Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Sell Earnie and we're relegated!

As he''s the only one who can score (Thorne won''t!) selling Earnie will get us relegated. There is talk about a 4 million pound bid for him from Portsmouth (thats only 500 thou more than we paid for him, and he is the division''s top scorer!.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED25%20Dec%202006%2018%3A05%3A26%3A430

If the board go down this route it will confirm the following:1. They have zero ambition.

2. They are clueless, inept and a liability.

3. Buying a season ticket is pointless.

4. We are all wasting our time!.

For those waiting desperately for January signings, forget it, I''d be more concerned about January departures!.

Firstly, Wiz, I hope you had a good Christmas and are looking forward to a a great year ahead of you.

Now, to business.  I understand your obvious disappointment at the news of Harry Redknapps interest in Earnshaw.  Personally, I don''t think the club will have much choice.  I agree with the article that he would have a get out clause and should he choose to exercise that clause theres not much else for the club to do but get the best price they can.  I would personally hate to see him go but as an asset to the club I think he''s worth a lot more than £4million so if he goes I hope we get more than that for him.

Looking at the bigger picture though, the money freed up on salary plus the transfer fee would allow us to significantly change the squad for the better.  Pearson is mentioned and looks a good player.  Obviously Rhiordan is out there as a possibility.  Not to mention the defence.

Theres no doubting that the loss of Earnie would be a wrench and he would need to be replaced with 2 quality strikers such as Riordan and Eastwood (and they well be beyond our reach now).  However, I think we can all agree that the structure atg the club is wrong - too few players on too much money and we need to improve by adding quality players to the squad in all departments.  This may be the only way for us to do it.

Your right Mr Wizard hes the only player that acually knows where the back of the net is ! plus there is no body out there with in our price range to fill earnies boots.........it will be suicide

Happily we have Southend in our League....along with a few other poor sides, so I think even without Earnie we would just about scrape home this season.....but having said that.....is this really anything to be pleased about?

These next few ganes will either save us or demoralise us.......let''s just hope for the best.............