Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Doesn't just happen to us...

90:00 GOAL - Mark Crossley
Sheff Wed 3 - Southampton 3
Outswinging corner from right by-line taken right-footed by Chris Brunt (Sheff Wed) to centre, headed goal by Mark Crossley (Sheff Wed) (high centre of goal) from centre of penalty area (6 yards).Sheff Wed 3-3 Southampton.

I love the way how the stand-in guy on Norfolk this week (who also has a bloody annoying stutter!) commented that "Mark Crossley had got another last minute goal" - and didn''t sound surprised in the slightest, so clearly just thought it was an outfield player!

I dont care, personally, about how other teams let in goals in injury time. It shouldnt happen to us but it does. I could understand a one-off, but this seems to be a regular reccurance and to me that signals problems, big problems with that matter. If we cant kill a game off, we''re not going to win very often unless we have a 2+ goal lead in EVERY game. Despite earny, it''s not going to happen.

Lets hope January solves this, although i can see it not happening.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I love the way how the stand-in guy on Norfolk this week (who also has a bloody annoying stutter!) commented that "Mark Crossley had got another last minute goal" - and didn''t sound surprised in the slightest, so clearly just thought it was an outfield player![/quote]

Im glad i wasnt the only one who got annoyed by that mans constant stutter. Was really annoying me.

I feel sorry for Earnie. Scores goals for fun but we still dont win. I would have taken a point before the game but seeing how the game unfolded a point really hurts.

But was our manager as brave as he is asking the players to be, why did we not stick with the two up front which had given us the lead. Going down to one up front gives out the message to the other team to attack us -  I am very disappointed.

Mark .Y.

Having been to the game today, i think if we had taken all 3 points it would have been more than we deserved but having said that Earnie''s two strikes and hitting the crossbar should have won it. Frankly if he aint good enough for the Premier League, then can we have a few more players like him?