Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

That sounded positive.....

until the 90 minute.

I think that we shouldnt all be down about the Wolves game, as it was away from home and it sounded on the radio as though we gave it our all. Another positive is having croft back, who i think makes a massive difference.

Cant believe how many goals Earnie has now scored. Does anyone know what the championship record is for goals in a season?

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

until the 90 minute.

I think that we shouldnt all be down about the Wolves game, as it was away from home and it sounded on the radio as though we gave it our all. Another positive is having croft back, who i think makes a massive difference.

Cant believe how many goals Earnie has now scored. Does anyone know what the championship record is for goals in a season?

[/quote]

I agree, whilst we are all gutted (and it seems to feel worse every time we conceed in added time) we can still be a little more optimistic in that it sounded like a reasonable performance - for once.

Very positive!

Wolves: 20 shots (8 on target)

City: 7 shots (5 on target)

Source: Sporting Life 

Par for the course since Peter Grant took over, I''m afraid - and it''s not even bringing much in the way of results.

OTBC.

If I remember rightly we shut up shop with around 10-15 mins of normal time left - in theory those statistics may reflect that fact.

The other thing is statistics themselves are not very reliable. For example there were a couple of occaisions where blocks etc were going in and the ball kept falling kindly for Wolves to have another go, in which case they had three shots instead of one but still couldnt hit the target in the end. Add to that a couple of speculative efforts that were reported from long range.

Personaly statistics mean squit, you don''t win games on the back of good statistics, the fact is Earnie only needs a sniff and he burries them.

FA cup a couple of seasons ago saw Man U all over Arsenal for pretty much 90mins, but they couldn''t get a shot on target for all their efforts, they went on to loose. Says it all, if you get chances you score them or face the consequences.

As I have argued before I have been at matches and come up with different answers to the stat people and can not see how they came to their conclusions so to be honest this just sounds like a dig to me.

I think bearing in mind the jammy results we had earlier on in PG''s reign....what go around comes around.

We aren''t very good.....and an ''unlucky'' draw at Wolves is neither here nor there. At best we will ''survive'' this season....at worst we will get pulled into a relegation scrap. That''s how it is.

I heard the comment from one neutral pundit stating that had Norwich got all three points it would have been "flootlight robbery". Earnie will be duly flogged off in January......and I can''t see City finding anything anywhere near his goal tally once he''s gone, especially if  ''prudence'' again dictates.

On paper it''s an easy ride over the next few games....and should in theory at least remove most of the relegation fears we have. That''s as positive as I can get right now though. 

totally Chicken - stats like this mean nothing.

BUT - they are the stats from every game we play.

AND - we have what 1 win in 8 games - bottom of the form table in the championship I think?? (someone may correct me)

SO - yes Erny bury''s his chances and our poor shots ratio doesnt matter

BUT we are currently 15th and barely winning a game. 

AND WORST OF ALL - one of the bast players during our single victory has barely played since.

WELL DONE GRANTY!!  GREAT MANAGER!!  [N]

Cluck - so you don''t rate any of our players other than Earnshaw?

And I have to say that I strongly disagree that we will scrap with relegation this season, I think that bottom bracked it sorted out for this season, I can''t see a pennyless Leeds turn it around nor Southend even with Eastwood.

I would have to say that we are scrapping for mid table positioning with the possibility of a play-off place if we put in a decent run just as Grant says. But even if a new manager had been established in the summer did you really expect to see us walk the league this season?

I just don''t understand some peoples expectations. Ofcourse I would be happier supporting a Norwich team in the premiership but I am not, and in all honesty I don''t believe that we have the right to be there any more than the 15 other teams in this league that have been there at some point or other. Two of them are fighting relegation and one has altimately more spending power than us - Crystal Palace.

Well put it this way. Our recent form would have meant we''d have accepted a draw. The way in which we got it, however, was not so good.

Shame, but moves on. Can''t see us in a relegation scrap.

Huckerby, Earnshaw, Croft, Chadwick, Dublin dont all go into a relegation scrap.

Those stats are what I would have expected from this match regardless of manager, team or to some extent form. Molineaux is a hard place to go to and the only teams who can expect to go there and not have significantly less shots than wolves are those who are really flying when they go, certainly top 3 only, maybe if you are on a reasonable winning streak.

Also remember we would have won if not for that linesman or the wonder strike by a central defender.

At least we''re not in the situation soton are in (about saturdays match only) where a goalie score with the last kick of the game.

Also remember that our poor run of form has been in part due to not having a right wing, where we had 3 injured players, 5 if you count right backs as well. These have been almost all our outfield players.

On the relagation battle not only are the bottom 3 stuck there, If one can get out of it barnsley aren''t any better.

Not sure about leeds, they may get some money in a last ditch effort to stave off going totally bust.

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"]

I think bearing in mind the jammy results we had earlier on in PG''s reign....what go around comes around.

