Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

Delia where r u?

Delia did not attend the game, anybody know why.This women is like a TV magnet, she loves the attention she gets. So why was she not there today?or is it she just likes the top grounds we visit in the championship with plenty of liquid to get merry!SACK GRANT NOW

Maybe shes on holiday, Maybe she has the flu bug.

She doesn''t miss many home or away games does she?

[quote user="Chapman Baxter"]Why would it be interesting? Presumably she had another commitment. Any excuse for a dig.

[S]

[/quote]it''s not a dig just the fact it was expected she would attend. tamworth fans had an interest to see her and i am sure she would have loved the attention.I only hope she did not go in case we lost the match and she was afraid the city fans would turn against her.

[quote user="Chapman Baxter"]Why would it be interesting? Presumably she had another commitment. Any excuse for a dig.

[S]

[/quote]

I''m pretty certain that she had good reason not to go today as she would have been there otherwise.

She may have here faults but deliberately snubbing a small club on what must have been one of their biggest days ever is not her style at all.......

If  she appeared  when we won   ..... she would be accused  of  only  coming into public  view when we win !    

As for the poster who  accused her of being a drunk ......... a cheap shot ,  your a disgrace !  

It''s a shame she didn''t come she missed out on a bacon sarnie...and a 4-1 for Norwich.Good game by the way, best team won

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="Chapman Baxter"]Why would it be interesting? Presumably she had another commitment. Any excuse for a dig.

[S]

[/quote]

it''s not a dig just the fact it was expected she would attend. tamworth fans had an interest to see her and i am sure she would have loved the attention.
I only hope she did not go in case we lost the match and she was afraid the city fans would turn against her.

[/quote]

That''s a ridiculous post from someone who obviously doesn''t go to away games. I am not criticising you for not going but if you did go you would know that Delia, MWJ, Doncaster and Munby don''t hide from the fans even after the most disappointing away performances of recent years!

Any excuse for a dig seems about right to me!

Maybe she was finalising a deal for George Best. Who cares why she wasn’t there. Get over it. I''m sure if she was there you''d be arguing that she''s wasting her time at Tamworth when she could be over seeing a transfer, or adding to the clubs - millions.

These unsubstantiated anti Delia/Club posts are boring the hell out of me and others. Please substantiate ramblings going forward.

Yours,

Bored

Where do you think she was ?? Here are a few options,

1) Round mine eating a cheese and pickle sandwich, watching it on the box.

2) A wine tasting party.

3) Watching a video of her appearance on Jonathan Ross.

4) At the Chester v Ipswich game.

5) Reading the message boards and thinking to herself " why do I bother ".

6) Out to lunch with Nigel, his treat ( he must have some of the 600k left! )

7) Outside Tamworth ground in disguise selling those priceless Tamworth/Norwich scarfs.

8) Auditioning to be chosen to pick the balls out of the bag for the fourth round draw.

9) Inventing an automatic egg shell peeler.

10) Or - none of the above, but if you choose this option you must state where YOU think she was!

ps I was going to put a bet on the bookies for Norwich to win 5 - 1 but decided to keep my money, didnt enjoy the last few minutes !

Ok Mr Doncaster, time to set your Satnav - and see if you can visit every league ground before the 31st of January......Then, the fans will eagerly await with ''balti breath'' a vivid account of your experiences and how unfortunate we were to lose out on replacement players.

If Delia had her way, "Blarneymeister ''a fiddley diddley dee - guaranteed relegation wid me'' Hamilton" would still be operating the ''where do we go now?'' rudderless steering wheel on the good ship Carra.

CLUB SAVIOUR = Mr Watling..........

Another unsubstantiated post for you to be bored with........enjoy. 

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]
it''s not a dig just the fact it was expected she would attend. tamworth fans had an interest to see her and i am sure she would have loved the attention.
I only hope she did not go in case we lost the match and she was afraid the city fans would turn against her.

[/quote]

So the following is not a dig: 

"This women is like a TV magnet, she loves the attention she gets. So why was she not there today? or is it she just likes the top grounds we visit in the championship with plenty of liquid to get merry!"

Hmmm. It sounds pretty close to one to me. 

I guess I would be expected to put my five eggs worth in on this thread.....so not to disappoint.........[;)]

I''d like to think that DS has finally seen what her "up front" support for the club has done to our image. Had she been there we would have been treated to endless "zoom in" shots of her celebrity "aura" and umpteen sarky comments from an already cynical bunch of tv pundits just gagging for us to lose. The Tamworth crowd would have been making the usual "let''s be avin you" jibes.....and in effect it would have been Tamworth versus Delia Smith. The game would in effect have been highjacked by one person.

