Sign in to follow this  
1dartmoore

Bury F.C. and the FA Cup

Don''t know how many of you know about Bury F.C being kicked out of cup.

Below is a link to the petition, as a football supporter I think it would be great if some of my fellow Norwich Fans could sign this petition. I am also a Bury follower and get to see tham at least once a season at Gigg Lane and then once at one of the local Div 2 teams, which unfortunately is only Peterborough this season.

I dont know if I have posted the link correctly, but you can always copy and paste it in address bar, and by the way when you submit it asks for a donation, you do not have to do this to register on the petition.

There are now over 5000 signatures on the petition, whether the petition will do any good at all I don''t know, but it will show true football fans how much support they do have in any injustices

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/BuryFC/index.html

PS MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

i have to agree;they broke the rules and are now paying the consequences

Bury cheated.... they face the consequence... Chester get a 2nd bite of the cherry as it where and good luck to them

jas :)

No disrespect....but we''ve got enough issues of our own to worry about right now......and you do still hold the FA Cup highest score record.......whereas we haven''t even made a final yet!..........[:)]

It is not the fact that the rules were broken, it is the punishment that was the injustice.

Leeds were only fined £2000 for fielding 6 loans players in their squad for a match last month.

West Ham fielded an ineligible player for League Cup quarter final against Aston Villa in 1999, the punishment was for the game to be replayed.

What''s the difference between these two clubs and Bury FC? Size. Who cares about the small clubs? Certainly not the FA. The income generated from a cup run can be the difference between success and extinction for a club of Bury''s size.
If this ''crime'' had been committed by Chelsea or Manchester United, would the FA have expelled them from this season''s cup? I seriously doubt it. 

Sorry mate, no can do. They broke the rules, they''re being punished. If you can state the injustice fairly then i may consider it.

[quote user="1dartmoore"]

It is not the fact that the rules were broken, it is the punishment that was the injustice.

Leeds were only fined £2000 for fielding 6 loans players in their squad for a match last month.

West Ham fielded an ineligible player for League Cup quarter final against Aston Villa in 1999, the punishment was for the game to be replayed.

What''s the difference between these two clubs and Bury FC? Size. Who cares about the small clubs? Certainly not the FA. The income generated from a cup run can be the difference between success and extinction for a club of Bury''s size.
If this ''crime'' had been committed by Chelsea or Manchester United, would the FA have expelled them from this season''s cup? I seriously doubt it. 

[/quote]

The thing is here is that even in the justice system different judges at different times will hand out different punnishments for the same crime. The answer is not to commit the crime in the first place.

Bury knew that the player was ineligable and yet still played him, they took a gamble and it didn''t pay off. As with the law if you get caught you can not really expect to be treated leaniently.

1999 was 7 years ago, almost ancient history in footballing terms, on top of that as you say it was a final - you couldn''t exactly say that one team should go through and the other not because they fielded an illegible player.

My only gripe here is that the FA should enforce this a step further and should send a notice to the club prior to the game informing them that he is ineligable which they will know anyway. If the officials on the day are notified they have the ability to block the player access to the pitch or forfitting the game to the other side there and then. Why allow a game to be played when the outcome will have already been decided by said player.