We aren''t very good.....and an ''unlucky'' draw at Wolves is neither here nor there. At best we will ''survive'' this season....at worst we will get pulled into a relegation scrap. That''s how it is.

I heard the comment from one neutral pundit stating that had Norwich got all three points it would have been "flootlight robbery". Earnie will be duly flogged off in January......and I can''t see City finding anything anywhere near his goal tally once he''s gone, especially if  ''prudence'' again dictates.

On paper it''s an easy ride over the next few games....and should in theory at least remove most of the relegation fears we have. That''s as positive as I can get right now though. 

[/quote]

Which neutral pundit? I only ask because I would be intrigued to know. Probably Andy Townsend! Only that in most opinions I have heard or seen we did enough to get all three points having dominated posession and played the better football.

As for jammy results earlier on would those have been when we jammily had a fully fit squad or when we jammily played some of the best football we have played in the last couple of seasons? Or would that have been before we lost a game and you guys got the flesh you wanted to stick your claws into?

Again I will ask you cluck - is there anything serious that you can be possitive about in regards to "our" club?

Because at the moment it sounds not and you are beggining to sound like CJF and Wiz who want us to fail just so that they have yet more mud to throw, yet more insubstantial argument to prove how more right they are than the rest of us. Yes sorry it is Christmas but you wouldn''t know it with some of you lot who refuse to give over!

WORTHINGTON IS GONE - take a deep breath and actually look at the situation before you even try to form an argument next time!

Sorry to get irrate and I am not just aiming this at cluck but people want to know where the atmosphere has gone when it sounds like some of you don''t even know why you turn up to matches anymore. If that doesn''t worry you then it worries me! I know why I go and its because I love this county, this city and the football club which is one of the few things that people know of outside of our wonderful boarders I go to cheer all of these.

Romantic/Poetic rubbish maybe, but thats me, no Norwich is not a small club but its not a big club, Norfolk isnt the best known county nor Norwich the best known city, thats why we are labelled with "small". But every time I come back here I fall in love with the place all over again. Its the culture, the community and the society the club represents these because it recognises they are bigger than football and important to drawing in players. The problem at the moment is that sections of the fans are being more "london" than Norwich.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

totally Chicken - stats like this mean nothing.

BUT - they are the stats from every game we play.

AND - we have what 1 win in 8 games - bottom of the form table in the championship I think?? (someone may correct me)

SO - yes Erny bury''s his chances and our poor shots ratio doesnt matter

BUT we are currently 15th and barely winning a game. 

AND WORST OF ALL - one of the bast players during our single victory has barely played since.

WELL DONE GRANTY!!  GREAT MANAGER!!  [N]

[/quote]

Which player do you refer to CJF, are you implying that one player is the key to our success? Are you also suggesting that we have had many injury problems all over the pitch which could no way have effected the stability of the side?

You wanted Worthington out - some of us at the time said fare enough, we''er doing badly so its not a bad idea but the reality is we will not be able to get someone in that is ten times better perhaps even as good.

Now only a couple of months into his reign as manager you want Grant out who does all of the things you said Worthington didn''t do like blame players, be vocal, dump players out of the team if need be, get players in, get youngsters out on loan, accept some of the blame, and show promise in transfer targets etc. Yet again its not good enough.

Tell you what why don''t you write down a realistic list of what exactly it is you want and maybe some of us will be able to understand!

[quote user="chicken"]

Cluck - so you don''t rate any of our players other than Earnshaw?

And I have to say that I strongly disagree that we will scrap with relegation this season, I think that bottom bracked it sorted out for this season, I can''t see a pennyless Leeds turn it around nor Southend even with Eastwood.

I would have to say that we are scrapping for mid table positioning with the possibility of a play-off place if we put in a decent run just as Grant says. But even if a new manager had been established in the summer did you really expect to see us walk the league this season?

I just don''t understand some peoples expectations. Ofcourse I would be happier supporting a Norwich team in the premiership but I am not, and in all honesty I don''t believe that we have the right to be there any more than the 15 other teams in this league that have been there at some point or other. Two of them are fighting relegation and one has altimately more spending power than us - Crystal Palace.

[/quote]

No I don''t rate anyone other than Earnshaw particularly.....not if we want to do anything. One or two others are ok....but there wouldn''t exactly be an avalanche if they were put up for sale.

I don''t buy all of this ''expectation'' stuff either....and it smacks of capitulation and an acceptance of being ''little old Norwich''. If us fans don''t demand a decent team....then we won''t get it.  If we keep on the Board''s back....then there is a better chance of seeing some serious action on the transfer kitty front. Like every other business....if you don''t demand....you don''t get.

We don''t have any ''right'' to be anywhere I agree...but we should always retain the desire. If we lose that....we may as well forget it. I don''t go to football for an afternoon out.....I go to see passion and endeavour. I''ve not seen this for quite a while now....and I''ve every right to expect much more.