Sign in to follow this  
Green army

What's The Point?

What is the point of this club?

What are ncfc''s ambitions?

These are questions us the fans know how to awnser.....but the board is another question??

Are norwich going down the path of one of these selling clubs, sell earnshaw, sell safri then yes we pretty much are!!

No ambition by the board, i say delia an the rest of board please step down, we ned a new investor, please we need something??

ncfc 4 life

I agree, but the real problem are people like doomcaster and munby. they have become stail and live life in there own little empires that they have built.safe in the knowledge that whilst delia is majority shareholder they have no pressure, much like worthington had and i''m sure PG will be given.This club is sinking fast, debts mounting (managable debt if you speak to doomcaster). The club is enjoying the best ever gates in modern times. yet still loosing money hand over fist.This can only lie with the board of directors who need replacing.someone fresh needs to be appointed chairman, someone with fresh ideas and a new outlook. someone who can tell the other members exactly how it is. 

Are Norwich going down the path of one of these selling clubs? Where have you been for the last 30 years? If you are fairly young then many wont remember City have been selling there top players for donkeys years!

[quote user="TwoSheds"]Are Norwich going down the path of one of these selling clubs? Where have you been for the last 30 years? If you are fairly young then many wont remember City have been selling there top players for donkeys years![/quote]

With the exception of Man Utd and Chelsea I would say all clubs are selling clubs to a degree, The big worry is in the past we have produced good players to sell and/or replaced the solds... where are these lads?

Green army, If there are people who wan''t to invest or buy our club they will approach the board and we will know all about it.  What we need is to get real in our expectations of our club.  First we need to be big enough to support good players from the generated income that comes from our gates.  This needs to at least to be 35000 plus.  When we can do that then we can be taken seriously enough to attract prospective buyers, then they need to of the right type, ie. not asset strippers. We must get real in our expectations and aspirations.  OTBC!!!

beelsie, you know that you and I are on the same wavelength with respect to the point you make. Also, although the Norwich Board appear to be out of favour with a few at the moment, maybe they too realise the point you make  beelsie and are steadily trying to move us in that direction. In other words maybe they believe "if they build it, the people will come."

Drinkell, to your point, perhaps the lads we need are out there but we have not been doing our job diligently enough over the past number of years. I don''t mean that those responsible have not been trying, but trying is not good enough because that''s what every other club believes they are doing in seeking out young and relatively inexpensive talent, particularly from lower leagues who have the potential if provided with the right opportunity and coaching. An example is Dave Kitson of Reading. Although he has been out of action this season due to injury last season he was a powerful striker in leading the Reading attack. Yet 3 or 4 years ago he was was dumped by Hitchin and then acquired by Reading for only 150,000 from Cambridge. If we are going to beat many clubs out in seeking like acquisitions then we need our manager and scouts to demonstrate a passion that appears, for all intents and purposes, to have been absent during the past few seasons.

[quote user="beelsie"]Green army, If there are people who wan''t to invest or buy our club they will approach the board and we will know all about it.  What we need is to get real in our expectations of our club.  First we need to be big enough to support good players from the generated income that comes from our gates.  This needs to at least to be 35000 plus.  When we can do that then we can be taken seriously enough to attract prospective buyers, then they need to of the right type, ie. not asset strippers. We must get real in our expectations and aspirations.  OTBC!!![/quote]

What utter rubbish beelsie...

If our current board had any interest in fresh investors buying out part of the club then they would make it known that their shares are up for sale...

If you want to fall for the clubs line of PR spin that anybody interested in buying the club would be knocking on Carow Castle''s doors with a yellow & green scarf around kneck and cheque in hand then that is up to you...

Many others can see past this however and can see that other clubs that are actively seeking a buyer and fresh nvestment are getting interested parties contacting them!!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

What about Milan Manderic???

he is no asset stripper and has a deep love of the game of football.

