Sign in to follow this  
Steve Mortlock

Shut it Doc!!!

Just read Monday nights Eveneing News back page and had a wry smile while doing so.  Why can''t players keep their talking for the football pitch, rather than pollute the papers with drivel.  I laugh when I read headlines like "Do not make Gall the fall guy".   Personally I do not, I blame the defence and namely Docherty.  We play southampton with possibly the best set piece taker in England right now (Bale) . From the first whistle Docherty fumbled his way through the opening stages, before proceeding to give away . . . .  yes a string of free kicks.  Two of which whistle just away from the city goal.  He then proceeds to hug and rugby tackle ay player he goes one on one with.  Would Boris Johnson not be a better bet at centre half.  Docherty is a poor player, with little ability in any position. Yes he can hoof the ball long and head the ball long, but as for pace and strength.  Oh and get a haircut you look like you are wearing a barristers wig.  Perhaps he should try being effective in his own position before commenting on others.  Could he not have marked Kenwyne Jones for second goal.  Next timea reporter asks you something Gary, just keep your lips shut and do your talking on the pitch. You make even Andy Hughes look talented

I agree.  Considering the relative silence that proceeded the Southampton game I had hoped that Grant had managed to shut the players up.

I can only assume that Docherty is hoping one of the players will defend him for persistantly fouling and giving free kicks away on the edge of the area.

Bales free kicks were not all conceeded by Doc,  and certainly not the one they scored from (Etuhu), and Gall was clearly directly at fault for the second goal   Why are the defenders at all, let alone Doc in specific, being blamed for them?

Doc supporting Gallacher is actually good to see as it shows some small semblence of team spirit,  but as someone will be rolled out between games for the media why does anyone expect anything other than banal drivel from footballers?