Sign in to follow this  
General Melchett

Who will replace Webb?

and did he jump or was he pushed? could this be the start of a much needed clearout, hopefully some deadwood will be off-loaded in January... My vote to replace him would be Ian Crook, but perhaps Grant will bring in someone from North of the boarder? any thoughts...

David Williams? The only problem then would be to find a coach for the youngsters, but he would certainly get the reserves ready for the first team!

Does he actually need to replaced? Webb was superfulous, so I''m glad he is going. I was always baffled why we needed an assistant manager AND first team coach. Two people for one job, particually unnecessary in our financial climate.

I''d let Livermore or Hunter oversee the Reserves until the end of the season, then get rid of Doug and replace him with someone younger. Iwan Roberts perhaps...???

me! i have absolutely no coaching experiance whatsoever and absolutely no idear how to run a football side.. im just as qualified as Webb

jas :)

My choice would be...NobodyThere aren''t that many reserve games anymore, about one every fortnight, and only one away every month.I feel it is better for Grant to manage the reserves for home matches anyway so that he gets to know the players better, how the respond etc.That just leaves on match per month away which Grant could do, leaving the training to Hunter for a day or Hunter could do since he has some experience with the england youngsters. Alternatively the away matches could be managed by one of the older players such as Fleming or Dublin to get experience if they are doing coaching badges. Most of the day to day training is done with the first team anyway (I assume this, its so we can play 11 v 11).Really I am not convinced that a squad our size needs a reserve team manager, and I feel the wage could be better used for a player.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

me! i have absolutely no coaching experiance whatsoever and absolutely no idear how to run a football side.. im just as qualified as Webb

[/quote]

i''ll pass that onto my girlfriend, maybe she is in with a shout too! although she I must admit she does actually understand the offside rule - not bad for a girl!

not sure about Grant doing it..

I have always thought the assistant should do it... he knows all the players pretty well (or should do!) and it would be a way of mirroring the 1st teams tactics and trying different things.. also useful to see how players would adapt to playing in those positions in the 1st team

No point in replacing him the reserves are made up mostly of youth team players and pros not quite good enough surely they all get enought "good coaching" and they only need to train together before a game to practice set pieces etc.  Total waste of money having somebody on a full time wage for that imo

Probably one of those old duffers who stand there with big coats and clipboards inside the Colney dome watching the youngsters and ruining any local talent we might have. They cant see as far as the end of their own nose, let alone give a decent youngster a chance.