Sign in to follow this  
sjs

Whose confident of 3 points on Saturday?

Why shouldn''t everybody be confident after the display against Stoke? What''s the point in us not being confident at this stage of the season? Sorry if these seem obvious questions, but with just eight games to go it is within our grasp. As I''ve said before on here, I want us to go out there and try to seize the three points rather than sit back and wait to see what happens. As we took a positive approach last Saturday I feel confident that we will try to do the same against Burnley, hence I am confident of our success. But if it doesn''t happen for us, then there are seven more games to grab those necessary points from. One game at a time, but POSITIVE and CONFIDENT!!! (This is the new ''me'' talking after Worthy''s words of wisdom last week!)

Im sure we will get three points on Saturday.

The boys just need to go out in a positive manner and keep the ball on the deck.

I would like to see Leon start as he is looking hungry at the moment

The worst thing we can be is over-confident. The only times we enter games expecting a result (Bradford & Watford at home) we appeared arrogant and just exepected to get on the pitch and win.

Burnley have a solid home record and have beaten many of the top teams there. In addition they have Robbie Blake who always causes us problems As such three points are not a foregone conclusion that the league table would suggest. Start as we did against Cardiff, Gillingham, Palace, Bradford or Watford would make 3 points unlikely.

However if we (fans & players) apply ourselves from the start - as we did against Stoke - then I am more confident. Its more a case of which city turns out I guess.

In summary on our day we will easily beat Burnley, I guess I am just hopeful that it is the right attitude making it our day thats all.

I am confident that Worthy will fire them up and I am confident that we will make the premier - I am also confident that there will be many more ups and downs before the end of the season.

OTBC

I''d be happy with a draw...Burnley are playing out of their skins at the momemt. Everyone wants a win, and some might even expect a win...but I for one am being more realistic, there are no easy games in this division. Stoke played very poorly last Saturday, but we only just beat them 1-0 at home. We are not scoring many goals at the moment so a draw could be a point gained rather than 2 lost!

It''s when the fans start expecting victory that the atmosphere can change for the worse. Although this is an away game, so we may be ok. But I would be very happy with a draw, and ecstatic with a victory.

I am confident that we will win and get 3 points this week,just call me Mrs Positive.

I AM CONFIDENT OF A WIN.

Confidence is not the same thing as over-confidence, or cockiness, and I''m sure Nigel won''t be letting the players think its going to be easy, but WE''RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE - because we deserve to be, because we''ve won more games than most, because we''ve conceded fewer goals than most, because despite what Mr Potato Head says, WE''RE THE BEST IN THIS DIVISION.

If you can''t be confident of a win against a team at the foot of the table at this stage of the season, we might as well put the Academy side out for the remaining games to get some experience, and write off even the play-offs. I suppose it''s a relief that we are mathematically safe from relegation - must be very reassuring for some of you.

Don''t clog this message board up with your doom and gloom - BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh come on. Don''t mistake an intelligent view of another team''s form as doom and gloom. No-one''s saying "we''re rubbish". I still believe that we are going up, but I am fully aware that we''re in for a really tough game on Saturday - if you don''t believe that then you''re kidding yourself.

Teams "at the foot of the table" sometimes win, you know. If we were in their position, we''d be fighting for every point available.

I am glad Burnley are playing well and will have some confidence it will make for a good game. One if we play as we know we can we can win, like last Saturday.

Rockford Files on Beeb 2 starting at 4.00 pm or so, so keep an eye on Teletext and 3 points in the bag.

Against Cardiff and Palace Beeb 2 didn''t show RF''s.