Instead we just had Norwich City on the pitch....and Peter Grant attracting the public eye. Personally I thought we were better for it....and I was more than happy that the players were the sole centre of attention rather than one member of the crowd.

I know it''s not her fault that people have this modern day obsession with celebrity....but a back seat role from now on would help the club find it''s original identity once more....as a believable football club representing a fine city.....the very thing I started supporting all those years ago........

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]Delia did not attend the game, anybody know why.

This women is like a TV magnet, she loves the attention she gets. So why was she not there today?

or is it she just likes the top grounds we visit in the championship with plenty of liquid to get merry!

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]did you go ?  ronbol ronbol

[quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"]Delia did not attend the game, anybody know why.This women is like a TV magnet, she loves the attention she gets. So why was she not there today?or is it she just likes the top grounds we visit in the championship with plenty of liquid to get merry!SACK GRANT NOW[/quote]did you go ?  ronbol ronbol[/quote]no, but i am not a club director and

celebrity cook. I am just pointing out that this was a very big day for tamworth and she was not in attendance. They would have loved for her to have been there.

I don''t know why Delia wasn''t at Tamworth. I would guess she was either away or couldn''t go for personal reasons. I think she would have gone otherwise, because like the rest of us she wouldn''t have wanted to stay home and watch on tv or the wireless.

Mello makes a very good point on here about the fact Delia isn''t our saviour. He is totally correct in stating that it was Geoffrey Watling that saved the club. It was only the fact that Geoffrey Watling brought Chase''s shares and put up seven-figure guarantees at the bank that kept the wolves from the door. It was after the club was saved that Delia and MWJ were invited to invest in the club for a seat on the board.

Delia''s support for this football club is the same as any other fan. I can say with 100% certainty that thre is no ulterior motive in her "up front support" on her part. I have sympathy with Clucks point of view because I agree that her presence at this match in particular would have attracted the media spotlight away from both teams. But where Cluck and I would probably disagree is that I believe that Delia doesn''t promote her own publicity and in fact tries to avoid it. However the club is quite happy to promote her publicity and does very well out of it. Yes I know Delia and MWJ are majority shareholders but that doesn''t mean they make all the decisions. In fact I believe the only decisions they are party to are the appointment of people they trust to run the various parts of Norwich City Football Club.

Delia doesn''t just visit the top clubs ronbol ronbol, I am a sad fan who goes to as many games as possible (because I choose to) and I am used to seeing Delia from time to time sitting with the fans. I remember a Tuesday night match at Stockport a few years ago, Delia was sat with us, and the liquid was a panda pop lemonade. But she didn''t promote publicity for being there so if you weren''t there you would have missed it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t know why Delia wasn''t at Tamworth. I would guess she was either away or couldn''t go for personal reasons. I think she would have gone otherwise, because like the rest of us she wouldn''t have wanted to stay home and watch on tv or the wireless.

Mello makes a very good point on here about the fact Delia isn''t our saviour. He is totally correct in stating that it was Geoffrey Watling that saved the club. It was only the fact that Geoffrey Watling brought Chase''s shares and put up seven-figure guarantees at the bank that kept the wolves from the door. It was after the club was saved that Delia and MWJ were invited to invest in the club for a seat on the board.

Delia''s support for this football club is the same as any other fan. I can say with 100% certainty that thre is no ulterior motive in her "up front support" on her part. I have sympathy with Clucks point of view because I agree that her presence at this match in particular would have attracted the media spotlight away from both teams. But where Cluck and I would probably disagree is that I believe that Delia doesn''t promote her own publicity and in fact tries to avoid it. However the club is quite happy to promote her publicity and does very well out of it. Yes I know Delia and MWJ are majority shareholders but that doesn''t mean they make all the decisions. In fact I believe the only decisions they are party to are the appointment of people they trust to run the various parts of Norwich City Football Club.

Delia doesn''t just visit the top clubs ronbol ronbol, I am a sad fan who goes to as many games as possible (because I choose to) and I am used to seeing Delia from time to time sitting with the fans. I remember a Tuesday night match at Stockport a few years ago, Delia was sat with us, and the liquid was a panda pop lemonade. But she didn''t promote publicity for being there so if you weren''t there you would have missed it.

[/quote]

Who was the shrinking violet that waded into the fans very publicly over the PA system by announcing "Come on....let''s be avin you" then?........A Deliadoppelganger perhaps?.....Doomcaster in drag?

She loves it......

Who was the shrinking violet that waded into the fans very publicly over the PA system by announcing "Come on....let''s be avin you" then?........A Deliadoppelganger perhaps?.....Doomcaster in drag?