[/quote]

I have a suggestion for those who seem to think Delia and co should be sending an SOS to Milan Mandaric to give us a squillion pounds and everything will be alright.

One of you write to him and ask.

Delia is happy with her investment and has no apparant wish to sell. Fair enough. So if you''re so desperate to see her given an offer for her shares and Mandaric is your great white hope, then contact the man and ask the question, then you can rule him out and stop wondering or bring his millions to the club.

My personal view is that he''s an intelligent man and if he was interested in the club he would have come forward by now, which means he isn''t interested, but if one of you can prove otherwise, by all means go ahead and try.

You are correct blahblahblah, Milan is still in talks with Leicester and looks like he will take control in the next couple of weeks.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?back=true&key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|545923212007425757931&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

So unlike Delia & Co Leicester''s owners have actually expressed their fears for the future and actively seeked fresh investment.

Whether Delia likes it or not that time is also fast approaching at NCFC and while she may of missed a great opportunity to approach a prospective buyer in Milan Mandaric I believe that it is inevitable that the shareholders here will seek a strategic withdrawl as the pressure in Norfolk and Nationwide mounts on them and NCFC.

Delia should been out there looking for opportunities to save face while she had the chance, instead of burying her head in the sand and relying on the foolhardy nature of the majority of City''s fans & her notorious PR spin to sweep things under the carpet!!!

There is a rumour that Milan Mandaric plans to install the Worthy one as manager if he takes over at Leicester!

Now, wouldn''t that be interesting?!

OTBC

And pray tell, how do you know that she isn''t doing that very thing?  I doubt very much she would publicly say so if she was, that would merely reduce the value of her holding - not a smart move.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]And pray tell, how do you know that she isn''t doing that very thing?  I doubt very much she would publicly say so if she was, that would merely reduce the value of her holding - not a smart move.[/quote]

Well according to Delia''s moutpiece Doomcaster she ain''t doing nothing...  like you they seem to think that people should approach them...

Isn''t hard to see that you have been fed their line of spin and swallowed it hook, line and sinker is it???

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

There is a rumour that Milan Mandaric plans to install the Worthy one as manager if he takes over at Leicester!

OTBC

[/quote]

I have heard that rumour too...  bet Worthy is laughing up his sleave as we speak...

Am sure that Milan Mandaric won''t baulk at a £1million asking price for a new striker when the Worthy knocks on his door!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]And pray tell, how do you know that she isn''t doing that very thing?  I doubt very much she would publicly say so if she was, that would merely reduce the value of her holding - not a smart move.[/quote]

Well according to Delia''s moutpiece Doomcaster she ain''t doing nothing...  like you they seem to think that people should approach them...

Isn''t hard to see that you have been fed their line of spin and swallowed it hook, line and sinker is it???

[/quote]

And where in my post does it suggest that I have swallowed the spin? And where do I say that I think people should approach them?  I was merely asking a reasonable question as to how you KNOW, for certain, that Delia is not looking to sell her shares.  You have failed to give me a satisfactory answer to that question, as saying that Neil Doncaster (to give him his proper name) said she isn''t doing anything hardly counts - again, telling all and sundry what all your plans are is not particularly good practice, is it?

I am a fence-sitter on this one, I am not of the opinion that change is necessarily the answer to our problems, but neither do I believe that all is well within the club.  Christ, it has become impossible to have reasoned debate on here now.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I have heard that rumour too...  bet Worthy is laughing up his sleave as we speak...

Am sure that Milan Mandaric won''t baulk at a £1million asking price for a new striker when the Worthy knocks on his door!!!

[/quote]

Pity that Striker is likely to be of the quality of Zema abbey or Marc Libbra isnt it?

jas :)

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

And where in my post does it suggest that I have swallowed the spin? And where do I say that I think people should approach them?  I was merely asking a reasonable question as to how you KNOW, for certain, that Delia is not looking to sell her shares.  You have failed to give me a satisfactory answer to that question, as saying that Neil Doncaster (to give him his proper name) said she isn''t doing anything hardly counts - again, telling all and sundry what all your plans are is not particularly good practice, is it?

