Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Too early to say: Lee Croft or Luke Chadwick on the right wing?

I watched Lee to play a few games on my last trip, but only watched Luke on the video when we played the Portman Road side, if both players were fit, then who will fit the bill to play for the Norwich right wing?

Attacking side I would think Crofty was better, because he always want to dribble the ball and try to beat his man, liked a right-sided Huckerby; Chadwick showed he can do the defensive job in the derby game, but if we want a better defensive unit, he maybe better. What''s your view?

I think in all honesty, along with Earnshaw, Huckerby and Safri, these two players are the only above Championship average men we own. They should both play.

I would love to see Croft and Chadwick stradling the wide right and centre right positions in midfield (they could rotate positions easily as an attacking move developed) with Hucks out wide left and Safri holding in the centre left spot. Dickson, Hughes and Robinson are benchwarmers at best.

OTBC

I get the impression that Chadwick wasn''t really in the plans as a purchase, but that Stoke gave him permission to find a new club on the cheap due to his geographical problems. Grant then decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth and chose to pick him up cheaply as squad cover. I would guess that Croft will get the nod, but that with a full Grant team out Chadwick will be used mostly on the bench as competition for both Hucks and Croft.

at the moment i would play croft outwide and chadwick in the centre with safri... but if we sign an adequate central midfielder then have huckerby, chadwick and croft all figthting for the two wide positions... this competition could only be good for the team and improve all 3 players hopefully!

I was thinking that that the other day and was wondering if Chadders could play either center mid or right back, I say that because against Ipswich he was tracking back and tackling well, I know it was only for a short period before we got injured but if we can get Croft to cross well to a new decent big man he would be an awesome first choice and I think that Chadders could be used elsewhere.

Thoughts................................?

Play them both! They could be a handful for opposing defences if they interchange and attack at speed.Croft has just said he likes to play in the centre, and I seem to remember the same applies to Chadwick. There does not seem to be a problem then, so long as one or both atre willing to tackle back, and either Etuhu or someone new also plays in central midfield.

Chadwick, imo, would be perfect as a rcm, because he can attack through the centre, but as we saw against ipswich; tends to track back alot and defend!

[quote user="winchmorehill canary"]

I was thinking that that the other day and was wondering if Chadders could play either center mid or right back, I say that because against Ipswich he was tracking back and tackling well, I know it was only for a short period before we got injured but if we can get Croft to cross well to a new decent big man he would be an awesome first choice and I think that Chadders could be used elsewhere.

Thoughts................................?

[/quote]

He''s probably been practising crossing for the last 15 years or so.

I suspect that''s why we got him for 600k from Man City in the first place.

We''ll just have to be happy with his other attributes.

OTBC. 

Agree with the majority. I hadn''t thought of Chadders at RCM, but yes, he could be the attacking player we need in there. He works his socks off, and is one of the very few who showed any commitment in the derby. Plus Croft does get the most crosses in, in the Championship doesnt he? So if we''re going 442 from now on, Croft at right wing is a must really.

So both have to play. Out goes hughes and robinson.

I guess they need trying out in different positions, Croft has proven himself on the wing so it stick with that and maybe try Chadwick in the middle, even up front, but his work rate is so good i can see him working well anywhere. 

We had Chadwick at West Ham when we played in the Championship recently. He is all potential but has no impact on winning a match. He drifts in and out of the game until the manager hauls him off.  Perhaps, he''s changed whilst he''s been in your neck of the woods?