She loves it......Cluck

------------------------------------------------------------------

How long ago was this ?    and your  STILL  harping on about it !   whats the matter with you ?  

According to a Club spokesman over on the official site Delia did not attend due to a ''long-standing family commitment''

Roger Mumby did go.

[quote user="Cluck"]

She loves it......

[/quote]I''m sure you''ve never done anything embarassing when under the influence, Cluck? But then you are oh so perfect and know everything, so I guess not...If Delia was an attention-craving child, why is it that the minority calling for the boards head also criticise her for being silent and absent during these difficult times? Which is it to be? She can''t be both in hiding and shamelessly self-publicising at the same time, can she?She may have her faults, but most clubs in the land would give their back teeth to have a majority shareholder who shows as much passion as Delia.  This club is not just an investment to her, like it would be with a Mandaric, etc, it''s a way of life and she enjoys supporting us.  Can''t fault her for that... but I''m sure some will try...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Cluck"]

She loves it......

[/quote]

I''m sure you''ve never done anything embarassing when under the influence, Cluck? But then you are oh so perfect and know everything, so I guess not...

If Delia was an attention-craving child, why is it that the minority calling for the boards head also criticise her for being silent and absent during these difficult times? Which is it to be? She can''t be both in hiding and shamelessly self-publicising at the same time, can she?

She may have her faults, but most clubs in the land would give their back teeth to have a majority shareholder who shows as much passion as Delia.  This club is not just an investment to her, like it would be with a Mandaric, etc, it''s a way of life and she enjoys supporting us.  Can''t fault her for that... but I''m sure some will try...
[/quote]

You really have got a bad dose of "spin-itis" Monkey.....

I''ve quite clearly stated that I would far rather she stayed in the shadows and have no "beef" about her being absent from events at Tamworth. On the day it was Tamworth versus Norwich....not Tamworth versus Delia Smith. That suits me fine.

As for being sloshed and embarassing? For a start I don''t drink....and secondly I''ve never tried to barrack 240000 paying customers live on television over a public address system. It takes a special kind of arrogance to do that....

Simple Reason Delia wasnt there was that if we had lost it would of bee her mug all over the papers and TV wouldnt it?

i wouldnt say she was hiding.. but maybe fearing the backlash?

jas :)

Delia is in a "no win" situation, if she is very "public" she gets slated for being "attention seeking", if she takes a back seat she gets slated for not showing her face, I would not want to swap places with her in a million years. Whilst I agree with what Cluck says about grabbing the mike at half time against Man City (imagine if I had tried that stunt, my celtic backside would have been booted out of the ground sharpish) as Shedded states it was nearly three years ago, we really ought to have got over it by now!! I do not post as someone who believes that Delia is the saviour of Norwich City, but as somebody who believes in cutting people a bit of slack....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Delia is in a "no win" situation, if she is very "public" she gets slated for being "attention seeking", if she takes a back seat she gets slated for not showing her face, I would not want to swap places with her in a million years. Whilst I agree with what Cluck says about grabbing the mike at half time against Man City (imagine if I had tried that stunt, my celtic backside would have been booted out of the ground sharpish) as Shedded states it was nearly three years ago, we really ought to have got over it by now!! I do not post as someone who believes that Delia is the saviour of Norwich City, but as somebody who believes in cutting people a bit of slack....

[/quote]

Errrr......try telling the national press and just about everybody around the country I bump into to forget it first! It''s cast in stone and will haunt us for as long as DS reigns supreme. Had it been a comedian it may have been somewhat more amusing....but a tv cook?

AND....as our "spiritual leader" SOB (although I think it should be Boudica...Boadicea being a Victorian corruption)....you would have every right to address us in such a manner............[:)]

[quote user="Cluck"]

Errrr......try telling the national press and just about everybody around the country I bump into to forget it first! It''s cast in stone and will haunt us for as long as DS reigns supreme. Had it been a comedian it may have been somewhat more amusing....but a tv cook?

AND....as our "spiritual leader" SOB (although I think it should be Boudica...Boadicea being a Victorian corruption)....you would have every right to address us in such a manner............[:)]

[/quote]

Can you not just shrug it off? We''re all proud to support our club (regardless of our current position), what does it matter if some jumped up little mockney Chelski fan thinks it''s funny to shout "let''s be avin you" every time NCFC are mentioned. You''re an intelligent man, can''t you think of a witty retort regarding the rather dubious way in which their club is financed (nothing too libellous there me thinks!).

For somebody who rails against the evils of political correctness you seem to be quite easily offended!