Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Do we expect to much from Grant?

Personally, i feel some people want magic to occur instantaneously as soon as grant arrives (wiz, magic, hehe). This is ridiculous. This season - if you change your manager into the season, the chances are you''re not going to get promoted. I havent looked it up, but i wonder what the stats are on this.

Just saying, others will disagree.

The only example I can think of where a team changed their manager mid-season and got promoted was Dowie at Palace.  Someone else will think of more though.

[quote user="hogesar"]

Personally, i feel some people want magic to occur instantaneously as soon as grant arrives (wiz, magic, hehe). This is ridiculous. This season - if you change your manager into the season, the chances are you''re not going to get promoted. I havent looked it up, but i wonder what the stats are on this.

[/quote]

I think most people were just looking for an improvement hogesar, no one expected magic

I think it would be magic if we survive relegation let alone promotion. I dont want promotion this season.

Can you imagine if we did get promoted? it would be carnage.

many people on these boards expect too much from many people connected with NCFC, nothing wrong with wanting more but I think maybe the expectancy has risen a touch too high. 

I just hoped that performances would improve, and, apart from the first couple of matches that Grant was in charge that has failed to happen.

I think we can only start to make some sort of definitive judgement on Grant after the January transfer window.

[quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

I think there is some truth in this.  I think a lot of people convinced themselves that Worthington was the problem and that when he was gone everything would change for the better.  Worthington had to go, no doubt about it but people seemed convinced that with a new manager the youngsters would improve and play, Hughes, Robinson et all would never wear a City shirt again and we would play like Brazil.  It was never going to happen. 

I don''t think anyone expected "magic"''; however, everyone was at least hoping for change...and for the better too.

What we seem to have, so far, is a Worthington clone, e.g.:

• The players still don''t seem to want to actually do anythnig to warrant their salaries (with a few obvious exceptions).  You would hope that a new manager would put some desire back in the players.
  • Players are still being played out of position
  • Grant clearly has his favourites, to the detriment of the overall team and performances
  • His record since joining is pretty poor, not even ''decent''
  • We are getting lots of excuses about how its eveyone elses fault

What I wanted was a little bit of "sparkle" back in the club and a warm feeling that perhaps things are now starting to head in the right direction.  Sadly, I''ve not seen much evdince of either.

I think with Birmingham and Palace in the past, a new manager has come in and managed to get players who are underperforming to start achieving their potential...

It may be that some of our players (considering this isn''t a team that has had a tricky few months but a pretty poor 18) cannot perform consistently at a higher level. You can''t polish a turd... so he will have to change it. And, unless you''re burying your head in the sand, PG clearly sees that...

There''s that power you don''t have again Wiz...Nothing much was ever going to change before January.  At least let''s see what the man can do with a bigger squad.  And as for Sheff Wed, they''ve improved markedly since Brian Laws took over.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]There''s that power you don''t have again Wiz...

Nothing much was ever going to change before January.  At least let''s see what the man can do with a bigger squad.  And as for Sheff Wed, they''ve improved markedly since Brian Laws took over.
[/quote]

yea Grant is the next Clough, come january we will spend a tenner, we will go unbeaten till end of season, go up as champions, anything else you would like us to take seriously. The bloke is a joke, bottom line.