I am a fence-sitter on this one, I am not of the opinion that change is necessarily the answer to our problems, but neither do I believe that all is well within the club.  Christ, it has become impossible to have reasoned debate on here now.

[/quote]

As the only official way to ask Delia such pertinent questions is through Mr Doncaster...

Then when Mr Donacaster tells me on the phone that the club would expect any prospective investors to approach the club directly (with a city scarf in hand and declaring their undying love to the club and city) then what else would you expect me to believe...

We have seen nothing in the news to the contrary...  so how if local fans are unaware that Delia is looking for a buyer are prospective buyers in other parts of the UK or even overseas going to be aware???

Leicester made it known that they were seeking a buyer and they are now about to reep the rewards...

You believe what you want to belive however...  and remain content and assured that Delia & Co have the best interests of NCFC at heart and are doing all in their power to halting the decline in to oblivion of this once  great club!!!

I don''t know why I bother, but.....again, where, from my posts, have you gathered that I ''remain content and assured that Delia & Co have the best interests of NCFC at heart and are doing all in their power to halting the decline in to oblivion of this once  great club''?

Not being funny, but please stop putting words in my mouth just because I dare to challenge your pessimistic opinion.  I may or may not agree with you, that is not the point - if you want people to come around to your way of thinking you need to be able to respond when your opinions are challenged.  I accept that in your correspondence with Mr Doncaster, that you have now answered my question.  You know, to the best level possible, that nothing is being done to secure extra investment.  Or is that just more club spin?

So the definition of spin is whether what is said suits your viewpoint ,  coz ND answered your question and it suits your needs its the truth - classic.

As if he is going to tell you what is happening on that score...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pity that Striker is likely to be of the quality of Zema abbey or Marc Libbra isnt it?

[/quote]

I am sure that Leicester will bring in some quality players when Mandaric is at the helm...

There is already talk of him being in place and bringing in players before this transfer window slams shut... 

How many quality players will we bring in????

You reep what you sew...  and if all we can sew is a fumbled £500,000 bid for Steve Howard earlier this season then what hope is there for us???

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

I don''t know why I bother, but.....again, where, from my posts, have you gathered that I ''remain content and assured that Delia & Co have the best interests of NCFC at heart and are doing all in their power to halting the decline in to oblivion of this once  great club''?

Not being funny, but please stop putting words in my mouth just because I dare to challenge your pessimistic opinion.  I may or may not agree with you, that is not the point - if you want people to come around to your way of thinking you need to be able to respond when your opinions are challenged.  I accept that in your correspondence with Mr Doncaster, that you have now answered my question.  You know, to the best level possible, that nothing is being done to secure extra investment.  Or is that just more club spin?

[/quote]

NCFC only deals in positive spin and not negative spin...  so I can only assume that Mr Doncaster was informing me of the true situation at Carrow Road...

Which is Delia has her head up her own ass and has no intention of seeking fresh investment!!!

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]But perhaps the club see this as positive spin?  Maybe they see external investment as a negative thing that needs covering up.  Who knows, really, except those on the Board?[/quote]

haha the penny has finaly dropped...  yes they do external investment as a negative thing...

A negative thing for themselves that is (which is all that they are really interested in)...

Best interests of the club at heart...  my ass!!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

What about Milan Manderic???

he is no asset stripper and has a deep love of the game of football.

[/quote]

Do you still have such a high opinion of Mandaric now CJF? It seems as though Worthy has been waiting for this job for months. If BBB was right then it was probably promised him.

It would be interesting to hear Smudgers'' opinion on this too, given that Smudger was begging for Mandaric to come to Norwich, would he have welcomed Worthington as part of the package ?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

strike a light! bly bly was spot on!

whast the lottery numbers this week bly?