Sign in to follow this  
Green army

WHAT ALOAD OF RUBBISH!!!

tHATS AN UNDERSTATEMENT, today proved how poor we really are, not able to beat a 10 man, southend side without there best player...................................WHAT A JOKE

10 years on from the last southend home game when we were rubbish and nothing has changed!

who'' s fault is it this time peter grant..............oh, obviously the ref, the crowd, the pitch, the xmas fixture list, the weather, etc etc,

thanks for that boys, hope you enjoy the rest of your xmas break.you deserve it.

I had to smile at the "Official" club site write up on the match too........I swear they think we are retarded or something.....but it just about sums up the whole attitude of NCFC right now....dishonest and homogenised. In my many years I have never experienced a time like it.

We''ve been crap before...but at least we knew it. Now we are crap but it''s apparently some kind of well kept secret. Wierd.........[:|]

"I think we should have kept Worthy"

No, no no....I think we should have appointed an EXPERIENCED manger.

As it is, I''ll support PG but the board need to give him the leeway to ship out the deadwood and bring in new players. I wouldn;t be surprised to see two-thirds of the current first team out on their ear after this transfer window and the summer.

And yes, today was absolute pants.

Completely agree. Some of you lot are a joke. The bloke has been in football management for two months, he''s inherited the shite Worthington left behind, hasnt had a chance to sign anyone, and you''re all on his back already - some of you were obviously expecting the tide to turn instantly, but realistically with the crap we''re left with it isn''t going to happen. In my opinion he can''t be judged until the end of this season, let him sign some players, let him make the team his own, and then judge the results, not after 10 games in charge and with the crap Worthless bought.

It was appalling today.Grant at least was honest enough to say that though. Trouble is, it''s looking like he doesn''t have the ability or experience as a manager to do anything about it. The fact that Safri sat on the bench while the first eleven failed to string two passes together for an hour, said it all. And while I have sympathy for Grant in inheriting such a weak sqaud, it''s decisions like leaving Safri out that weaken his credibility  considerably. But you can''t make a silk purse out of a sow''s ear. So come January, the board can either seriously back Grant in the transfer market, or accept their fate. These players are dragging us downwards, and we can all see it. Kick them out, or they will take the club down with them.

[quote user="seat124"]

10 years on from the last southend home game when we were rubbish and nothing has changed!

who'' s fault is it this time peter grant..............oh, obviously the ref, the crowd, the pitch, the xmas fixture list, the weather, etc etc,

thanks for that boys, hope you enjoy the rest of your xmas break.you deserve it.

[/quote]perhaps you should have looked harder at my post, I blame the players........ full stop.and they deserved nothing more than boos..... I am still so angry with this shower this is the worst city team in years...........

[quote user="Honest Joe"]I totally agree with you.

I think we should have kept Worthy.
[/quote]

Why dont you bathe him while you''re at it? He''s gone, because he was crap. If he was any good he should have been able to keep the current squad he had at the time in the premiership.

It is a sad state of affairs, when the head groundsman and his fork bearing divot replacin'' gang - have more positional sense, work ethic, enthusiasm and constructive teamwork during halftime..........than the squad of apathetic comatose charlatans; that ambled and meandered around the pitch for 90+ minutes today.[|-)]

[quote user="seat124"]

[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he said it was the team and his fault.

[quote user="ricky knight"]we should do a charlton and admit we got it wrong the blokes record is already shocking, get rid now.[/quote]

It''s too early for that. He''s still working with Worthy''s shower of **** so I wont judge him until after the january sales.

sorry hogsear, i had made my comments before i heard that.

fair play to Mr Grant, honesty costs nothing and long may it continue.

[quote user="Safri15"]Completely agree. Some of you lot are a joke. The bloke has been in football management for two months, he''s inherited the shite Worthington left behind, hasnt had a chance to sign anyone, and you''re all on his back already - some of you were obviously expecting the tide to turn instantly, but realistically with the crap we''re left with it isn''t going to happen. In my opinion he can''t be judged until the end of this season, let him sign some players, let him make the team his own, and then judge the results, not after 10 games in charge and with the crap Worthless bought.
[/quote]

wake up smell the coffee pal, the bloke is a muppet. we dont expect miracles. just a glimmer of improvement, if anything we are getting worse.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Safri15"]Completely agree. Some of you lot are a joke. The bloke has been in football management for two months, he''s inherited the shite Worthington left behind, hasnt had a chance to sign anyone, and you''re all on his back already - some of you were obviously expecting the tide to turn instantly, but realistically with the crap we''re left with it isn''t going to happen. In my opinion he can''t be judged until the end of this season, let him sign some players, let him make the team his own, and then judge the results, not after 10 games in charge and with the crap Worthless bought. [/quote]

wake up smell the coffee pal, the bloke is a muppet. we dont expect miracles. just a glimmer of improvement, if anything we are getting worse.

