I could not believe it when Peter Grant took off

Earnshaw...the guy was clearly on fire! What was Grant thinking...no man is

bigger than Norwich City and he should have played with the best interests of

the club at heart, not himself!

Earnshaw could have gone on to bag another goal the

way he was playing but instead, choose to play defensively and change round a

winning team!

Poor tactically once again.

4 games in ten days. 2-1 up with only few minutes left... why risk getting Earnie injured.

What you need to ask is why our useless deffence cant clear a ball properly by just hoofing it out of the ground. Thats the area  that we need to strenghten in the january transfer window. From what ive seen this season Doc and Drury have become liabilities.

So often this season our managers have been accused of not making changes to win the game. Personally i cant fault the decision to wrap up the game! He cant win can he! Dont do it he is questioned why, and do it and you get crap posts like this!

1 question.....were Wigan unlucky yesterday or did Jewells changes cost them? Cotterill and Wright aint forwards are they......

Absolutely the right decision.

Wolves were attacking non-stop & the chances of him seeing the ball, let alone getting a scoring chance, in the time remaining were pretty remote. A properly motivated & organised midfield / defence would have denied Wolves any chance at all. Instead they reacted (instead of acted) & that half-heartedly, with no real spirit, no hope, a mental shrug of the shoulders.

It''s the apathy that worries me.

[quote user="Steven Smart"]

4 games in ten days. 2-1 up with only few minutes left... why risk getting Earnie injured.

What you need to ask is why our useless deffence cant clear a ball properly by just hoofing it out of the ground. Thats the area  that we need to strenghten in the january transfer window. From what ive seen this season Doc and Drury have become liabilities.

[/quote]

Not to mention that asking 11 professionals just to do their job and play keep ball shouldn''t really be that much of a problem. Plenty of managers do it and do it successfuly above this level and bellow it. We even do it at the small team I play for.

I think Croft tiring and having to come off actually had more of an effect because ideally Hughes who was up with the pace of the game should have stayed at right back. Defence had done ok up untill that point. Throwing in Jurgen at a point when you knew that Wolves were going to unleash all they had left is a bit harsh on the fella, coming on late in a game where you are only one to the good and has a good tempo is really hard.

Just unlucky really.

I agree with Stephen, we were winning 2-1 and needed another midfielder to steady the ship. Earnie wasn''t going to see much of the ball in the last 10 mins anyway plus we don''t need him to get injured.

If Grant had left him on and Wolves had of scored people would be complaining that he should have taken him off, he can''t win!

Havining seen the replays I am more concerned by the poor clearances from the Doc and Drury and the ineffectual Etuhu and co ''assisting'' from midfield.

In the extended highlights on the Championship Etuhu spent most every second strolling half paced to no effect - he is not a footballer.

If grant had read this, he''d have been pissed off. I meen, seriously, he makes a generally good mistake. its not negative, its sensible. He expected a reasonably defensive central midfield and the back 4 to keep it tight and not concede in the last few minutes. It was a sensible decision, and before you post another topic similar to this, try to think why he might have done first of al.