Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

A Busy January

Have a go at answering these questions

What do we need?

A New Goalkeeper, a new right back, another left back, 2 centre midfielders, 2 new strikers, another centre half and perhaps a left sided midfielder might be all we need!

Who is worthy of a place?

Drury maybe, either croft or chadwick, Huckerby and Earnshaw

Who else could you keep in the team for now?

Docherty or Shackall

Who should only be squad players?

The other from Doc or shackall, croft or chadwick if you cant accomodate both in the first 11, Dublin, Robinson,  Hughes maybe and trusted youngsters.

Who needs to go ASAP (or let contract run out in summer)

Colin, Fleming, Ryan jarvis, Henderson, thorne, etuhu (his heart aint in it), untrusted youngsters and mcveigh, Gallagher

Which youngsters should get a chance in 16

Martin, Spillane, Rossi J, Lewis

Which youngsters aren''t good enough?

Eagle, Halliday, (Fisk and Cave-brown if theey cant shine at Kings Lynn)

Who could we sign?

Billy Sharp, Chadwick as we expect, camp, davenport, pearson, riordan

Gallagher and Colin? why?

Gallagher needs a kick up the backside and Colin has been our best defender, and most consistent Player this season....

Im taking u havent seen him play much?

jas :)

Colins defended well, but lacked the attacking part. Wouldnt like to see him go ahead of fleming, thorne, robinson by any means.

Why should Colin and Gallagher go?

If anyone has watched / seen highlights of the last few games Gallagher has been at fault quite alot and has cost us goals. He isnt good enough, so say we do sign Camp and he''s the number 1 and we keep Gallagher he''s NO2, and Joe Lewis NO3. Thats pointless, Lewis is an england youth international who is now 19, if he''s good enough he''s old enough. With the current financial plight, wec might as well get rid of gallagher to free up some cash instead of having 3 senior keepers, you can always get emergency loans anyway.

Colin, yeah he could stay but what would the point in that be, i believe he is reasonably solid at the back, but his positioning can be very poor and he doesnt go forward with any decent affect enough. So if as i hope we do bring in a better right back, you can then use Rossi J, Cave-brown or Spillane as cover in that area again giving youthj a chance as people want and limiting senior players on the wage bill.

I also forgot about Louis-jean, he''s another who needs the shove if he is worst than colin and never fit.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

If anyone has watched / seen highlights of the last few games Gallagher has been at fault quite alot and has cost us goals. He isnt good enough, so say we do sign Camp and he''s the number 1 and we keep Gallagher he''s NO2, and Joe Lewis NO3. Thats pointless, Lewis is an england youth international who is now 19, if he''s good enough he''s old enough. With the current financial plight, wec might as well get rid of gallagher to free up some cash instead of having 3 senior keepers, you can always get emergency loans anyway.

Colin, yeah he could stay but what would the point in that be, i believe he is reasonably solid at the back, but his positioning can be very poor and he doesnt go forward with any decent affect enough. So if as i hope we do bring in a better right back, you can then use Rossi J, Cave-brown or Spillane as cover in that area again giving youthj a chance as people want and limiting senior players on the wage bill.

I also forgot about Louis-jean, he''s another who needs the shove if he is worst than colin and never fit.

[/quote]

a friend of mine sees the ressies regularly, and thats the whole point.. Lewis ISNT good enough.... he''s never even had a run out against tin pot sides in the league cup in his 3 years as a pro u notice? he''s big but thats about it... He might well be an England youth international but so was Daryl Sutch once!

[/quote]

Not hard to forget about him really. Oddly, Sir Roy kept referring to Colin as "Louis-jean" in his commentary vs Southend. I can''t think why as I can''t remember the last time he played for us (although if I''m being fair on him, when he did play it sounded like he was decent going forward) and I doubt he ever will again. He seems to have just disappeared off the face of the earth! Any news web team? Is he injured again?

I agree on the keep and we looked my confident with Camp at the back;  he should be our second signing (after chadwick).    As far as Colin is concerned I simply cant agree.  His defending is good but he has three weaknesses that I can see;  he is poor in the air,  he can be better going forward (although I had to laugh on Tues when sad sod behind moaned he didnt get forward enough having just put in a cross from the corner flag! - this has improved this year) and he is second best too often in challenges - suggesting he is a little lightweight  However he does go in for those challenges,  having usually chosen the right decision whether to do so or not.   Positionally I think he is fairly sound,  the only times this seems ''wrong'' is when the two central defenders get pulled towards the left flank for a cross from that side and he is left at the far post having to chose between the wide midfielder and their centre forward who has peeled off and not been tracked by the centre back (whether doc or dublin).

Clearly we need a partner for earnie (as dion is not an answer) a left back option and a couple of centre midfielders.   

Which youngsters aren''t good enough?

Eagle, Halliday, (Fisk and Cave-brown if theey cant shine at Kings Lynn)

[/quote]Eagle isnt good enough? i cant believe this, people moan about how we never get any youngsters through and yet when they do play for the first team they are slated-Eagle has played only a few games and in those games he has really impressed me, he''s only young and from i have seen he looks good for the future-even if he gets pushed off the ball to easily hes hardly getting weaker is he?-lay off the youth team.

Garlic bread:

"Eagle isnt good enough? i cant believe this, people moan about how we never get any youngsters through and yet when they do play for the first team they are slated-Eagle has played only a few games and in those games he has really impressed me, he''s only young and from i have seen he looks good for the future-even if he gets pushed off the ball to easily hes hardly getting weaker is he?-lay off the youth team."

No, i''m not slating him, just stating a fact.

I have seen him in first team and reerve games and i can guarentee he will never make it at championship level. He wants to be a winger but has no pace, and he has no height and strength. He is a good crosser of the ball but being able to cross a ball isnt enough to make you a success.

He is a good crosser of the ball but being able to cross a ball isnt enough to make you a success

Beckham made england captain on that very basis! 

However at the moment Eagle looks like he has some potential but seems lightweight and slow,   he can only improveone of those and if he can then he could become a useful member of the side.  Lack of pace as a winger IS  a problem to over come though.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

He is a good crosser of the ball but being able to cross a ball isnt enough to make you a success

Beckham made england captain on that very basis! 

However at the moment Eagle looks like he has some potential but seems lightweight and slow,   he can only improveone of those and if he can then he could become a useful member of the side.  Lack of pace as a winger IS  a problem to over come though.

[/quote]

another problem Becks had Zipper... with good Coaching Eagle wont suffer through lack of pace... get the cross in Early and accurately.