Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Would you sign for us?

If you were a footballer,playing in any of the british proffesional leagues apart from the premiership,would you sign for Norwich if they were interested in you?

With the present situation at the club i know i wouldnt!

Try to answer this without green n yellow tinted glasses on

If I was a crap player in League 2 and Norwich City FC offered me a nice 3 year contract, which I knew would be paid off when they release me in 6 months time because I''m not getting a chance in the first team, then hell yes, I would sign for us! [;)]

I think players in League one and Two would view playing for City as an attractive proposition.

For young talented players we could be a stepping stone to the Premiership.  More experienced players towards the ends of the careers may be attracted to Carrow Road by the generous wages the club seems to regularly offer.

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

If you were a footballer,playing in any of the british proffesional leagues apart from the premiership,would you sign for Norwich if they were interested in you?

With the present situation at the club i know i wouldnt!

Try to answer this without green n yellow tinted glasses on

[/quote]

Not if I had any ambition I wouldn''t.........

How on Earth did we end up in the state we are in right now?

I wouldn''t sign for us either...  I would much rather be on £2,000 or £3,000 less a week and be at a club that is doing it''s utmost to achieve what it can...

Somewhere like Preston, Cardiff, Derby, Stoke or Colchester even!

This is a difficult one, especially with norwich in an undecided future position atm. I think, if i was another mid-table championship club, was happy with the general area, no. But because of the increasingly high wages we, for some reason, pay these ''so-called'' footballers, and i was happy to move, i probably would. As much as it doesnt seem to be, this place must have some attraction to it.

IMO almost everyone who has answered this thread has let their own current feelings cloud their answer.  I guess if I came onto these websites and saw how unhappy some of our supporters currently are it possibly might make me think twice, but I don''t suppose this is so different to other clubs in our situation.

Within the game, I have no doubt that the contract extension for Hucks will have sent a signal out to players at other clubs that Norwich has more ambition than some supporters seem to be giving it credit for.  Once I''d seen the facilities, other players (Earnie/Hucks = 2 of the best at this level) and so on, I think I''d be happy enough to put pen to paper.

Cluck in Boots wrote "How on Earth did we end up in the state we are in right now?"

By an inept manager signing many of the crap players thet were offered a nice 3 year contract as described by alex_ncfc !!!

Oh yeah, of course, who wouldn''t want to play for their favourite team?

plus, you can be injured loads at Norwich and only play a hand full of games and still get paid well.

I would probably sign for us, we are a decent club with good facilities.  Also, because I have got a couple of kids I would look at Norfolk as a whole and think what a nice place to bring my kids up.  That is the bigger picture.  We need to target players who are family men with children, not young free and single people who want bright lights and hot women.

footballers will go anywhere if the money is right, wigan? fulham? Middlesbrough? Reading? anywhere. They wont go on websites to gauge fan opinion, they dont care that much. 5 grand a week would secure any player earning less than that currently. Dont for one moment think that any player at colchester or Southend wouldnt leap at the chance to treble his wages and play in front of 25,000 people. This is Norwich city were talking about - the team is crap, and the board is discredited, but the club will always be something special.