Sign in to follow this  
The Walking Man

Peter Grant's comments

After the Southend game Peter Grant was quick to agree that we were rubbis basically. Everyone could see that we were rubbish throughout the game, yet what did Peter Grant do about it? Use one of his thre substitutes... Is it me or could he have at least tried to freshen things up a bit, or even shove Doc''s upfront when they went down to ten men...

I think Mr Grant has a lot to learn and a short space of time...

Grant does have alot to learn, hence it being his first time in the drivers seat of management

[quote user="djb"]

After the Southend game Peter Grant was quick to agree that we were rubbis basically. Everyone could see that we were rubbish throughout the game, yet what did Peter Grant do about it? Use one of his thre substitutes... Is it me or could he have at least tried to freshen things up a bit, or even shove Doc''s upfront when they went down to ten men...

[/quote]  Grant has clearly put his cards on the table when you see the likes of Thorne, McVeigh and Fleming on the bench.  He needs to learn that these players are not going to set the game alight when they come on the pitch.  If you want to freshen things up then put the Jarvis brothers, Spillane and Eagle on the bench.

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="djb"]

[/quote]  Grant has clearly put his cards on the table when you see the likes of Thorne, McVeigh and Fleming on the bench.  He needs to learn that these players are not going to set the game alight when they come on the pitch.  If you want to freshen things up then put the Jarvis brothers, Spillane and Eagle on the bench.[/quote]

he said on "the championship" that he wants the ''little Norwich'' mentality to stop too... well said PG!

jas :)

He is an idiot, if he wasnt going to bring McVeigh  (who is always capable of getting or making a goal - even the new fat McVeigh) or Old Man Thorne on in that situation why the hell were they on the bench???

Worst of all - who warmed up - Craig Fleming!!!

Peter Grant is yet another work rate manager, ignoring skill over those players who try hardest in training.

Who is the worst trainer at Chelsea?  Didier Drogba........

WORSE THAN WORTHY.

INEPT MANAGEMENT.

The board have made a big mistake - hopefully they will follow the Charlton model and rectify this situation quickly.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

He is an idiot, if he wasnt going to bring McVeigh  (who is always capable of getting or making a goal - even the new fat McVeigh) or Old Man Thorne on in that situation why the hell were they on the bench???

Worst of all - who warmed up - Craig Fleming!!!

Peter Grant is yet another work rate manager, ignoring skill over those players who try hardest in training.

Who is the worst trainer at Chelsea?  Didier Drogba........

WORSE THAN WORTHY.

INEPT MANAGEMENT. [/quote]

If he''s worse than Worthy, who have we got to thank for that? All those who forced the hand of the board to drive Nigel Worthington out. It''s quite fun seeing the moaners get what they deserve - just a shame the majority of us have to suffer as a result of the moaners'' bullying tactics

The board have made a big mistake - hopefully they will follow the Charlton model and rectify this situation quickly.

I made an unpopular ''rant'' when he was appointed...based on what I knew of him in an earlier life. It wasn''t said just for the sake of it...or through ''sour grapes'' because I wanted someone else....but because I had studied how he worked....and remembered him as a player. Neither impressed me.

I don''t blame him for grabbing the chance offered...only a fool would not do the same thing....but don''t expect much more than we are getting right now. His eye will be for ''workmanlike'' players in his own mould....with special attention to those who will ''do what they are told''.....or ''yes men'' in other words. Those players of this type will already be his favourites at NCFC...(has anyone already noticed?).

We already have a fortress mentality within the club''s higher echelon...but look out for it among the playing/coaching staff in the coming months!  If you think he dislikes the fans now.....just watch and wait!

I''ve come to the conclusion that Grant is either obstinate or thick, or God help us, both.

I sincerely hope he''s solely being obstinate at this time, ''cause only a thicko would fail to remedy such a shortcoming if he seriously wanted to further his career as a football manager.

If the board does enable him with the necessary funds to bring in three or four staff of his choosing then the excuses made thus far for his somewhat dubious tactical decisions must cease after February if the club is still looking as dire as it is now.

If a goalkeeper & Chadwick are the only additions to the squad come January, then I guess the excuses made by many here on behalf of Grant, will continue until the end of the season and even if we did go down the excuse merchants would''ve seen to it that Grant kept his job.

I fear for the consequences after January, because regardless of the quality of player already here or what may come in, I personally don''t think Grant could motivate a bunch of squirrels to collect acorns. 

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]

If he''s worse than Worthy, who have we got to thank for that? All those who forced the hand of the board to drive Nigel Worthington out. It''s quite fun seeing the moaners get what they deserve - just a shame the majority of us have to suffer as a result of the moaners'' bullying tactics

[/quote]

OK, you obviously don''t go to games.  you also supported Worthinghton whom assembled this mess of a squad - you still support him now - well at least we are above the 19th position he left us in.  Its not fun seeing the board that dallied for too long in sacking worthington 6 months too late (and at worst he should have gone in the summer when perhaps Billy Davies or the like could have been hired) then hire a totally inexperienced manager in Grant after being sweet talked in the interview.

In fact you say Carl Robinson and the misfield are not at fault!!  When was the last game you went too!!!!  The defense has so much to do because the midfield is so utterly inept.  Then again what do I know when you can tell all this from afar...