Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Shocking offside decision yesterday

Just watched Wolves first goal on the tv. How on earth the linesman doesn''t give the TWO Wolves players standing clearly four or five yards offside is beyond me. Unbelievable. The worst thing is the linesman is standing in-line with our back four, and can see the whole thing in front of him. Disgraceful.

Yeah, that lack of a flag mystifies me too perhaps he dropped it as he did when we played Chelsea. lol

Also a mystery , the half hearted defensive clearance that led to Wolves second goal, should have been row Z at least.

Oh and thirdly, what was the mysterious  "Norwich thing" PG wants stopped "today not tomorrow" ? re his post match comment.

I''d also like to point out that it didn''t look like handball, the free kick was taken at least 7 yards forward of where it should have been and it was taken far too quickly. Plus to top it off Dublin''s spectacular goal was ruled offside by the same linesman when he was clearly in line with the defender.The last minute goal is mostly to be blamed on Drury who pathetic attempt at a clearance went 5 yards to a wolves player, but I''m not excusing the rest of the defence who failed to do basics when the resulting cross came in.

It was a terrible decision. The linesman was in the perfect position to see it as well - right in line. He should be hung.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Just watched Wolves first goal on the tv. How on earth the linesman doesn''t give the TWO Wolves players standing clearly four or five yards offside is beyond me. Unbelievable. The worst thing is the linesman is standing in-line with our back four, and can see the whole thing in front of him. Disgraceful.

[/quote]

Maybe City should report him to the FA?

OTBC

I agree it was a shockingly poor decision. 

In fairness linesman are always going to make these sorts of mistakes, and, in the past City have benefitted from exactly these sorts of mistakes.

There was no excuse for that decision yesterday though. He wasn''t doing his job pure and simple.

Yet Dublin''s offside was so marginal yet his flag went up straight away.

Just to note that not only were 2 players miles of side but they were in the penalty area and the defensive line wasn''t so there was a straight line on the pitch showing them offside amazingly clearly. 

ITV only spotted it on the replay.

Also there is usally mor time on the featured match and there are no norwich shirts in the title sequence, with 3 palace and 2+ wolves. I really hate ITV.

I think the norwich ting is the "little old norwich" attitude so often bemoaned on this board.

I couldn''t agree more that the linesmans decisions were absolutely diabolical. Fortunately, I''ll be in the rather priviliged position of being able to give the offending linesman a piece of my mind about the incident, face to face, at some point later this week!!  Mr Smallwood happens to work as a bus driver in Northwich, Cheshire and I come into contact with him on almost a daily basis. Rest assured, he''s in for a very rough ride when I see him!!