Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs, most would not consider supporting the club just a few miles down the road. Added to that, we were patronised to within an inch of our lives when we won the Milk Cup in 1985 and what sort of language do you think the BBC used to describe us on our European run. That''s right "plucky little Norwich", then same words they use now to describe Reading, Wigan or whatever team they think are punching above their weight.

In my opinion Delia made a mistake when she went on Match of the Day, or whatever progrramme wanted to interview her next, and told everyone how fabulous the Premiership was and how we were glad to be here  etc etc. However, do you really think that opposition managers would have used this as some kind of motivation for their players so that it actually helped contruibute to our relegation?

Lastly, could you please explain how our club has become politically correct? I only mentioned it in my original post because I know how much it winds you up!

BBB - I do not believe that Delia is of Norfolk stock so she does not qualify for the NNP, and she certainly would never be considered for the SOB as I doubt she would get through the selection process. You have to view anybody not of Norfolk stock, living near Stowmarket and been photographed wearing an Ippo scarf (whatever the circumstances) with a certain amount of suspicion[;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

In my opinion Delia made a mistake when she went on Match of the Day, or whatever progrramme wanted to interview her next, and told everyone how fabulous the Premiership was and how we were glad to be here  etc etc. However, do you really think that opposition managers would have used this as some kind of motivation for their players so that it actually helped contruibute to our relegation?

[/quote]

It''s not just about that though, Shack. It''s the whole psycology. It''s a negative attitude, and this sort of thing filters throughout the whole club, especially when someone from the top (i.e - Delia) continually rambles on about it. It spreads down through the players - which is most vital as we have a team which doesn''t have any fight or passion - and the fans, and it has worked with many of the supporters - we now actually BELIEVE we are little Norwich, and that Delia saved us and so on...

This is my own theory but why do you think we lay down so easily as a club? We always back down with everything, from transfers to penalty shootouts! We are so soft now, and everyone views us little Norwich, the pushovers.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

It''s not just about that though, Shack. It''s the whole psycology. It''s a negative attitude, and this sort of thing filters throughout the whole club, especially when someone from the top (i.e - Delia) continually rambles on about it. It spreads down through the players - which is most vital as we have a team which doesn''t have any fight or passion - and the fans, and it has worked with many of the supporters - we now actually BELIEVE we are little Norwich, and that Delia saved us and so on...

This is my own theory but why do you think we lay down so easily as a club? We always back down with everything, from transfers to penalty shootouts! We are so soft now, and everyone views us little Norwich, the pushovers.

[/quote]

Sorry but I just find it hard to believe that everybody at the club (players, managers, board, fans, coaches, teal ladies etc.) are being conditioned to believe that we are ''little ole Norwich'' just because of a few things said by one person. Delia made those comments in the Premiership and I agree with that they were misguided but you will have a hard job convincing me that they are to blame for the position we are in right now.

The thing about Delia saving us is a completely different matter. The supporters who believe this are surely just guilty of not bothering to find out the facts, it''s not as if they''re hidden within the bowels of Carrow Road in a safe is it?