Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Goodbye Earnshaw

Pompy bound it seems....

they have the cash, they have the inftastructre... and if reports of him having a "get out" clase are true then doesnt that smell of Mercenary?

Pompey might chuck Jamie Ashdown in to the equasion as a sweetner... Grant admitted to being a fan of Ashton despite his Simon Tracey like Performance at Stoke.  4 million plus Jamie Ashdown could well tempt city''s hand...

then its up to the club to go out and get someone to keep us in the division! James Hayter? Billy Sharp? that guy at Carlisl??.. Whoever it is we have to get it right! and whoever it isnt could, feasibly, be scoring against us in League 1 next season if we fail to get it right.

jas :)

I think Camp may have succeeded in replacing Ashdown as Grant''s first choice goal keeper.

I think if Pompey do put in a firm offer City will accept.

I doubt Eanshaw will start many games for Portsmouth, and, I wonder whether he would want to leave City to spend most of the rest of the season warming the bench.

If Earnshaw does have the get-out clause, then he''ll be off if Pompey or any other premiership club come calling. We''d need to sign two strikers if he left, though, because we hardly have any of them as it is! Eastwood and Sharp would be my choices, though the money probably wouldn''t be made available for both of them.

As regards Ashdown - if he is allowed to set foot in the club again, it will sum up our ambition. Personally, I''ve resigned myself already to the fact that Earnshaw will be leaving and we''ll plummet into a relegation struggle in the new year. Not that I''m a pessimist or anything.

I am not convinced that Earnshaw will go to Pompy. Over the next couple of weeks, Earnshaw will be linked with most premiership clubs because he has a superb scoring record. Simple as that. Today, it just happens to be Pompy.

If the player wants to leave, he will. It has NOTHING to do with NCFC, but EVERYTHING to do with Earnshaw. All the club can do is try and maximise his value. That is the only way the club can show ambition, by maximising the value and generating a sale early enough in the transfer window in order to have time to bring in new players.

None of us want earnshaw to leave. He is the best striker we have had here for years, and very likely to be the first striker in 10 years to score 20 goals in a season (or half in his case), but IF the guy wants to leave and we refuse, how many goals will he score in the second half the season when we could be fighting for relegation? What affect would an unhappy Earnshaw have on the side?

I dont want Earnshaw to leave but I think it is wrong to say that we will be relegated without him, that the board are lacking ambition and that it''s PG big mouth. We like to blame people for anything and everything, but the reality is EARNSHAW IS IN CONTROL OF WHAT HAPPENS.

"Mercenary" is a harsh word... I don''t think there''s a player under 30 in the side that wouldn''t jump at the chance of playing for a top premiership side... The only reason Earnie gets these kinds of opportunities knocking is because of how well he''s been playing for NORWICH... So that should hardly earn our wrath with some of the pap that he''s been playing alongside.

CAN ANYONE YELL ME WHY HE SHOULD ACTUALLY WANT TO STAY?

WHEN HE JOINED US THERE WERE REALISTIC PROSPECTS OF A RETURN TO BETTER TIMES, ALL HE HAS SEEN SINCE COMING IS A MANAGER WHO LOST HIS WAY, LOST THE CHANGING ROOM AND LOST THE FANS, AND TO BE HONEST A CONTINUING RUNNING SORE. CARROW ROAD IS NO LONGER WHAT IT WAS, HOME PLAYERS ARE BOOED,PLAYERS ARE PUBLICALLY CRITISISED BY THE MANAGER AND EVERYTHING AROUND THE CLUB HAS TURNED NEGATIVE. WHY SHOULD HE SHOW LOYALTY TO THAT. THE GUY IS A 100% ON PLAYER, IN THE FACE OF ALL THIS CRAP HE HAS CARRIED ON DOING HIS JOB, WHILE OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND A LOT LONGER HAVE CRUMBLED.IF HE DOES STAY HE DESERVES A MEDAL.

I HOPE HE IS WITH US THIS TIME NEXT YEAR. MY OWN FEELING IS THAT WE ARE ON THE UP. RECENT RESULTS HAVE BEEN UNLUCKY, PERFORMANCE IS IMPROVING AND WITH A FULL SQUAD WE CAN BEAT ANYBODY IN THE LEAGUE. LETS HAVE A COUPLE OF GOOD HOME WINS, FIND SOME CONFIDENCE AND FLY THROUGH THE REST OF THE SEASON.

COME ON CITY!!!!!