[/quote]I don''t think there is any doubt Ricky we are getting worse, a lot worse! Replacing an inept manager with another inept manager who lost the dressing room in his first month and then lost most of the fans in his second month takes some beating!

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Safri15"]Completely agree. Some of you lot are a joke. The bloke has been in football management for two months, he''s inherited the shite Worthington left behind, hasnt had a chance to sign anyone, and you''re all on his back already - some of you were obviously expecting the tide to turn instantly, but realistically with the crap we''re left with it isn''t going to happen. In my opinion he can''t be judged until the end of this season, let him sign some players, let him make the team his own, and then judge the results, not after 10 games in charge and with the crap Worthless bought.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think there is any doubt Ricky we are getting worse, a lot worse! Replacing an inept manager with another inept manager who lost the dressing room in his first month and then lost most of the fans in his second month takes some beating!
[/quote]

A good description of events JohnB.......I guess manager selection has to be the very worst of this board''s many weaknesses.........

I dont think we are any worse than when worthy was in charge,  but nor are we any better now that the honey moon period is over.  

The most worry thing is that the manager doesnt seem to have any more of an idea on how to change things than NW did;  Big thiungs have to come out of the jan window.

All our best performances and our best football came in the first 10 games under Worthington. Yes we had some awful performnces in those games too. We have matched the awful ones under Grant but never reached the standard of the good ones.

I''m not saying I want Worthy back and neither am I saying Grant won''t turn it around. What I am saying is that I''m disappointed that Grant hasn''t been able to get as much out of these players as Worthington did earlier in the season.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I dont think we are any worse than when worthy was in charge,  but nor are we any better now that the honey moon period is over.  

The most worry thing is that the manager doesnt seem to have any more of an idea on how to change things than NW did;  Big thiungs have to come out of the jan window.

[/quote]

I am not sure Zipper, Safri got the biggest ovation when he belatedly came on.  A manager who can''t even tell that Safri is a better player than Robinson, Etuhu and Hughes is a rubbish manager.  Even the thick Worthless had worked this out. Other players have even come out in the press and called on the obstinate Grant to pick him, he of couse ignored them because ''Grant knows best''.

Safri has started in 6 of our 8 league wins and came on after 20 minutes in another - considering he has barely played recently thats no mean feat.

Hughes has started 2 of the 8 wins.  Robinson and Etuhu have unbeleivably played almost every game this season and considering how rubbish they have been that stat beggars belief.

From this simple stat I can guess that Grant is not an Allardyce, examining every detail about all his players and how they play. It does tell me that he is pig-headed having fallen out with safri and refusing to let it lie.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

All our best performances and our best football came in the first 10 games under Worthington. Yes we had some awful performnces in those games too. We have matched the awful ones under Grant but never reached the standard of the good ones.

I''m not saying I want Worthy back and neither am I saying Grant won''t turn it around. What I am saying is that I''m disappointed that Grant hasn''t been able to get as much out of these players as Worthington did earlier in the season.

[/quote]

I have to agree with you and I was only saying this to a mate earlier on. Things are worse now than the start of the season when Worthy was here. At least then we were scoring goals. But now the goals have completely dried up. Don''t get me wrong also, I''m not saying it''s all Grant''s fault at all. But something needs to change.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]One thing I''ve learnt in life Zipper,  there is no such thing as standing still, standing still means you are going backwards, in an aggressively competitive and progressive sport/business, this means you are going backwards at a faster rate than ever, if PG is no better or worse than NW we are heading southwards, make no mistake!For the record, I believe PG is a poorer manager than NW, I know NW takes some beating in that department but PG has raised the bar to a new level In my opinion.After the ineptitude of Hamilton and Worthington, I was hoping for third time lucky, I didn''t realise the board were looking for a hat-trick!

For sure there''s no such thing as standing still, and to use Mystics down escalator example from another thread, attempting to stand still takes us backwards. Unfortunately, changing the manager when the transfer window is closed and the size of the squad the new manager has inherited has made it difficult to move forward.

But I STILL can''t understand why under Grant we can''t reach the level we did earlier in the season.